2021 Game Attendance

chaccof

1 hour ago, jlgarsh said:

They did that despite warnings that it was a terrible idea. I'm pretty sure after their opening series, they're going back to reduced capacity. 

Unless there's some massive breakout traced back to those games, I dunno why they would. We should be hoping everything goes well, it will show the tangible progress that's been made since last year.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Unless there's some massive breakout traced back to those games, I dunno why they would. We should be hoping everything goes well, it will show the tangible progress that's been made since last year.

I'm all for as many fans in the stands as possible, and think by the time the season starts, we'll be there as a nation. That doesn't mean that having 38,000 together right now is a good idea. That's all I was trying to say. If 3m people keep going per day until we get to 70-75%, we should get there even sooner. I'd love to go to a game this season!

On 4/7/2021 at 5:17 PM, PolishDave said:

Bills should just make it a policy now that fans will be required to provide proof of vaccination in order to attend a game.    Let the season ticket holders provide proof now well before the season starts.    Let season ticket holders who do not intend to get vaccinated the option to release their seats for the year similar to last year.   If they opt out, they opt out for the entire season including playoffs.     

Bills should also make it policy that all staff (at every level) working at the stadium provide proof of vaccination as part of the hiring process.   

Under those conditions fans, players and employees can attend the games with the least amount of concern regarding (pandemic related) health.    It minimizes the risk for everyone involved.    Seems like a no brainer to me.

If you have been vaccinated why is this important?

Check this site out for a real time read on vaccination numbers!  You can see what's happening for the whole country and each individual state.  Nice graphs to.  At the rate we're going it's possible we'll be at full herd immunity by July 4.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/01/28/960901166/how-is-the-covid-19-vaccination-campaign-going-in-your-state

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If you have been vaccinated why is this important?

I’m not guessing, and I’m not judging you. I’m not for or against what you are saying. I’m just asking: are we not all tired of this? I’m going to hope for the best, wait and see what happens and pray we get to go to games. 

The unknown is a very difficult thing to deal with. Time will tell, and I’ll remain hopeful. Please don’t respond with why any argument is right or wrong. We still don’t know, but come fall we will know what the deal is in the fall. . 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/8/2021 at 10:39 PM, Augie said:

I’m not guessing, and I’m not judging you. I’m not for or against what you are saying. I’m just asking: are we not all tired of this? I’m going to hope for the best, wait and see what happens and pray we get to go to games. 

The unknown is a very difficult thing to deal with. Time will tell, and I’ll remain hopeful. Please don’t respond with why any argument is right or wrong. We still don’t know, but come fall we will know what the deal is in the fall. . 

Poloncarz came out yesterday & said there will be full fans at the Bills games this fall but any fan attending will need to be fully vaccinated.  My only question is what happens if you got season tickets with your 10 year old son and they are not eligible for vaccination yet?  My guess is they will do waiver/exception for any kid but he didnt refer to that.  

• Like (+1) 2

Got my second dose on Monday, pumped to buy some individual tickets when they go on sale hopefully soon.  

Going to bring my dad to a game this fall, just gotta figure out which game we want to go to.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

Poloncarz came out yesterday & said there will be full fans at the Bills games this fall but any fan attending will need to be fully vaccinated.  My only question is what happens if you got season tickets with your 10 year old son and they are not eligible for vaccination yet?  My guess is they will do waiver/exception for any kid but he didnt refer to that.  

I hate this. What about if you have already had the virus, are fully recovered and already have natural immunity and do not want the jab because of the side effects it has on people who already have a lot of antibodies in their system?

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I hate this. What about if you have already had the virus, are fully recovered and already have natural immunity and do not want the jab because of the side effects it has on people who already have a lot of antibodies in their system?

This has been discussed ad naseum here and elsewhere. The antibodies produced by your body due to C19 infection may be short-lived. There is good science behind the recommendation for those previously infected to receive the vaccine. I am unaware of any serious side effects from the mRNA or J&J vaccines and not including the AZ vaccine. Post the evidence you have for any serious side effects. Minor side effects are well known and over within 24-48 hrs.

