Bills sign G Forrest Lamp

41 minutes ago, H2o said:

I knew I remembered someone on here banging the table for Lamp. I couldn't remember if it was you, Bandit, or both. :thumbsup:

I wasn't banging the table but I definitely put my drink on it lol. Definitely a fan of this signingđź‘Ť.

4 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I wasn't banging the table but I definitely put my drink on it lol. Definitely a fan of this signingđź‘Ť.

I'd also like to add that the loser of the battle could possibly fetch a future 4-6th round pick for those who are into those types of things. Think of it as a little bit later comp pick you freaks.

Edited by TheBeaneBandit
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 4

This reminds me of the Quinton Spain signing.

A late in the offseason, low cost move that no one thinks much of, and then he winds up claiming a starting spot.

Not saying Lamp will end up a starter (though that RAS is titillating), but...

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I completely forgot Lamp was out there.....a quality player

I seriously think we are taking a corner at 30.....Beane is filling the OL up full of veterans

I realize Winters was trash....but Spencer Long was actually pretty good and showed it every time the bills put him on the field

Not really about how they perform its a strategy it seems when it comes to the OL. Cheap OL signings with potential. 

I wish they did it more at DL. Jordan Phillips was a great success. Vernon Butler and Trent Murphy were similar but they overpaid. 

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And there are reasons he hasn't been. Injuries and then when finally healthy last year stuck in an offense that really did not play to his strengths. The injuries may have taken their toll he may not still be the player he was but this is a no risk deal for the Bills. If he retains his old ability in a more suitable scheme and fully healthy he could have a role to play.

Any idea why the Chargers didn't re-sign him? It seems odd that they would let a guy who was their starting Guard last season walk on a one year deal. Do they already have a replacement in house?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

This reminds me of the Quinton Spain signing.

A late in the offseason, low cost move that no one thinks much of, and then he winds up claiming a starting spot.

Not saying Lamp will end up a starter (though that RAS is titillating), but...

Everyone knew Spain was starting when signed. This is more along the lines of Spencer Long and Brian Winters. 

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Any idea why the Chargers didn't re-sign him? It seems odd that they would let a guy who was their starting Guard last season walk on a one year deal. Do they already have a replacement in house?

He was pretty bad. 

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And there are reasons he hasn't been. Injuries and then when finally healthy last year stuck in an offense that really did not play to his strengths. The injuries may have taken their toll he may not still be the player he was but this is a no risk deal for the Bills. If he retains his old ability in a more suitable scheme and fully healthy he could have a role to play.

So you're saying he is Fra-Gee-Lay?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think we're looking at a DB in Round 1.  We're probably drafting 2 or 3 DBs honestly and I'd be good with it.

2 DLs.  Throw in another o linemen, a WR, and I'm good.  

I'm thinking that's the odds on favorite myself.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Brian Winters and Spencer Long type move. Underperforming interior player with potential. 

Hopefully he is a lot better then Winters who I thought was garbage.  Long showed some game but his contract was too rich to stay around too long.  Resigning Darryl Williams and Feliciano, and now signing Lamp Douglas and Hart as veteran competition, I don't see the need to draft any O lineman.  Lets go defense and possibly RB TE and WR in the draft.  Beane loves his veteran O lineman.  He is an awesome GM.

35 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If Feliciano has to play Center, he is a capable backup at Guard; he could push Ike for a job.  

Our oline depth is very very solid.   

Please Lord keep them all healthy.   

I think we're looking at a DB in Round 1.  We're probably drafting 2 or 3 DBs honestly and I'd be good with it.

2 DLs.  Throw in another o linemen, a WR, and I'm good.  

Not disagreeing with you because I think you could be right,  but we need an impact pass rusher BAD...  it the one position we don't have that we have to have still. And no I don't think Watt was that guy either. 

2 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Hopefully he is a lot better then Winters who I thought was garbage.  Long showed some game but his contract was too rich to stay around too long.  Resigning Darryl Williams and Feliciano, and now signing Lamp Douglas and Hart as veteran competition, I don't see the need to draft any O lineman.  Lets go defense and possibly RB TE and WR in the draft.  Beane loves his veteran O lineman.  He is an awesome GM.

He does. He seems to be much more of a vet > draft pick guy at OL.

1 minute ago, gordong said:

Not disagreeing with you because I think you could be right,  but we need an impact pass rusher BAD...  it the one position we don't have that we have to have still. And no I don't think Watt was that guy either. 

Clowney is still out there..... make it happen Beane (Just putting it here so nobody else has to)

23 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Not sure if their blocking scheme changed at all with coaching shift but that could be a reason. He’s a zone-based fit which is what the Bills appear to be moving toward. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

With all the OL signings a lot of Competition and assets that could be moved for picks instead of outright cuts near end of camp. There are many talented OL ok this team that came get a 5th or below at end of camp instead of cut. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Why do these vet minimum guys with a fair amount of NFL playing time keep signing here?  Beane basically returned his entire 53 man roster that went 13-3.  There’s gotta be other teams where they’d have a better shot at making the roster.  

People want to play for winners. And Beane and McD will start the players that earn it. These players see that and know they will have a clean slate shot to win a job. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

What makes our offense more suitable compared to what the Chargers ran?

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

People want to play for winners. And Beane and McD will start the players that earn it. These players see that and know they will have a clean slate shot to win a job. 

I guess, but you’d think these vet minimum guys number 1 priority would be going to a place they can make the 53 man roster and get their $900k base guaranteed.