Bills players you disliked

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Here is all you need to know about what kind of guy Stevie Johnson was:

Chan Gailey made him into an important player............he fed him the ball and gave him the freedom to do almost whatever he wanted on the field........something that nobody else would have given him.

He owed his brief success to Gailey giving him a chance and putting him in position to succeed with his horizontal passing offense.

But when Gailey pleaded with him to stop with the totally unnecessary and embarrassingly immature unsportsmanlike conduct penalties..........he refused........spiting Gailey just days later in a game against the most hated division rival.    He basically challenged Gailey to bench him.........so Gailey had to.........and they then blew a big lead and lost.

Loser.

If you think Sean McDermott would have tolerated his bullish*t you are sadly mistaken.  

Stevie wouldn't have made one training camp with McDermott

• Like (+1) 2

Rob Johnson, Whitner, Peerless Price (Not as a person, I didn't like that he left), Gilmore seemed like a Dbag, Watkins, Mckelvin mostly because the fumble against the Pats. I liked ALL the 90's bills, but that's because we were winning.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I don't dislike him for that.   But it was impossible for me to ever like him again.

The only reason I dislike Harmon for that drop is the sketchy gambling past he had in college. It all might have been in his past at that point, but he wasn’t a guy I’d consider trustworthy. Lack of being of trustworthy is always a good reason to dislike a player. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This might get a battery thrown at my head by some of you......but....young Jim Kelly

Back in my John from Cape Cod days when I was stationed up on Otis Air National Guard Base I had a friend (a pretty trustworthy guy he, I, and a young lady were out having beers one night and they told me of the day when Jim Kelly asked for a girls number in front of them (The woman was married)

It wasnt that Jim asked for the number....maybe he didnt know she was married?  It was his reaction to being rejected was he threw a drink in her face for rejecting him......she wasnt even being B about it just said no.   They were stunned. And Jim Kelly was asked to leave the establishment.

Didnt like him after I heard that.  Now to his credit it looks like Jim has grown up over the years and he has been threw his own trials along with victory's which I respect.

JK was a major A hole when he was younger and I’ll just leave it at that. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, dneveu said:

Justin Rogers.  I've never had a player induce as much rage as he did in that stretch of 2013 when gilmore and brooks were out and he was getting shredded by legit any QB/WR with a pulse. They cut him after gilmore came back with the club, but i hated that guy.  

This 😲

• Like (+1) 1

Robert Royal:

Freaking 4 fumbles in just 58 touches during a 2 year span. A tight end with a fumbling issue. What the actual F.

Aaron maybin:

Had the audacity to hold out and then came to work at about 165lb soaking wet. 

Jordan Mills:

He just freaking sucked and it seemed the franchise just couldn’t get enough of it. 

2 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Josh Reed and Zay Jones....2nd round picks that were massive busts. 

Jones biggest contribution in his 2 years was making sure Fat A** KB was lined up in the right spot each play.... Like basically physically putting KB where he needed to be each and every play. 

2 hours ago, cwater10 said:

All due respect BADOL, but as they say; you are entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts.  The FACTS are that Stevie was a 7th round pick in 2008, the same draft that Buffalo selected James Hardy in round 2.  Stevie proved to be the superior player and made that higher pick of Hardy a distant bad memory.  David Nelson and Donald Wilson came on undrafted in 2010, Gailey's first season, but were not really factors until 2011.  2010 is the year that SJ really made his bones in this league.  You are omitting from your memory the other 2 primary receivers on the Bills in 2010, Lee Evans (1st Round Selection) and Roscoe Parrish (2nd Round Selection).  Johnson's emergence in 2010 was no small factor in Evans eventually becoming expendable.  

And I think that maybe you have the Gailey/Johnson dynamic backwards.  You say that SJ owes his success to Gailey.  Perhaps it is Gailey, who was off to a 0-8 start when he offered these unheard of "freedoms" to a young receiver, that owes some of his success to Stevie.  In so doing, the offense came alive and finished out the season splitting the final 8 games, allowing Chan to stick around for two more seasons.

I guess it all depends upon what lenses you choose to peer through.  You refer to a lost generation of young Bills fans with low standards.  Seriously, WTF is that crap? I have been going to games since they were played at War Memorial.  I've seen it all, on and off the field and I'll guarantee that you know precious little about my "standards" or expectations.  I know good football players when I see them.  I know good fans when I see them and hear them.  And neither can be pigeon holed into some pre-conceived notion that you may have about generations, work ethics, etc....  Young fans and old are individuals, not the monolith that you seem to be pointing to.  Same with players...  They come in all shapes, sizes and from all cultures.  They are individuals playing a team game.  Stevie was both.  I celebrate him.  