8 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

This has been discussed ad naseum here and elsewhere. The antibodies produced by your body due to C19 infection may be short-lived. There is good science behind the recommendation for those previously infected to receive the vaccine. I am unaware of any serious side effects from the mRNA or J&J vaccines and not including the AZ vaccine. Post the evidence you have for any serious side effects. Minor side effects are well known and over within 24-48 hrs.

My sister in laws doctor straight up told her that he has some concern over her potentially getting the vaccine, given she's had COVID twice and has had lingering effects throughout - including to this day.  

She was likely never going to get it anyway, but this was straight from her doctor when she asked his thoughts on it for her. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Then why did you add to the ad naseum by answering again? 

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Then why did you add to the ad naseum by answering again? 

Very surprised that people would be unaware. Should have left the ‘ad nauseam’ out.

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

My sister in laws doctor straight up told her that he has some concern over her potentially getting the vaccine, given she's had COVID twice and has had lingering effects throughout - including to this day.  

She was likely never going to get it anyway, but this was straight from her doctor when she asked his thoughts on it for her. 

Was the physician’s opinion that getting C19 again (e.g., 3rd time via another strain) would be preferable to a vaccine? Or was this an educated opinion that having C19 twice (and subsequent antibodies) would most likely protect against another C19 infection?

1 minute ago, Mr Info said:

Was the physician’s opinion that getting C19 again (e.g., 3rd time via another strain) would be preferable to a vaccine? Or was this an educated opinion that having C19 twice (and subsequent antibodies) would most likely protect against another C19 infection?

Her doctor is worried about the amount of virus that she has been exposed to in relation to getting a vaccine on top of that - especially given that she has dealt with lingering effects (nothing serious but still noticeable) since the first time she got it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/rare-blood-clots-tied-to-j-js-covid-19-shot-are-similar-to-issues-with-astrazenecas-vaccine-fda-official-says-11618350086

Primarily in 18-48 year old women.  Rare, but people have died.  Made sure my 18 year old daughter got mRNA (Pfizer).  Told her to refuse the J&J if offered.  At her age and gender, the relative "rarity" of the side effect isn't worth it compared to Covid IMO.  Definitely thankful for the mRNA vaccines.

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yeah, I don't know how they'll handle these types of situations.  My neighbor is in a similar situation.

But, I think the greater point of the vaccine requirement is they worry about liability for/from the unvaccinated.  While the mRNA vaccines have amazing efficacy it is not 100%.  Bills/Erie county want to say they took every reasonable precaution but not get dragged down into excessive logistics (Covid tests, distancing, etc).

8 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

My brother's doctor told him the same thing in Jan. He was infected in April, and told him as of January his antibody count was too high (and high enough to prevent re-infection) and he would have side effects and that he should not get the jab. Everyone that I personally know that has had the virus and then went and took their jab got really sick, most notably from the second jab. Everyone that has not had the virus and got their jab was totally fine, with little to no side effects.

It is quite simple. If you have already had the common flu, would your doctor then tell you to get the flu vaccine? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

It is quite simple. If you have already had the common flu, would your doctor then tell you to get the flu vaccine? 

It may not be that simple regarding the flu and that analogy may not be comparable. 
The seasonal influenza (flu) vaccine is designed by the CDC to protect against the three or four influenza viruses that research indicates are most likely to spread and cause illness among people during the upcoming flu season. The viruses selected may be accurate...or not. The C19 vaccines were developed specifically for that virus.

I was neg for any C19 test yet I had a mild side effect (slight fever) after the 2nd shot. But that is somewhat common & understood why that occurs. But my perspective is similar to why I receive the annual flu shot. I would rather be protected (with possible minor side effects) than have the virus where more serious or lengthy consequences may occur.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Welp i can show u the vaccination card record i have that is on card stock im sure thousands of people will catch on that it can be made on any double sided printer.  Not that i recommend it but its stupid easy to replicate and im sure im not the only one that realizes the lack of security features on the card.

• Awesome! (+1) 1