Bills sign G Forrest Lamp

While a few of our division rivals are having a wave-your-arms, "look at me!" kind of offseason, Beane is quietly adding impact players and depth to an already great team.

Gotta love it.  How the turntables, and all that.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Pete said:

any info on his abilities and expectations? 37th pick overall

He was a really smooth mover in college. Played mainly tackle as I recall at Western Kentucky but lacks a bit of arm length that was always seen as a drawback to play tackle at the NFL level and he was seen as a guard or even possibly a center (similar to our own Mitch Morse who was a mobile college tackle who lacked NFL length). Better pass blocker than run blocker, really good feet, good adjuster when a rusher lands the first blow, and a really polished technician who doesn't get grabby. What he is not is a guy you can line up and pound the ball behind which is not the Bills game anyway.

Just now, Bangarang said:

All jokes aside, I liked Lamp coming out of college. Thought he would be a good pro.

And there are reasons he hasn't been. Injuries and then when finally healthy last year stuck in an offense that really did not play to his strengths. The injuries may have taken their toll he may not still be the player he was but this is a no risk deal for the Bills. If he retains his old ability in a more suitable scheme and fully healthy he could have a role to play.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And there are reasons he hasn't been. Injuries and then when finally healthy last year stuck in an offense that really did not play to his strengths. The injuries may have taken their toll he may not still be the player he was but this is a no risk deal for the Bills. If he retains his old ability in a more suitable scheme and fully healthy he could have a role to play.

Spencer Long and Brian Winters. I think there is a pattern forming though. Bills are trying to hit gold with these offensive lineman. 

I wish they used the same approach to the DL. Jordan Phillips worked well. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah, he'll have to stay healthy to have a shot. As the cliche goes, the best ability is availability. That said, a low risk/high reward move by Beane.

I completely forgot Lamp was out there.....a quality player

I seriously think we are taking a corner at 30.....Beane is filling the OL up full of veterans

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Spencer Long and Brian Winters. I think there is a pattern forming though. Bills are trying to hit gold with these offensive lineman. 

I wish they used the same approach to the DL. 

I realize Winters was trash....but Spencer Long was actually pretty good and showed it every time the bills put him on the field

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

any info on his abilities and expectations? 37th pick overall

If Feliciano has to play Center, he is a capable backup at Guard; he could push Ike for a job.  

Our oline depth is very very solid.   

Please Lord keep them all healthy.   

I think we're looking at a DB in Round 1.  We're probably drafting 2 or 3 DBs honestly and I'd be good with it.

2 DLs.  Throw in another o linemen, a WR, and I'm good.