Canada Vs USA- Vaccine Rollout

I have debated posting this but I am very curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

This is not about the virus but how our countries have handled the vaccine rollout. 

I want to applaud the USA and how your government has handled the rollout. I know the running joke is that some Americans are envious of the Canadian healthcare but today I say the opposite. I am envious of how Biden has taken hold of the vaccine issue and has made so much available so soon.

Currently in Canada, we are still only vaccinating those 60+ as opposed to the USA where I believe I saw that anyone 18+ who wants the vaccine can get it starting April 19th? That's mind boggling to me.

I live in Ontario and we just announced today our 3rd state of emergency and our 3rd stay at home order. This time for a minimum of 4 weeks.

Canada has roughly a population of 40 Million where I believe the USA has 10x that amount. It's amazing how far ahead you guys are and I am not ashamed to say I am jealous.

You guys need a new government, starting with the PM. Trudeau is a clown, he and his cronies  have attempted to set the country on a zero infection rate path. The economy and the pandemic were always intertwined. Good luck trying to recover from the situation he has created, I truly feel bad for many Canadians.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

You guys need a new government, starting with the PM. Trudeau is a clown, he and his cronies  have attempted to set the country on a zero infection rate path. The economy and the pandemic were always intertwined. Good luck trying to recover from the situation he has created, I truly fell bad for many Canadians.

Could not agree more. Its nothing short of embarrassing of how he had handled this.

Furthermore, he will not allow any areas to start vaccinating younger groups until everyone in the country in the set age group has been vaccinated 

Tick, tick, tick....Niagara Bill should be chiming in any second now. He has a comment on everything going on south of the Canadian border.  Let's see what he has to say about this one! In the meantime I'll follow my own rule and leave it to you guys to deal with your own issues.

5 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Could not agree more. Its nothing short of embarrassing of how he had handled this.

Furthermore, he will not allow any areas to start vaccinating younger groups until everyone in the country in the set age group has been vaccinated 

wait, what? 😂

4 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Yup. The area I live in has vaccinated all 60+ year Olds and has vaccines but they cannot start vaccinating anyone younger until the rest of the 60+ across the province and country have been vaccinated 

holy crap.  You must feel like you’re living in a South Park episode. (To be fair, I’ve felt that way a lot over the past 13 months too).

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I have debated posting this but I am very curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

This is not about the virus but how our countries have handled the vaccine rollout. 

I want to applaud the USA and how your government has handled the rollout. I know the running joke is that some Americans are envious of the Canadian healthcare but today I say the opposite. I am envious of how Biden has taken hold of the vaccine issue and has made so much available so soon.

Currently in Canada, we are still only vaccinating those 60+ as opposed to the USA where I believe I saw that anyone 18+ who wants the vaccine can get it starting April 19th? That's mind boggling to me.

I live in Ontario and we just announced today our 3rd state of emergency and our 3rd stay at home order. This time for a minimum of 4 weeks.

Canada has roughly a population of 40 Million where I believe the USA has 10x that amount. It's amazing how far ahead you guys are and I am not ashamed to say I am jealous.

I appreciate the honesty and I will state visiting Canada is always a treat but your healthcare is not better than what I receive and your govt has screwed the pooch on Covid. I have several people in my area who have family from Canada that flew down before Thanksgiving and are still here, going back sounds awful to them.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I appreciate the honesty and I will state visiting Canada is always a treat but your healthcare is not better than what I receive and your govt has screwed the pooch on Covid. I have several people in my area who have family from Canada that flew down before Thanksgiving and are still here, going back sounds awful to them.

For sure man. I agree 100% It's terrible.

USA is doing things right

7 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

You should be envious of Trump.  Biden merely inherited it.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I have literally zero sympathy for anyone who hasn't gotten the vaccine within the next month or two. We should be able to go back to completely normal, not forced to limit activities and wear masks to protect those who don't want to protect themselves by getting a vaccine. It makes no sense.

Fun fact: your life can go back to normal without a vaccine. And the fact is that we were forced to limit activities and wear masks by the elderly to protect the elderly. 

I'm sure most folks who don't get the vaccine couldn't give two ***** whether or not they're "protected" from COVID.

20 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Vaccination policy isn't at the federal level but at the provincial level (at least in Quebec) but it's nice to know that we're all following the same ***** policy.

On 4/7/2021 at 2:45 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

The age groups being vaccinated vary state by state, but Biden is pushing to move things along quickly.

The vaccine rollout you describe puzzles me because when they were developed, there was talk that Canada had ordered enough vaccine to vaccinate everyone 3 or 4x over.....did Canada just get stiffed on deliveries, or did it choose vaccine candidates that washed out/not wish to approve one that's available?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The age groups being vaccinated vary state by state, but Biden is pushing to move things along quickly.

The vaccine rollout you describe puzzles me because when they were developed, there was talk that Canada had ordered enough vaccine to vaccinate everyone 3 or 4x over.....did Canada just get stiffed on deliveries, or did it choose vaccine candidates that washed out/not wish to approve one that's available?

There was about a month when there was delays but its been brutal. We have 80M doses ordered but have only vaccinated about 6M people today.

We even had to get a loan of 1.5M doses from Biden

18 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Yup. The area I live in has vaccinated all 60+ year Olds and has vaccines but they cannot start vaccinating anyone younger until the rest of the 60+ across the province and country have been vaccinated 

Initially that's what was said would happen here in MO - that phases would go statewide, and later phases wouldn't open until earlier phases were jabbed across the whole state...but they walked that back.

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

There was about a month when there was delays but its been brutal. We have 80M doses ordered but have only vaccinated about 6M people today.

We even had to get a loan of 1.5M doses from Biden

So is Canada being stiffed on deliveries, or what's up with that?

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We’ve also been given plenty of AstraZeneca which has generated a lot of hesitation because of Europe’s regulators.