Bills players you disliked

1 hour ago, junior12thman92 said:

Wish we still had the confused reaction emoji for comments like this.

Dude was the epitome of "process." Worked his way up from 7th rounder to WR1, all the while having a personality and having fun. I'm willing to bet you're in the minority of Bills fans that find him to be a loser. 

Here is all you need to know about what kind of guy Stevie Johnson was:

Chan Gailey made him into an important player............he fed him the ball and gave him the freedom to do almost whatever he wanted on the field........something that nobody else would have given him.

He owed his brief success to Gailey giving him a chance and putting him in position to succeed with his horizontal passing offense.

But when Gailey pleaded with him to stop with the totally unnecessary and embarrassingly immature unsportsmanlike conduct penalties..........he refused........spiting Gailey just days later in a game against the most hated division rival.    He basically challenged Gailey to bench him.........so Gailey had to.........and they then blew a big lead and lost.

Loser.

If you think Sean McDermott would have tolerated his bullish*t you are sadly mistaken.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Agree 2

Can't recall disliking any Bills player while they played, but I have a healthy dislike for Fred Smerlas for the crap he talks about the team and the city on Boston radio.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Agree 3

This might get a battery thrown at my head by some of you......but....young Jim Kelly

Back in my John from Cape Cod days when I was stationed up on Otis Air National Guard Base I had a friend (a pretty trustworthy guy he, I, and a young lady were out having beers one night and they told me of the day when Jim Kelly asked for a girls number in front of them (The woman was married)

It wasnt that Jim asked for the number....maybe he didnt know she was married?  It was his reaction to being rejected was he threw a drink in her face for rejecting him......she wasnt even being B about it just said no.   They were stunned. And Jim Kelly was asked to leave the establishment.

Didnt like him after I heard that.  Now to his credit it looks like Jim has grown up over the years and he has been threw his own trials along with victory's which I respect.

• Like (+1) 3

McGahee by far.  Talk about an ungrateful bastage.  He was taken in the first round when most people wouldn’t have drafted him at all with that catastrophic knee injury.  Happy he healed, but to go out the way he did was disgusting and then bashing the city on his way out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Jim Kelly, bad experience at an autograph session I had when first came to town. The bad moment didn't happen to me but rubbed me the wrong way.

Doug Flutie, I co-created a Flutie Haters website when he signed here as he had a horrible past and it turns it's ugly head here in Buffalo too. 

Mike Williams, as never liked the idea that switching a RT to LT was smart toss in McKinnie was a much better prospect.

Antoine Winfield, let me preface that I did like him but didn't like the way some fans over valued him as to me Nate Clements was a much better player.

Aaron Maybin, when was passed on Brian Orakapo on draft day I was screaming at the top of my lungs. 

Yes, Lil Antoine was a hero to vertically challenged Bills fans, but he was no Nate Clements.

2 minutes ago, itaos said:

The word Maybin gives me an instant feeling of disgust. Not necessarily his fault.

Yeah, I can’t hate a guy for being over-drafted. It has to be about the person, for me. Maybe he was a jerk, maybe he wasn’t, I don’t know. His play was CERTAINLY disappointing and the regime at the time takes the blame for that. 

Plenty of bad guys out there to name. That’s why I’m not a jersey guy....I have no idea who these people really are. Not saying it’s wrong, but it’s a personal choice and I enjoy seeing the crowd bathed in jerseys. If I ever DID get a jersey, it would probably be Kyle Williams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is more of an issue with me than it is with the player. But I always seem to dislike players that the fan base was overally supportive of when they actually weren't that great.

Talley and Reich are at the top of the list.

And I really dislike Moorman. Not his fault. But he was overly enthusiastic on the field for a punter even if he was the only good player on some terrible teams.  I always graded on me that the team would win 4 games and the fan base would buy Moorman jerseys. 

14 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

John Fina

He was definitely not a likable player.       

Bringing up some of these guys really makes me appreciate the fact that don't-give-a-sh*t attitudes like his aren't in their sweet spot in Buffalo anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

This will be an odd choice, but Matt Leinart comes to mind. I still remember when he came to Buffalo and played in a single pre-season game it looked he hadn't prepared for even a single minute. I'm betting anyone on this message board could have put in more of an effort. Truly horrible. I still cringe when I see him on TV.

Edited by SoCal Deek

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

SJ13

That guy was the ultimate anti-process, me-first Buffalo Bill loser.

Huh?  This is the polar opposite of how I experienced Stevie.  I remember a 7th round pick that busted his ass to get on the field ahead of some considerably higher drafted guys, becoming the first Bill to post 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons, and then showed his Buffalo love by signing an extension to stay and to the best of my memory, never once complained about a thing.  Did he like to have his fun?  He did.  Why so serious BadolBilz?  Stevie was fun and good!

Edited by cwater10
Because I am a lazy, anti process guy that accidentally typed "OP" instead of "BADOLBILZ"
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Surprised no one has said OJ yet.  Then again, he hadn't, ahem, done anything felonious during his playing career (that I know of).

Couldn't stand John McCargo.  Probably had to do with them drafting him, trading up to do so, and his having no gap discipline before being shipped out...then not passing his physical with IND.  Which made him go back to Buffalo.  Just a slug.

Yes good question on OJ, the overall lack of OJ on this site is interesting, seems like we'll talk about anything BUT OJ.   

5 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Huh?  This is the polar opposite of how I experienced Stevie.  I remember a 7th round pick that busted his ass to get on the field ahead of some considerably higher drafted guys, becoming the first Bill to post 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons, and then showed his Buffalo love by signing an extension to stay and to the best of my memory, never once complained about a thing.  Did he like to have his fun?  He did.  Why so serious OP?  Stevie was fun and good!

He was actually the highest drafted player in Gailey's first WR lineup.    The ONLY one actually.    Jones and Nelson were UDFA's.

As I said........Gailey made him........he gave him freedoms that really don't otherwise exist in the NFL......because the offense was SO untalented.

It was backyard football and he and Fitz put up some bulk numbers........but, I suppose predictably,  it wasn't really effective.........in 2012 he finished 18th in receiving yards but only 160th in catch % in an offense that wasn't exactly pushing it downfield and making high risk throws.

In his three 1,000 yard seasons his catch % never got out of the 50's.

He wasn't terribly interested in physical training either.........and at the end of his very brief run of success with Gailey he was constantly nagged with soft tissue injuries and that was pretty much it.   Pfft.

I know SJ was a hero to the "lost generation" of Bills fans.    Young people who knew only losing and had no real understanding of what to expect of a winning franchise and had come to accept some pretty low standards.    I blame the Bills organization for that.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

You should have asked this question right after the Bills made their first draft selection in 2018 and 3/4 of this board would have said........

JOSH ALLEN

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Also if we drafted Josh Rosen, we’d have a unanimous answer to this question. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Leodis. Too many memorable gaffes.

Poz. Always seemed injured and never became the impact player we would've like.

Gilmore. Nuff said.

Tyrod. He was not good yet had so much advocacy from players as being mistreated because he was, well, you know.... He got so much misdirected credit for the playoff berth when it was the D that carried that team along with Dalton and Boyd.😆 Any decent QB would have won that game against Jax. He was pathetic.