What habit have you ever broken?

Royale with Cheese

2 hours ago, UConn James said:

I developed a coke (big C) / soda habit during college. My teeth would really show it in cavities and my cousin, who was my dental hygienist was like... If you don’t stop I’m gonna kick you in the ass. Mostly cold-turkey for a couple of years, but losing the afternoon caffeine hit kinda hurt. It didn’t do anything to me at the time wrt weight gain (I’m 6’1” and was about 165 all the way through uni), but now it might. And it’s a rare treat or if someone in the fam is having an upset stomach / bloating; that’s actually what coke was first developed to treat.

I had a bad Coke Zero addiction. I didn’t drink a lot, but if I didn’t have an ice cold 20-ounce bottle at 3 pm every day, it would be trouble. 

I quit too, and now am instead addicted to sparkling water! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I had a bad Coke Zero addiction. I didn’t drink a lot, but if I didn’t have an ice cold 20-ounce bottle at 3 pm every day, it would be trouble. 

Careful.  I hear sparkling water is a gate way beverage.  Next thing you know you’ll be naked, covered in feces, and chugging a grape Fanta in an alley somewhere 😬

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Eating like crap during the work week...don't get me wrong I'll still eat like crap during the weekends but I have learned what a difference it makes if you can stay on track during the week even when you allow yourself to splurge during the weekend

LOL...working from home with wifey oversight has removed my guilty fast food work week pleasures. The one time I had to wear a pair of work pants in the past year they were actually looser than last time I wore them. 

I can't think of a habit I've broken but by and large I'm able to regulate my bad habits. 

• Like (+1) 1

Cigarette smoking, got a real bad flu one winter and had to stop. Still did some but got married and stopped. Dumped her too! lol. I'd say at worst 1-2 packs of Marlboros and that was the 80's. When I see the price in stores today I don't know how peeps can afford it. I was paying 10$ a carton now its 10$ a pack

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My wife had a Diet Mountain Dew in the afternoon thing for a while. She got a WICKED headache when she tried to get off of it. We know plenty about addiction difficulties from family and friends. This is a legit issue that should not be scoffed at. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife had a Diet Mountain Dew in the afternoon thing for a while. She got a WICKED headache when she tried to get off of it. We know plenty about addiction difficulties from family and friends. This is a legit issue that should not be scoffed at. 

I did the diet dew too, I moved to caffeinated tea and now on energy drinks. 

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Yep, I used to drink diet soda like a fiend. No more, the crazy thing is that diet sodas add weight to you. Don’t buy into the zero calerie b.s. as your body still acts like it is the full calorie sugar stuff.

My newest habit breaking trend is I am trying to get rid of as much sugar in what I eat as I can. Trying to go more with whole fruits and veggies. I am an old fart so eating junk just makes my gut bigger.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yep, I used to drink diet soda like a fiend. No more, the crazy thing is that diet sodas add weight to you. Don’t buy into the zero calerie b.s. as your body still acts like it is the full calorie sugar stuff.

My newest habit breaking trend is I am trying to get rid of as much sugar in what I eat as I can. Trying to go more with whole fruits and veggies. I am an old fart so eating junk just makes my gut bigger.

Its not fair.  In a perfect world, eating gut would make your junk bigger.

20 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I used to workout regularly and eat well and I quit that this past week.  It took a lot of will power but I have managed to drink, eat garbage, and stay up late watching TV every night this week.  One day at a time.  

You're an inspiration and a patriot to the rest of us.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

when I used to be a Coke Zero addict, I would always be searching out some cookies to go with it. It sort of feeds your sugar rush.

my wife went on a 40-day sugar fast, and really thought it was helpful. I have done “no desserts” for a week, and it really weans you off any cravings. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.