2021 Game Attendance

chaccof

Has the team said how many fans will be allowed for home games this coming season?  I swear, I searched the site to the best of my technical ability and didn't see it so apologize in advance if this has already  been covered.  Asking  because I have to be in WNY this fall and would like to try to get to a game.  

FYI it all up to the government aka Cuomo and he may be in jail by then so, the short answer is its up to the feds and state government.

If all goes well with the vaccines and we wave at the crystal ball maybe full attendance but that may be a pipe dream.

Keeping positive 

Edited by scuba guy
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

From everything I've seen, as of now they're planning on full attendance. I suspect they'll stay there until they find out otherwise.

That was my understanding as well, per the league. What state and local authorities decide, who knows? But it seems the shots are flowing! 

The wife is planning to attend the home opener with son and new DIL (and me if I promise to behave). I don’t know how she does it, but she generally gets her way! She’s never even been to a game in WNY, but she doesn’t let that kinda stuff slow her down. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

FYI it all up to the government aka Cuomo and he may be in jail by then so, the short answer is its up to the feds and state government.

If all goes well with the vaccines and we wave at the crystal ball maybe full attendance but that may be a pipe dream.

Keeping positive 

And thats the kind of answer that will get this thread shut down.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Keeping positive 

shouldn’t be any “maybe” about it, but..... ya know.

Already, 70% of Erie County residents aged 65 and over have been fully vaccinated.

it to answer your question, OP, there hasn’t been a peep from the Bills besides the generic “oh, we jope we can welcome everyone back for the 2021 season!” stuff.  A lot of musical acts are already pushing their tours off until 2022, but that’s kind of apples and oranges (a lot of the shows take place in states that are a little more... umm... restrictive and it’s not financially feasible to just avoid those states altogether I guess).

They’ll likely wait til the last possible moment to make the dreaded “reduced capacity” announcement if it comes to that.

8 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Keeping positive 

Texas Rangers just had 38000 for their home opener. People are whining about it, as expected, but if they are doing that now, I have to imagine full capacity for everyone is perfectly achievable by the start of the season.

35 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

With the way vaccinations are rolling out nation wide I am hopeful we will be full go by September.  

Now comes the hard part in convincing younger people to get it as polls show they're the least likely to get it.  Especially in the 18-29 range.

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

When the hell is the schedule coming out?

Sometime in the middle of May.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, chaccof said:

Has the team said how many fans will be allowed for home games this coming season?  I swear, I searched the site to the best of my technical ability and didn't see it so apologize in advance if this has already  been covered.  Asking  because I have to be in WNY this fall and would like to try to get to a game.  

it’s april man. When we know you’ll know trust me.

Goodell went on record he expects full attendance.  I’m not sure how he can make that statement when the states make those decisions.  I just had my vaccine yesterday, and in FL they lowered the age to 16.  As it pertains to football, we can only hope things are good enough that we can have relatively full stadiums.

• Like (+1) 2