What is going on with Malik Hooker? Any news of Bills' interest in him?

In the 2017 draft, I thought he was one of the "cant miss" prospects. But injuries are a bi*ch and Hooker has missed 28 games in 4 seasons - but when on the field, he has been quite stellar. Despite missing a couple of games in the 2019 season, he made the PFF "All Clutch" team recording a bunch of INTs and fumbles in the 4th quarter of one score games.

He is still unsigned.

There are two possible reasons (non-mutually exclusive) for that -

He has not yet fully recovered from his achilles injury and teams are wary of offering him a contract.

His demands are higher than teams' willingness to pay him.

Does anyone know which is the primary reason. Why is it "all quiet on the Hooker front"? I would like the Bills to take a flyer on him if it is the former (he can help us late next season when he recovers fully). Especially if Marlowe bolts.

There are tons of guys left sitting around not getting any interest from teams. This was the impact of the salary cap being lowered. Top guys were always gonna get paid. Mid guys are hit and miss. Lower tiered guys with injury concerns will be lucky to snag a deal after the draft 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You think they should pick up Hooker?

There's inherent risk in picking up Hooker but its an intriguing proposition nonetheless.  If the money is right for the term of services to be rendered we could fill a hole or two.  Beane should explore all options.  Kick it around a bit maybe put a cigarette out on it but just don't fall in love with Hooker.  And no kissing on the lips.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

There's inherent risk in picking up Hooker but its an intriguing proposition nonetheless.  If the money is right for the term of services to be rendered we could fill a hole or two.  Beane should explore all options.  Kick it around a bit maybe put a cigarette out on it but just don't fall in love with Hooker.  And no kissing on the lips.

I felt dirty just reading that

57 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

There are tons of guys left sitting around not getting any interest from teams. This was the impact of the salary cap being lowered. Top guys were always gonna get paid. Mid guys are hit and miss. Lower tiered guys with injury concerns will be lucky to snag a deal after the draft 

I feel like Lamp falls into the category you just described.

Extremely high on that player coming out of college.......then the devestating injury....then he actually has a good season last year as a starter but with all of the guys hanging out at the 7 11 looking for work like last year I completely forgot about him.

If you told me I was getting Lamp coming out of college I would be very excited.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1