La Traila is hiring

1 hour ago, scuba guy said:

The commute time mite be to much from ny

Work remotely! It’s all the rage!  

Wife goes back to work in NYC next week after more than a year. Hates the idea of dress shoes again, of all things! UGH! 

A buddy went to a concert at the Roxy here a few weeks ago. QAR codes at the distanced table. Never even see a server, just order on your phone and they bring it out. They know what table from the code. Surprised they didn’t send R2D2 to serve it! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Wife goes back to work in NYC next week after more than a year. Hates the idea of dress shoes again, of all things! UGH! 

A buddy went to a concert at the Roxy here a few weeks ago. QAR codes at the distanced table. Never even see a server, just order on your phone and they bring it out. They know what table from the code. Surprised they didn’t send R2D2 to serve it!

So this sounds like one day, remote restaurant work could be a thing - remotely assist patrons with any order, then program the R2D2 to bring them their food

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So this sounds like one day, remote restaurant work could be a thing - remotely assist patrons with any order, then program the R2D2 to bring them their food

It might just beat the flip side. A buddy came to visit 5-10 years ago and we went to a fairly high end seafood restaurant in Atlanta. The server started out friendly enough, and then he just kept getting friendlier. TOO friendly! He left, then came back, and stayed. He eventually actually SAT DOWN at the table with us! I wish I could have just unplugged that dude! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

It might just beat the flip side. A buddy came to visit 5-10 years ago and we went to a fairly high end seafood restaurant in Atlanta. The server started out friendly enough, and then he just kept getting friendlier. TOO friendly! He left, then came back, and stayed. He eventually actually SAT DOWN at the table with us! I wish I could have just unplugged that dude! 

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? 

Did you say anything? 

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? 

Did you say anything? 

We did our best, and probably too much, to be polite. 

It was VERY strange, he was an older guy and a career server, but don’t sit down to explain after asked a question about a special. Then join the party.  Didn’t have a noticeable limp or injury. The place wasn’t empty and he wasn’t bored. My buddy is outgoing (especially when wine is involved) and draws people in, but THAT was out of line. The ONLY time I’ve ever had a server sit at a joint above a Chili’s. 

9 hours ago, Augie said:

The future?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You could definitely have a tablet at the table with live access to a person and then just an automated runner. Hotels already have the early iterations of this for room service.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Gimme a restaurant where iconic robots from pop culture serve my food.

Take all my monies.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Where abouts in the city does she work and what profession if you don't mind me asking?

I lived on the UWS from 2004-2012.