Bills sign G Forrest Lamp

Looks like: 1) Cody and Feliciano just got put  on notice that they aren’t that slam dunk secure 2) we aren’t so sure we need to draft a Guard this year in any of the first 3 rounds 3) maybe Beane is going all in on CB,DE, Nickel or RB in the early rounds so he keeps stocking the OL cupboard... 4) someone is getting traded after Camp 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

This made me laugh.  I guess it's true that the picks helped in the Diggs trade, but it's not like the Diggs trade wouldn't have happened if the Bills hadn't made the Teller trade.  

I don't think the Teller trade was a disaster or to use your word, a "fail," but it IS amusing the extent to which people will go to defend Beane.   I think Beane has been excellent, but nobody gets them all right.  If Beane had a chance to undo that one, I'm sure he would.  

Mickey Mantle struck out once in a while, and so does Beane.  

True that no one is perfect, but Beane is the best in the business, as voted on by his peers.

11 hours ago, Locomark said:

Looks like: 1) Cody and Feliciano just got put  on notice that they aren’t that slam dunk secure 2) we aren’t so sure we need to draft a Guard this year in any of the first 3 rounds 3) maybe Beane is going all in on CB,DE, Nickel or RB in the early rounds so he keeps stocking the OL cupboard... 4) someone is getting traded after Camp 

People get hurt and they want to push ford/boettger was the way i saw it.  

11 hours ago, Locomark said:

Good stuff.  Morse is on notice too.  Bates is getting prepped, and Feliciano played well there.

Bottom line is that Lamp gives McDermott what he wants - competition. 

• Agree 2

Good signing. Beane definitely likes the vet OL versus draft route, Cody Ford notwithstanding. Also agree they may work him at C in camp. 

Bad jokes aside, if BillsMafia can somehow make him work with some kind clap on, clap off thing, or "Alexa, lamp on," we could really have something. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Good signing. Beane definitely likes the vet OL versus draft route, Cody Ford notwithstanding. Also agree they may work him at C in camp. 

Bad jokes aside, if BillsMafia can somehow make him work with some kind clap on, clap off thing, or "Alexa, lamp on," we could really have something. 

Rub the lamp.......do it!

25PJ.gif 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/7/2021 at 11:19 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

Why do these vet minimum guys with a fair amount of NFL playing time keep signing here?  Beane basically returned his entire 53 man roster that went 13-3.  There’s gotta be other teams where they’d have a better shot at making the roster.  

Really? You’re gonna grumble about this?

obviously, 20 years of suckitude weren’t enough for you.🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Really? You’re gonna grumble about this?

obviously, 20 years of suckitude weren’t enough for you.🤦‍♂️

Not grumbling at all.  I like it.  Pleasantly surprised that guys with a lot of NFL experience are signing here for vet minimum deals when Beane is returning most of last years roster.  Bills must be developing a reputation as straight shooters and a place where you can get better.  

On 4/8/2021 at 12:33 AM, Locomark said:

As to being on notice, I don’t think Ford or Feliciano are being put on notice any more than what is usual for this FO/HC.

The FO is more so making certain that they have the needed talent at depth positions to last an entire season and postseason of nicks and dings, everyone is required to prove their metal every season on this team. I wouldn’t read anything more into it than that.  

Remember, who was not re-signed, Nseki, Winters,  etc, gotta have their replacements ready to go, and all the better when those replacements are a step better than those who were let go. 

Edited by Don Otreply