What habit have you ever broken?

Royale with Cheese

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

when I used to be a Coke Zero addict, I would always be searching out some cookies to go with it. It sort of feeds your sugar rush.

my wife went on a 40-day sugar fast, and really thought it was helpful. I have done “no desserts” for a week, and it really weans you off any cravings. 

Yeah, there is some research that says processed sugar is 8X more addictive than cocaine. I think that is a little exaggerated but who knows? Supposedly nearly all processed foods are pumped full of sugar.

13 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I had a pretty serious sex addiction.  It took marriage to break me of that.  Been clean and celibate for years now. 

Yeah... Now you have to solve the pathological liar addiction.  LoL... Always like with addictions.

😉😜

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 4/7/2021 at 3:05 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I quit masterbating.

For like 45 minutes one time.  That was pretty good for me 🤗

Reminds me of an old joke:

I went to my doctor last week and he told me that I had to stop master bating.

I asked him, “Why?”

He said, “Because I’m trying to examine you.“

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Haha (+1) 4

On 4/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Yeah, there is some research that says processed sugar is 8X more addictive than cocaine. I think that is a little exaggerated but who knows? Supposedly nearly all processed foods are pumped full of sugar.

That is why I drink sugar free with my cocaine.

17 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Taking Advice.  

I told you that would work out for you!!! 

EDIT: I recently learned our one and only stockbroker has taken a turn in life. The wife had been a professional tennis player, he was a handsome former athlete, himself. They lived in the nicest home in our neighborhood, then moved to a MUCH nicer neighborhood where their house on the lake included a tennis court and a hoops court along with a pool house probably as large as the home as the average poster here (formerly owned by a MLB pitcher). 

We quickly learned we could NOT afford to have him near our money. We cut ties early, and I’m glad we did. He had a 100% record for betting on losers. Somehow her family money disappeared and their family was crammed into a 2 bedroom rental apartment. I could go on and on with similar stories. 

Moral of the story: Live within your means. Be sure you can handle the worst case, and don’t count on the best case.  Above all, when you see others with “more”, don’t try to keep up. You be you, don’t be obsessed with others or keeping up. 

Rant ended! 

Edited by Augie

11 hours ago, Augie said:

I told you that would work out for you!!! 

EDIT: I recently learned our one and only stockbroker has taken a turn in life. The wife had been a professional tennis player, he was a handsome former athlete, himself. They lived in the nicest home in our neighborhood, then moved to a MUCH nicer neighborhood where their house on the lake included a tennis court on a hoops court along with a pool house probably as large as the home as the average poster here (formerly owned by a MLB pitcher). 

We quickly learned we could NOT afford to have him near our money. We cut ties early, and I’m glad we did. Somehow her family money disappeared and their family was crammed into a 2 bedroom rental apartment. I could go on and on with similar stories. 

Moral of the story: Live within your means. Be sure you can handle the worst case, and don’t count on the best case.  Above all, when you see others with “more”, don’t try to keep up. You be you, don’t be obsessed with others or keeping up. 

Rant ended! 

And don’t hire someone you refer to as “our stockbroker”. 😁

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

And don’t hire someone you refer to as “our stockbroker”. 😁

I thought it was an accurate description. He was going to buy stock until we went broke. 

A “financial advisor” would imply he’s giving advice, and a wise man once told us that following advice is a bad idea. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.