Bills players you disliked

I never truly hated any Bills player.  Flutie, Richie Incognito, Fred Smerlas were all major a-holes, but I can't say they didn't give us some great moments, and did all they could to help the Bills win...can't hate them for that.  But, not guys I would want to sit and drink beers with.

I have a hard time hating guys who under-achieve, or don't live up to their draft hype... most of them want to achieve, and live up to expectations but don't for whatever reason. A lot of those reasons are things that are out of their control.  

• Like (+1) 1

Sammy Watkins and Captain Dareus are two of my least favorite Bills of all time.  I couldnt stand Maybin either, but part of that blame goes to the Bills for overdrafting an entitled jerk who really wasn't a talented football player.   Watkins and Dareus make the list above him because they were entitled jerks who had all the talent in the world and wasted it.

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

I never truly hated any Bills player.  Flutie, Richie Incognito, Fred Smerlas were all major a-holes, but I can't say they didn't give us some great moments, and did all they could to help the Bills win...can't hate them for that.  But, not guys I would want to sit and drink beers with.

I have a hard time hating guys who under-achieve, or don't live up to their draft hype... most of them want to achieve, and live up to expectations but don't for whatever reason. A lot of those reasons are things that are out of their control.  

Yeah, this is a great question by @Royale with Cheese, but one I'm having a hard time answering.

I guess Maybin and McGahee were the closest to guys I didnt like while they were here.

Most of our other villains, I gave a pass because it wasnt their fault most were 1. over-drafted and 2. to a horribly managed organization.

43 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Wish we still had the confused reaction emoji for comments like this.

Dude was the epitome of "process." Worked his way up from 7th rounder to WR1, all the while having a personality and having fun. I'm willing to bet you're in the minority of Bills fans that find him to be a loser. 

He always seemed to be one of the few WRs in the league that actually gave Darrelle Revis fits. I can remember a few big games he had against him

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Zay Jones and his weird family. I was excited to see them go. He never put up a fight on the field and his mom's antics on Twitter were a distraction. He also has the distinction of being the only Bills player that has shown me his naked butt. Thanks for that Zay.

Agreed. It was his redeeming feature.

• Haha (+1) 1

Willis McGahee. I was a sophomore in high school when we drafted him. Thought he was going to be great but it was clear he didn’t like Buffalo and I guess in retrospect I couldn’t blame him. Ralph wasn’t serious one bit about winning so maybe he was right after all. 

Stephon Gilmore. I hated the pick when we made it, I thought he was a soft player. Looked like milli vanilli, like the guy spent hours in front of the mirror grooming himself every morning. When he went to New England my hate intensified.

Other than that, there’s not too many guys I disliked a whole lot.

Just now, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Kyle Orton begs to differ

Orton attempted the forward pass on occasion and stood in the pocket. 

Edwards last play as a Bill was running out of bounds 7 yards short of the marker on 4th down.  Didn't even try and throw it.  Wouldn't risk being touched in the field of play. 

• Like (+1) 2

Trentative Edwards, no doubt.  What a wuss, and the TSW delusion around here that he was ever good at any point was beyond ridiculous.  I dont know what was worse...watching him play or watching people foolishly try and make excuses for him and argue hes good...which at no point was he ever "good" on the field. 

Nathan Pickerman was a very close 2nd with similar delusion around here about him. 

Zay Jones would be my third.  I didn't have as much disdain for him as I did the others, but man I hated his pathetic on field effort and weak play.  He was soooooo soft on the field and mentally weak.  

Kelvin Benjamin would be my fourth choice.  He was so entitled, lazy, soft, and played with no heart.  I went from excited about him on the trade to counting the days until his fat behind was off this roster.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Doug Flutie.  I couldn't stand his attitude and I definitely enjoyed watching what a winner he was in San Diego without the Bills D carrying him.

Aaron Maybin. As someone said earlier,  this isn't entirely fair,  as it's not his fault that the Bills picked him where they did and ahead of Orakpo. 

Edited by Brandon
  • Agree 1

Jairus Byrd.  Quitter with the fake plantar fasciitis phantom undiagnosable injury, and thinking he was bigger than Buffalo anyway.   Got the impression that he wasnt signing here no matter how much $$

Keith McKeller (Tight End).  Personal.  Had relations with a female that I would have preferred he didnt.  Plus he sucked as a TE.  I was kinda like "of all the Bills you coulda picked, why THAT scrub?"

Jason Peters.  Dood, we raised you from an inept Tight End into a Pro-Bowl LT, and it was so obvious you wanted out, out, out.  I have never rooted for him since, and dont even like to see him.

Any Bills player who ever played for Miami after playing for us.  Thurman kinda gets a pass because of body of work, lifetime service, and hard to hate a man for trying to get a last paycheck to feather the retirement nest.  But that had better have been his ONLY offer.