Schein - Nine Make-or-Break players for 2021 (Ed Oliver)

wppete

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I disagree -with the exception of Oliver. His miss-use makes the 5th year option a real challenge. Certainly, his stats/performance to date doesn’t rate top 10 DT $$, but again, I believe he’s handicapped by constantly rotating out. 

Knox is improving every year including blocking. He stays -though the team may add another TE. Ford was injured last year. It’s a write off season. He showed enough as a rook to warrant strong opportunity this year. Singletary has fantastic moves, finding slivers of daylight and slipping through. He does need to improve in passpro though.

In short, I believe all 4 will be with the team in ‘22.

Me too.

11 hours ago, Putin said:

Played pretty well that’s it ?? He was a top 10 pick him and Edmonds NEED show up this year and start producing , ENOUGH with excuses played out of position or Edmonds needs Milano next to him , we have a top 5 offense we need our defense to contribute and put us over the top 

The defense was elite in 2019 and after 6 or 7 weeks to try to adjust to Star's absence and all the new guys on the DL, damn good in 2020.

They need one more pass rusher.

Edited by Thurman#1

Was looking for this thread. Thanks for bumping it. 

A poster on another board who is pretty dilaled-into the team, who said Josh was going to be a star 3 months before last season started (and there were no OTAs or mini camps, much less pre-season games or even training camp to go off of at the time), is saying the same thing about EO.  Take it FWIW but he’s rarely made these statements before. 

Edited by Doc

You know who else dropped off last year? Jordan Phillips, the giant DT who ran wild here next to Oliver and when he went elsewhere vanished. 

Oliver is an exciting, quick, penetrating type DT. 
Phillips is a 340+ pound DT who can rush the passer.

Star is an absolutely immoveable object. Not as big as I would like, but extremely strong and plenty big enough. 

That was a nice rotation to mix and match at DT. 

2/3 of those guys were either gone or didn't play last year. That matters a lot. 

Oliver is going to feast this year with Star coming back AND (hopefully) the addition of another huge DT in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/9/2021 at 6:43 AM, TheBeaneBandit said:

At some point he's gotta get more disruptive on passing downs. Aaron Donald don't need no stinkin 1tech lol, yeah I know there's only one AD.

I think the Rams run a 3-4 as their base with a NT, but regardless Donald sees a ton of double-teams and it is amazing that he is still such a disruptive force. He is a unique talent.

Huge shoes for any defensive lineman to try to fill, but Oliver will be able to shine more if we can get a better NT/1-Tech to draw the double teams.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

A poster on another board who is pretty dilaled-into the team, who said Josh was going to be a star 3 months before last season started (and there were no OTAs or mini camps, much less pre-season games or even training camp to go off of at the time), is saying the same thing about EO.  Take it FWIW but he’s rarely made these statements before. 

Is this satire?

14 hours ago, Doc said:

I mean for what it's worth I've been calling Josh a superstar on this board for 2 years 😂

And ed has been a very good young DT.. he is primed to breakout

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

️ Or a high Draft pick 1 Tech ( first 3 rounds). You need your partners out there to help get the job done. How would Josh have done last year with Zay Jones and the rest of the misfits he had in his first year. Not well. Star opting out hurt Ed more than anyone by a large margin. We all love Harrison Phillips but up to now he’s not good enough. We need better at 1 tech for Ed to thrive in his role.