Josh Allen on 10 Questions with Kyle Brandt TOMORROW

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why do you respect him for answering? 

Are you saying you wouldn't respect him if chose not to answer? 

I'd have no opinion if he chose not to answer.  He did answer, and I respect what he said... especially since the critical reaction from some is to be expected on this topic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Ugh why did he have to ask him about vaccines? I thought this was supposed to be a fun interview. Not everybody needs to have an opinion on everything. I get the sense that Allen just wants to keep his mouth shut and play football and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ugh why did he have to ask him about vaccines? I thought this was supposed to be a fun interview. Not everybody needs to have an opinion on everything. I get the sense that Allen just wants to keep his mouth shut and play football and there's nothing wrong with that.

I agree, he seems to do a good job both being sensitive to the experiences of his teammates (like when he said last summer that he'd never had the experience of being pulled over by police and fearing for his life and he thought that was horrible) but overall just trying to stay out of politics and social controversy. 

But while I think his intent was to come across as neutral, he stepped into it a bit there when he started off on the "constitutional" stuff.  If he'd stopped with "no I have not, and I need to do more research on it" that woulda been better - after all, he's not even eligible to be vaccinated in Cali until 15 April, so if he said he was vaxx'd that woulda been controversial too.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where?  It can't be surrounding Josh's personal account, he pretty much leaves that to his PR team as far as I can tell.

Not his own account, I mean Western NY reporters and media. 

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Agreed. It really sank what was supposed to be a fun interview, and some light entertainment this deep in the offseason. No matter how he answered, it was a bad question for the time.

I also agree that he was most likely trying to give the most neautral, politically correct answer he could come up with. But that wasnt the right one if he wanted to shut the question down.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree, he seems to do a good job both being sensitive to the experiences of his teammates (like when he said last summer that he'd never had the experience of being pulled over by police and fearing for his life and he thought that was horrible) but overall just trying to stay out of politics and social controversy. 

But while I think his intent was to come across as neutral, he stepped into it a bit there when he started off on the "constitutional" stuff.  If he'd stopped with "no I have not, and I need to do more research on it" that woulda been better - after all, he's not even eligible to be vaccinated until 15 April.

And CA wasnt going to open restrictions until May 1.

His answer could simply be based in the fact that he isnt eligible yet, and therefore hasnt even had a chance to "make a choice". And didnt want to sound like he was going to skip any lines or anything.

Bummer that this is the big takeaway from the interview. Oh well.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, Lord.  I guess I'll look....I probably shouldn't.

So far it doesn't seem too bad to me

Some people praising what he said, some saying they're disappointed and citing studies, both fair takes IMHO.

Parrino's coverage is absolutely neutral on it, just what he said, for those who didn't catch it all and would like to work from what was said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/04/bills-josh-allen-debating-whether-to-get-covid-vaccine.html

Couple of #######s in Parrino's twitter thread about it.

I haven’t listened yet but the discussion surrounding his vaccine response sounds so petty and lame. 

Based on what was quoted, it doesn’t seem like Josh said anything wild or crazy so who the hell cares? Peak offseason drama.

Nobody is going to remember or care in September when he’s torching defenses 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That's unfortunate. I decided to ignore science and the words of doctors all over the world and was going to decide on whether I get the vaccine by what Josh Allen said. Sucks that he didn't give a straight answer.

Let us know when you know, Josh. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 4
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I like this one:

I’m confident that if he means what he says about being a “big statistics and logic guy”, he will get vaccinated.

and who knows, maybe this answer will eventually end up helping more skeptical people choose to get vaccinated.

If Allen (eventually) says he looked at all the statistics and chose to get vaccinated, maybe it’ll influence more skeptics to get the vaccine too.

overall i don’t really have any issue with his answer.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This was so good. I hate Justin Bieber. Me listening to josh break down Bieber music:

Brad Pitt Yes GIF by PBS SoCal

Justin Bieber's new music is fire and I will not tolerate this slander.

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Having this kid as our qb makes the whole drought worth it. 

Personally, I wouldn’t go that far. To me, NOTHING is ‘worth a generation of suckitude’. 

But im thrilled he’s our QB!

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The problem is (and this is a self-inflicted wound, due in large part to poor public health messaging), from a public health viewpoint, there is no "neutral".  We can not achieve herd immunity individually.  It takes all of us.  Josh's decision (or yours) impacts me and mine.

As a Bills fan, there's nothing I want less than to see key Bills players suffer Myles Garrett-like persistant pulmonary effects, Cam Newton like "covid fog", or Tommy Sweeney-like cardiomyopathy, so "neutral" doesn't work for me personally as a fan.  Get the Jab, Josh!

Ruh Row..

6DB22469-CB01-41A7-8895-473739BCEC6A.jpeg

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Personally, I wouldn’t go that far. To me, NOTHING is ‘worth a generation of suckitude’. 

But im thrilled he’s our QB!

Ruh Row..

6DB22469-CB01-41A7-8895-473739BCEC6A.jpeg

we’ll see.  If we can be a perennial playoff team / Super Bowl contender for the next decade-plus, I’ll say it was worth it for sure

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Justin Bieber's new music is fire and I will not tolerate this slander.

Now we're getting into the REAL meat of the interview.

I can't believe that Josh successfully defended "Yummy" and "Backpack" as "not bad songs" and Kyle Brandt gave him a point for it.

That should be highly controversial IMHO and Brandt should take a LOT of flack for that decision.

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now we're getting into the REAL meat of the interview.

I can't believe that Josh successfully defended "Yummy" and "Backpack" as "not bad songs" and Kyle Brandt gave him a point for it.

That should be highly controversial IMHO and Brandt should take a LOT of flack for that decision.

Yummy actually has a really deep meaning, but yes... I agree ha.  His new album "Justice" was done with  a guy I went to high school with named Jon Bellion, so even if it wasn't any good, i'd lie and say it was... luckily the album is a banger.  Also, the Easter EP he dropped.... great stuff.