Bills players you disliked

4 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

Sorry I don't live on the forum, dude. 

Here are some excerpts from Tim Graham's 2020 interview with Stevie surrounding the Pittsburgh game drop & subsequent tweet fallout. 

Yeah, Stevie called out Gailey once in 2012 (perhaps it was warranted, considering the offense was ***** and Gailey was fired just a couple months later...). You know who else was a headache for their team and was labeled a diva? Who just so happens to be on the current Bills roster and whose nuts all our fans hang off of? I'll give you some time to think of who that might be.

You make Stevie out to be some dickwad for some reason. In an era of ***** teams and ***** players - many of whom were just collecting a paycheck - he busted his ass and helped make the team fun to watch, every week. He loved Buffalo, the fans, the team, and still comes back for games/gives back to the community. 

Have fun hating SJ13 🤙

Zxb3Q6f.jpg

What I said about Johnson was that he was a selfish, losing culture quality of player that wouldn't be welcome on McDermott's roster.........nothing you quoted counters that.    

I don't hate SJ13.........I just hated having his undisciplined idiocy on the Bills.    He would literally draw attention to himself.........and then choke under the self inflicted pressure.:lol:

Making a fool of yourself......failing........and then exposing your hurt feelings to the world is a great to make you relatable to the public..........all that self-involvement is not great for helping your team win.

After Stevie left it's been all laughs when he gets a mention.........here's a link to the last time he cost his team a game with a stupid, selfish penalty at his last stop in San Diego:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/10/chargers-stevie-johnson-on-penalty-i-have-to-be-smarter/

• Eyeroll 1

47 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

Let's say the QB throws a perfect pass. Kelvin Benjamin the WR bobbles the ball and puts it right into the hands of the defender. Is the resulting INT the QB's fault, or the WR's?

Scott Norwood provided a kick which very well might have gone through, had the laces been aligned correctly. Was it his responsibility to somehow adjust his kick to the fact the laces were facing the wrong way? Is that something the coaches had drilled into him during practice? I don't have the answers to those questions. But, I haven't heard of kickers practicing "laces wrong" type kicks.

As for the long snapper thing: a few years ago I read Bill Polian's book. In it, he described an (unnamed) long snapper. According to Polian, the long snapper was a perfectly good player except for one thing. When he snapped the ball the laces were always aligned incorrectly. He wrote that he didn't want to have to cut an otherwise good player due to that one thing. So, he had a coach or ex-player (I forget which) work with the long snapper on that issue. The coach figured out that the ball was consistently a quarter turn the wrong way. So he taught the player to rotate the ball by a quarter turn before snapping it. Bingo! Problem solved. The player kept his roster spot.

The point I was making with the missed opportunities thing is that the blame for the loss doesn't all come down to the final play. Every player who missed plays they should have made should be held accountable, not just the one missed opportunity at the very end of the game.

Valid rebuttal.  I think it's been pretty clear over the years that fans spread the blame around to others besides Norwood, and not only spreading the blame but going to lengths to absolve Norwood, like it appears you are doing.  Games often come down to the final drive/play/kick. He missed it, the kick was wide right soon as it left his foot, maybe the laces would have made a difference, but it didn't seem to have a chance right off the bat.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, BruceSlayne said:

Vontae Davis,  Who quits at halftime?

I don't hate him for that. Vontae Davis said that the reason he quit was because he wants to play to a certain standard, he was no longer able to play to that standard, and felt he was letting himself and the team down. During the second half of that game his replacement played better than he did.

Was retiring at halftime the smartest, most logical thing he could have done? No. The smart move would have been to ask the coaches to bench him so that a better player could take his place. Requesting a benching would also have been smart from his own personal standpoint. I'm pretty sure that a player's salary for the year is guaranteed, as long as the player is on the opening day roster. But his retirement voided that guarantee, so he lost what would have been the majority of his salary for the year.

Clearly he made an emotional decision. But that doesn't make him a bad guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I don't hate him for that. Vontae Davis said that the reason he quit was because he wants to play to a certain standard, he was no longer able to play to that standard, and felt he was letting himself and the team down. During the second half of that game his replacement played better than he did.

