Bills have fewest snaps to replace in the entire NFL from players leaving

A good stat generally speaking. But I think its more of if your replacing a ton of guys you may be in trouble. Replacing the least number does not mean much to me if those positions needed upgrades. For example, most wanted to upgrade at TE - not replacing Knox should not be a positive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t even know wtf this means..😳

I think it refers to needing to replace starters or guys who regularly see the field (take snaps).

Means we're returning most of our starters and our primary rotational players

Of course, to some since we only won 13 [Edit just for @Chandler#81: regular season] games and lost the AFCCG rather badly, it means we didn't get better.

Young players on the roster never improve and we failed to dump solid but expensive players in favor of a STAR [not named Lotulelei] and a bunch of overpaid FA guys.

🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting...  With the Bucs bringing back all their starters you'd think they would be in top 5 as well... I'm guessing that means they have lost a lot of their depth players.... or these numbers are as valuable as the ESPN QB rating system.......

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills92 said:

Interesting...  With the Bucs bringing back all their starters you'd think they would be in top 5 as well... I'm guessing that means they have lost a lot of their depth players.... or these numbers are as valuable as the ESPN QB rating system.......

That tweet is from from March 14th.  

• Like (+1) 1

You can argue about whether they're doing the right thing, but there's no arguing that McBeane do what they say they will do.  They've said they want to keep their players and build through the draft.  That's what they're doing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What Shaw66 said,

it’s all part of building an organization that will be successful over the long haul, Beane and McDermott are not interested in being good for two years and then falling back into the abyss of mediocrity and bad decision making that marks far to many years of the Bills existence, the odd thing is that a vocal few here really dislike what they are doing, go figure, right..., 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Ordinarily I am a trade down for picks kinda guy, but we are now in position where we should trade up to try and get an impact player.

7 rookies are not making this squad.

I actually go middle ground on the trade up/trade down position. 

unless they absolutely love someone to go up for, I say trade back and then use later resources to try and get 5-6 picks in between 40-150. Quality depth pieces that can develop into starters. 

In general I prefer that over trading up just cause I don’t know who in the first round is gonna def. get snaps on this team. 

if we do trade up, my guys would be:

- Vera-Tucker

- Owusa-Korramoah

- Farley/Horn

- Maybe Paye, but I cant sort the Edge class to save my life.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

This stat reminds me a bit of draw poker.  If you are drawing 4 cards, they all may hit and you may possibly win. The player drawing 0 or 1 card though likely has a better chance to win the hand.  Seems like this stat is looking at how many cards the teams are drawing.

48 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Ordinarily I am a trade down for picks kinda guy, but we are now in position where we should trade up to try and get an impact player.

7 rookies are not making this squad.

Another option is to trade back for 2022 picks. This would give better quality picks as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it refers to needing to replace starters or guys who regularly see the field (take snaps).

Means we're returning most of our starters and our primary rotational players

Of course, to some since we only won 13 games and lost the AFCCG rather badly, it means we didn't get better.

Young players on the roster never improve and we failed to dump solid but expensive players in favor of a Star and a bunch of overpaid FA guys.

🤷‍♂️

I recounted. We won 15 games -including 2 Home Playoff games. But..

we didn't win a single preseason game. So there’s that..

• Haha (+1) 5