Bills players you disliked

19 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Gilmore is generally a quiet guy and sometimes they aren’t well liked by fans who feel every player needs to have “personality”.  You can just take a look at the unfounded crap that gets slung at Tremaine Edmunds as an example.  Not saying that is your reason on Gilmore but it was for a lot of people.  I don’t like him now though.

I disliked Flutie the phony, Darius toward the end, and Aaron Maybinot which was probably unfair since he didn’t draft himself.

Agreed.  Introverted people like Gilmore can often be misinterpreted as arrogant or dispassionate.  I got the same vibe with Tyrod Taylor too.

As far as the great QB controversy.  I wasn't a fan of either Flutie or Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I forgot about Leodis McKelvin. It’s the only time in my life I believed someone could be too dumb to be on a football field. The funny part was we had coaches who were even dumber. He held on to kick/punt return duties far too long. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That wasn’t Whitner’s fault.  I am a lifelong Buckeyes fan and was still living in Ohio when the Bills drafted him.  I was like “What are they thinking?  Good player, but that high?  Crazy.”  Then we all watched the Browns GM, Phil Savage, hand Haloti Ngata to the Ravens and lost our collective 💩

Oh and F Kelvin Benjamin. 

You're not wrong, it's not Whitner's fault we made a bad decision. That doesn't change the fact that all I could think about was how awesome it would be to have Ngata in the trenches throughout the Whitner era...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

You're not wrong, it's not Whitner's fault we made a bad decision. That doesn't change the fact that all I could think about was how awesome it would be to have Ngata in the trenches throughout the Whitner era...

Fans have always held draft position & contract dollars against a player.  That has never really affected how I feel about a player - that's more a reflection of the front office. 

I always liked Whitner, Kelsay & a few others who fall under that category.

48 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Jairus Byrd & Stephon Gilmore were both unprofessional and quit on the team.

Unprofessional and quit on the team? Both of those guys were all business.

They were great and we didn't want to pay them, so they left. 

Not re-signing Jairus Byrd to a big contract was a great decision.

Not signing Stephon Gilmore to be the highest paid CB in the league was not a terrible decision either.

You can't compare them to guys like Dareus who took the money and ran or McGahee who said all Buffalo women are ugly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

SJ13

That guy was the ultimate anti-process, me-first Buffalo Bill loser.

Wish we still had the confused reaction emoji for comments like this.

Dude was the epitome of "process." Worked his way up from 7th rounder to WR1, all the while having a personality and having fun. I'm willing to bet you're in the minority of Bills fans that find him to be a loser. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

I do think we can all agree it’s Whitner’s fault that he tackled using his back. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Surprised no one has said OJ yet.  Then again, he hadn't, ahem, done anything felonious during his playing career (that I know of).

Couldn't stand John McCargo.  Probably had to do with them drafting him, trading up to do so, and his having no gap discipline before being shipped out...then not passing his physical with IND.  Which made him go back to Buffalo.  Just a slug.

I wasn't a big fan of the personalities of Lesean McCoy and also Stevie Johnson. McCoy was always pretty narcissistic, but I do think he was excellent and hard working on the football field. Johnson seemed pretty full of himself as well, and I didn't like the episode of blaming God when he dropped that pass.

But these are just minor things. I wish both guys well and aknowledge their contributions to the team, especially during tough years.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Maybin, Watkins, McGahee, Lynch, Dareus

Great list. Dareus was great until he got paid. Than he became fat and lazy. I hate McGahee the most for talking *hit about the City, even after us taking a huge gamble on him. Showed the exact kind of person that he is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Fans have always held draft position & contract dollars against a player.  That has never really affected how I feel about a player - that's more a reflection of the front office. 

I always liked Whitner, Kelsay & a few others who fall under that category.

Everyone watches sports differently, that's what's so great about them.

For me, as a Bills fan and someone who was going to classes WITH Haloti, watching him absolutely destroy triple teams on a weekly basis at Oregon, it was stupidity compounded upon stupidity compounded upon stupidity. 

Whitner could've been a Hall of Famer and I still would've held being picked over Haloti against him. 

• Like (+1) 1