Was retiring at halftime the smartest, most logical thing he could have done? No. The smart move would have been to ask the coaches to bench him so that a better player could take his place. Requesting a benching would also have been smart from his own personal standpoint. I'm pretty sure that a player's salary for the year is guaranteed, as long as the player is on the opening day roster. But his retirement voided that guarantee, so he lost what would have been the majority of his salary for the year.

Clearly he made an emotional decision. But that doesn't make him a bad guy.

Completely agree, Vontae probably epitomizes the reputation we had of no one wanting to play for buffalo lol. It wasn't like that though, he was just done, that move cost him alot of money and he didn't care, he was done.

Guys like Benjamin and Maybin were just lazy and arrogant, couldn't stand them. Even Lynch, I liked him, he was too emotional and got his feelings hurt by the Buffalo media and bailed on his teammates but at least in his mind he had a justified reason.

2 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Josh Allen because his girl is off the charts.

I kinda think his girl is eh, but hey I don't have to be with her, a bit young for me anyways.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, Doc Brown said:

Maybin, Watkins, McGahee, Lynch, Dareus

Hated when we picked Maybin.  I'm a Penn State alum and fan...but I knew he was going to be a bust.  Too young for the pros.  Good artist, though.

• Like (+1) 1

Keith Ellison. Dude was thrust into the starting role and sucked..for years. Thanks Dick Jauron. He was the Nate Peterman of linebackers. Way undersized for the time and whiffed. Easily hated him on the field. Needless to say I was elated when he was finally released. 

• Like (+1) 1

Kyle Ortin. He was in it for the money, 100%. He didn’t play with heart, not at all. 

3 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

DISAGREE. Do you even remember Chris Kelsay? The man just stayed on the Bills roster forever and never could get over 5 sacks in a season.

Schobel never got under 5 sacks except for his injured season. Matter of fact Schobel had over 10 sacks for 4 seasons.

He had that sweet pick 6 on Monday night against the Cowgirls tho. 

Edited by Nick the Greek
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Let's say the QB throws a perfect pass. Kelvin Benjamin the WR bobbles the ball and puts it right into the hands of the defender. Is the resulting INT the QB's fault, or the WR's?

Scott Norwood provided a kick which very well might have gone through, had the laces been aligned correctly. Was it his responsibility to somehow adjust his kick to the fact the laces were facing the wrong way? Is that something the coaches had drilled into him during practice? I don't have the answers to those questions. But, I haven't heard of kickers practicing "laces wrong" type kicks.

As for the long snapper thing: a few years ago I read Bill Polian's book. In it, he described an (unnamed) long snapper. According to Polian, the long snapper was a perfectly good player except for one thing. When he snapped the ball the laces were always aligned incorrectly. He wrote that he didn't want to have to cut an otherwise good player due to that one thing. So, he had a coach or ex-player (I forget which) work with the long snapper on that issue. The coach figured out that the ball was consistently a quarter turn the wrong way. So he taught the player to rotate the ball by a quarter turn before snapping it. Bingo! Problem solved. The player kept his roster spot.

The point I was making with the missed opportunities thing is that the blame for the loss doesn't all come down to the final play. Every player who missed plays they should have made should be held accountable, not just the one missed opportunity at the very end of the game.

You are correct, but nobody remembers that the meal wasn’t that great, but they remember that the dessert sucked for sure.  

4 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Completely agree, Vontae probably epitomizes the reputation we had of no one wanting to play for buffalo lol. It wasn't like that though, he was just done, that move cost him alot of money and he didn't care, he was done.

Guys like Benjamin and Maybin were just lazy and arrogant, couldn't stand them. Even Lynch, I liked him, he was too emotional and got his feelings hurt by the Buffalo media and bailed on his teammates but at least in his mind he had a justified reason.

I kinda think his girl is eh, but hey I don't have to be with her, a bit young for me anyways.

Josh likes his women a little the trashy side.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gigs said:

Keith Ellison. Dude was thrust into the starting role and sucked..for years. Thanks Dick Jauron. He was the Nate Peterman of linebackers. Way undersized for the time and whiffed. Easily hated him on the field. Needless to say I was elated when he was finally released. 

This ^

Couldn't have said it better myself.   Every season I thought had to be his last.  Surely they could find a real-sized LB to upgrade over Ellison.  But did they?  No.  Over and over again, he just kept making the team.  I'm glad you mentioned him, Gigs.  Totally forgot about him but now I appreciate our real, actual-football front office even more today.

• Thank you (+1) 1