Bills players you disliked

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou said:

Totally agree dude!

I would drag my old ass through 10 miles of broken glass just to listen to her fart over a pay phone!

The hardest part of making that happen might be finding a pay phone.  🤷‍♂️

The world has changed a bit......

• Haha (+1) 2

Whitner. I remember him always just saying corny stuff too. Just a cringey dude that I wish we hadn't picked in the first place. He was hard to like.

I remember a very young me disliking Jeff Wright because he always seemed like the weak spot on an amazing defense but whatever I think I was 9, Jeff Wright's alright.

Rob Johnson was always pretty lame.

12 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm gonna give some of the youngsters a little history lesson.

1970s: I was a little kid. I loved everyone in a Bills uniform. Dennis Shaw was my first legit football hero (yeah, really). I couldn't stand Wayne Patrick, the fullback. I just had in my mind that he fumbled every game. And you know what? I think my 8 year old brain was right on the money. I looked it up. He fumbled 18 times in 264 carries. How is that allowed to happen? How does this guy start for 4 years? I think the term "Billsy" should have been invented for things like this, sticking with a guy who has proven time and time again that he just shouldn't be in the NFL.

1980s: hey, I liked Joe Ferguson as much as any Bills fan back did back in the 70s. But has any team ever stuck by a mediocre QB longer than the Bills? He was acceptable when young, with a great running game. He was still our QB in the mid-80s, well into his 30s, on terrible teams that should have been rebuilding. Not really his fault; management's fault. But still seeing him limp out there every Sunday was a sign of how lost his franchise was. Thank goodness the USFL failed and Jim Kelly was forced to swallow his pride and come to Buffalo.

1990s: Todd Collins. Yeah, it's never easy following the legend. But still ... not the guy, and it was obvious from the start. Frank Reich kind of sucked when he got a chance to start elsewhere, but Bills fans being what we are, I always wanted him to get a shot with us. So Collins is my whipping boy. Sorry, Todd.

2000s: Aaron Maybin. Didn't come till the tail end of the decade, but still: I don't think I've ever seen a guy less interested in becoming an NFL player. He's certainly an unusual personality, and I actually have a grudging respect for him deciding that everything that goes with being an NFL player (including what you have to do to your body) just wasn't for him. But maybe you coulda come to that conclusion in, say, 2008, before the 2009 draft?

2010s: Brad Smith. Another "not really his fault" guy, but another sign of what was wrong with the Bills for two decades. I dreaded seeing him trot out to run the wildcat. Did it ever work? I mean, really work? It was a copycat thing after the Dolphins started it, and we did it with no element of surprise and in a klutzy manner. (Erik Pears, honorable mention, in the grand tradition of "how long do we have to wait before the coaching staff gives up on this guy?" See Patrick, Wayne.)

2020s: Hey, everything is awesome. But I can see myself turning on Tremaine Edmunds really fast if we get off to a slow defensive start again ...

I like goofing on Sad Sack Fergy, but I've never hated him. He was just so MEH.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:53 PM, sherpa said:

To put a positive spin on this, I spent a fair amount of time with Jim Ritcher, a wall guy, and he is a super gent.

I am sure a bunch were cool. Unfortunately, the headliners are just... well... you know. Tasker was not great first time but the second encounter was ok. Hes quiet i respect that. Pete Metzelaars was cool too 

Whitner and McGahee were the first to come to mind, and after reading the thread they both come up a lot. Only saw Travis Henry on here a couple times but he's a ****head of a human, Leodis was a dummy but had love for the team so eh. Lynch wanted out of Buffalo and that bugged me to see him dog his talent (until Seattle, obviously). Kelsay got like two too many contacts but that's not his fault. Eh, that's a couple 

On 4/8/2021 at 9:32 PM, BruceVilanch said:

Rob Johnson, Whitner, Peerless Price (Not as a person, I didn't like that he left), Gilmore seemed like a Dbag, Watkins, Mckelvin mostly because the fumble against the Pats. I liked ALL the 90's bills, but that's because we were winning.

?.?  Price was traded 

On 4/9/2021 at 7:24 PM, jkeerie said:

Hated when we picked Maybin.  I'm a Penn State alum and fan...but I knew he was going to be a bust.  Too young for the pros.  Good artist, though.

Yeah, I'm a PSU fan as well. But Maybin was a terrible pick. I had a wager that he wouldn't go before the 3rd round. But he was an especially bad pick for the Bills, a 4-3 team. Maybin weighed 225 lbs at the end of the season. 

But by all accounts, he's a good guy. Just wasn't committed to football. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/8/2021 at 2:59 PM, Mark Vader said:

Jairus Byrd & Stephon Gilmore were both unprofessional and quit on the team.

Yet in some ways how can you blame guys for getting more money in FA and not staying with a team that was stuck in perpetual sucktitude? The change in culture is amazing with the Bills.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yet in some ways how can you blame guys for getting more money in FA and not staying with a team that was stuck in perpetual sucktitude? The change in culture is amazing with the Bills.

If a player is going to want out when free agency hits, fine.

But during the season, you still play the season and give it your best. Gilmore gave up and didn't care during his final season with the Bills and you saw it in his play. That was very disrespectful to the team and the fans.

I could name a few coaches as well, but since thread is about which players, I'd have to say I can't think of many Bills players (if any at all) I dislike/disliked. I guess I'd have to say Incognito. Didn't dislike his play on the field or anything, just wasn't too thrilled with the off field issues.

Other one off top of my head would be Fitz I guess. This one is kinda the other way around. A great, stand-up guy....but grew furious with his play at times. But again, I can't really say I "disliked" those players or any others off top of my head. Just frustrated at times more or less.

Edit: Guess I can throw ol Nate Petermen in with those.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

On 4/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, Rico said:

I like goofing on Sad Sack Fergy, but I've never hated him. He was just so MEH.

Hey, don't get me wrong - I never hated Fergy.

I guess I was thinking more like this: guys I dreaded seeing trot out on the field because they just weren't competent players either in general (Maybin) or not anymore (Fergy).

• Like (+1) 1

I blame the GM’s/coaches more than the players themselves, especially during the playoff drought era. There were a lot of terrible decisions made on players that were either drafted and/or signed. The high amount of RB’s/DB’s selected in the first round during that 17 year period was ridiculous!

• Like (+1) 2

1) J. P. Losman.  He always cried about not being given a fair chance. 

2) Remi Prudhomme.  This is for the old guys.  He single handedly lost a game for us back in the "old rockpike" with repeated incredibly poor snaps.  It still hurts.

Edited by longtimebillsfan