Dean Marlowe visiting Lions (update - signed)

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

I was hoping they would retain him but with all the other guys they have retained I have no complaints.

Exactly right. If someone told me before FA the only three guys the Bills didn’t bring back was Roberts, Jefferson, and Marlowe I would have said, “I can live with that

I trust Beane and McD when it comes to safeties. McD knows how to coach them up. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

17 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

He was solid depth but easily replaceable IMO

I guess we'll find out.  I hope you're right.

28 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Exactly right. If someone told me before FA the only two guys the Bills didn’t bring back was Roberts, Jefferson, and Marlowe I would have said, “I can live with that

I trust Beane and McD when it comes to safeties. McD knows how to coach them up. 

Wait...Roberts, Jefferson, and Marlowe, isn't that 3 guys?  And since Q Jefferson was a cut, shouldn't you include Brown?

But I do take your point that if there's one position where the Bills seem to have good talent e v a l, it seems to be DB.

I think we've done well indeed as far as managing a tight cap situation with minimal cuts and renegotiations, and value-added low budget signings.

32 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Exactly right. If someone told me before FA the only THREE guys the Bills didn’t bring back WOULD BE Roberts, Jefferson, and Marlowe I would have said, “I can live with that".

FIXED IT FOR YA!😀

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

I feel like this is a foreign concept to us Bills fans, since we are so used to being the poachers rather than the poached. In fact, we should take it as a tip of that hat to our depth and player development that our reserves are being recognized and offered the chance to start on other teams. And, as other posters have mentioned, this may be Marlowe's shot to make a run at a good contract and a starting role. It's actually good for the Bills, the Lions, and for Marlowe. 

18 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

This is a bigger loss than you guys appear to think. We dont have an adequate backup for either Dr. Poyer or My. Hyde. Beane shd seriously consider Malik Hooker!

This is a case of overvaluing your own players. Dean Marlowe is not a big loss. I also think Hooker has too many injury concerns. Major injury concerns 

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wait...Roberts, Jefferson, and Marlowe, isn't that 3 guys?  And since Q Jefferson was a cut, shouldn't you include Brown?

But I do take your point that if there's one position where the Bills seem to have good talent e v a l, it seems to be DB.

I think we've done well indeed as far as managing a tight cap situation with minimal cuts and renegotiations, and value-added low budget signings.

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thank you both. Originally left out Jefferson, dang me for not proof reading it. 

22 hours ago, purple haze said:

Don’t know about that.  If he was easily replaceable he would have been replaced.  Bills have brought young safeties to camp every year.  He was never beat out.

Hes literally being replaced this off-season...

I think a lot of fans forget Siran Neal played safety in college and was drafted as a safety. Solid special teams guy but we’ve seen his speed on the field and he has some coverage skills. We are obviously adding more talent to the secondary but Neal and Johnson can fill in and play when needed along with their special teams duties. 

4 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Hes literally being replaced this off-season...

And you literally don’t know who that player is.  I never said he couldn’t be replaced.  I said I don’t know if it will be easy to replace him; meaning finding someone who will play at Marlowe’s same level because he played well for them in his role.

12 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

This is a bigger loss than you guys appear to think. We dont have an adequate backup for either Dr. Poyer or My. Hyde. Beane shd seriously consider Malik Hooker!

Mr johnson may have something to say about that 

• Like (+1) 1