Anybody See The Red Sox Uniform's They Are Wearing Patriots Day Weekend?

Irv

23 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

City full of obnoxious massholes who got far too many championships across all sports. Most of which are rivals to more local teams (Pats vs Bills, Bruins vs Sabres, Red Sox vs Yanks). Worst fans in all the leagues.

And that is just on the sports front.

Not to mention literally the most obnoxious accent in history (which ties in to sports, listening to Red Sox radio makes me want to pour cement in my ears).

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Not to mention literally the most obnoxious accent in history (which ties in to sports, listening to Red Sox radio makes me want to pour cement in my ears).

what's more annoying about the accent is that two people can grow up on the same street, and one person will have it, and the other won't.

4 hours ago, teef said:

what's more annoying about the accent is that two people can grow up on the same street, and one person will have it, and the other won't.

Dude - I have twins and live outside Boston - my daughter has no accent, my son sounds like  character out The Departed - craziest thing ever (or evah, as my son would say)......

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Dude - I have twins and live outside Boston - my daughter has no accent, my son sounds like  character out The Departed - craziest thing ever (or evah, as my son would say)......

I'm sorry for your loss.

On 4/8/2021 at 9:59 AM, LeviF91 said:

On 4/8/2021 at 11:02 AM, teef said:

If you ever pour cement in your ears, @LeviF91, I'm pretty sure @teef would be happy to "clean them."

On 4/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, The Avenger said:

this is outstanding.

one of my best friends is from westford.  he had a little bit of the accent, but it really only came out after a few drinks.  when his friends would come to visit, it always came out a bit more.  the most entertaining thing was when his parents came to hang out.  if they heard that accent after he had a few drinks, he would get the dirtiest looks from them.  they tried amazingly hard to beat it out of him.  

38 minutes ago, teef said:

this is outstanding.

one of my best friends is from westford.  he had a little bit of the accent, but it really only came out after a few drinks.  when his friends would come to visit, it always came out a bit more.  the most entertaining thing was when his parents came to hang out.  if they heard that accent after he had a few drinks, he would get the dirtiest looks from them.  they tried amazingly hard to beat it out of him.  

Yep - I'm 1 town over from Westford.

We still can't figure it out - kids grew up in the same family, same/similar teachers, etc. and my son doesn't hang out or have mentors with strong accents - he just says some words with a strong Boston accent that his sister does not have - always thought it would be a great study in language development.

I have known people from Boston that you would never knew grew up here until they had some drinks - then suddenly you could barely understand them - funniest thing to hang out and see it happen....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.