And most importantly, as an official old fool, I raise a toast to that young lost generation that seems to perplex you.  Take a closer look and open your eyes.  They sat through that crap, sans the good memories from the glory years and are still here to revel in the return of the good times.  That is a fan.  Cheers!  

Besides...  How in the hell do you resent a player that pretended to fire a musket at the Patriot mascot.  That is pure gold.  If that team had more players with that level of passion, that decade would have been so much more enjoyable and memorable.

1) I don't know where you get the Johnson/Hardy narrative.   Hardy was a bust.......Johnson was just a roster hanger-on during that period.    Stevie Johnson's out-producing James Hardy 12 catches to 10 in 2008-2009 did not make anyone forget that Hardy was a bust.    

2) Evans and Parrish were at the end of their careers in 2010.......misfit vertical receivers a horizontal passing offense with two short tossing QB's......their draft status as they were washing out as players is completely irrelevant.   After 2010 the two of them combined for a total of 90 yards receiving before they hung up the cleats.

3) You are conflating Donald Jones and George Wilson..........different guys.   

4) What I know is that Gailey gave him a chance to play and a style of offense that was perfect for his skillset.   And his reward?   Johnson openly defying a totally reasonable request to not commit selfish penalties.    

5) Your second and third paragraph is utter self-serving "I'm the cool old guy" sh*t.  :lol:   That was a lotta' words to twist what I said.    I respect the lost generation of Bills fans who grew up not knowing what a contending team looks like.........you raise a toast from afar if you want........ I tailgate with them every home game.  Some of them since they were kids and now they have kids.    They had every right to not want anything to do with the morbidly mediocre, drought era Bills.   Like I said,  I blame the organization for the incompetence.   When your team has no substance,  the people are naturally going to gravitate to any "style" in it's absence.    Even some people who should have a higher standard found importance in some of his stupid acts......like that "pure gold" you described.:rolleyes:   

You think you know what everything looks like..........well if you think Sean McDermott would tolerate an asshat like SJ13 then you don't know much.:lol:

• Eyeroll 1

Willis McGahee never liked being in Buffalo and bad mouthed the town constantly. I saw Billy Joe Hobert's name above a few times and agree there. A few people mentioned Kelly and he was a cocky bastard back in the day. I met him when I was younger and on that day he was a great guy. I think if you caught him with a hang over, he'd snarl. 

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

I'm guessing it is because a large percentage of the folks here are too young to have seen him play. They likely know him more for hiis post career antics.  As somebody who came of age as a Bills fan very much during the OJ era, it saddens me a bit that his greatness as a football player has really been downplayed so much by the NFL.  I totally understand why, but it kills the Bills fan in me.  I still think he is one of the top 5 running backs in my lifetime....and right up there was Bruce Smith as one of the two best players in franchise history. 

Now, when they talk about he all-time greats, he is an afterthought.  When NFL Network did their all-tme coutndown, he ranked fairly high (can't remember where now) but only got cursary mention by the analysts.  Like they want everyone to forget him.  It really is kind of a scar for a lot of us older fans.

Perhaps you should be more careful in your choice of words? 🤨

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Rob Johnson, Whitner, Peerless Price (Not as a person, I didn't like that he left), Gilmore seemed like a Dbag, Watkins, Mckelvin mostly because the fumble against the Pats. I liked ALL the 90's bills, but that's because we were winning.

Funny you mention Price... he is one of my very favorite players of the "drought era".  I was so excited when they re-signed him later. 

I forgot how many people hated Whitner.  I think he was a guy who just wanted to fire his teammates with bold proclomations, but couldn't deliver on his own, and for the most part, the team around him pretty much sucked.  He played his heart out as a Bill...no wonder he had more luck when he went to a better team.  

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Stevie wouldn't have made one training camp with McDermott

I think everyone knows it..........but it hurts his fans to hear it.

The term "Bills Mafia" was not born of logic..........it came about by loss-grief stricken fans defending SJ13 against national media mocking him for losing a game with a drop and then blaming God on twitter..........but I think after a few years of winning those fans now know that kinda' sh*t shouldn't have happened......wouldn't be accepted in that locker room now....... and did not warrant excuse making at the time.

• Like (+1) 2