Georgia election laws and MLB

23 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The obvious answer is yes.  You’re OK with stifling minority vote in Georgia, I’m not.  Don’t like the nickname Chef Jim Crow?  Then don’t support laws that harken to the era of Jim Crow.  It’s a pretty simple deal. 

So this law ONLY hurts black people?  This law was designed to hurt only black people??  Can you please explain how this law, like Jim Crow,  only affects black people.  No one else has been able to do this so far whenever I've asked.  Let's see if our favorite counselor can articulate it.  I'll wait. 

To equate this to Jim Crow downplays the true Jim Crow laws.  Biden appears to be senile.  What's your excuse? 

• Like (+1) 1

Being honest................yes, that is probably the most logical explanation.

Fortunately Biden's credibility is unaffected. 😎

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

So this law ONLY hurts black people?  This law was designed to hurt only black people??  Can you please explain how this law, like Jim Crow,  only affects black people.  No one else has been able to do this so far whenever I've asked.  Let's see if our favorite counselor can articulate it.  I'll wait. 

To equate this to Jim Crow downplays the true Jim Crow laws.  Biden appears to be senile.  What's your excuse? 

Let's not change the subject here.  I didn't wake up today and say, "I want to give this weird rando on the Internet an incredibly catchy and hilarious nickname."  That's not what happened.  You made me do this.  You made me name you Chef Jim Crow. That's on you. 

And, to prove the point about your Crowy behavior, the test isn't "only" affects minorities. It's principally affects minorities, or primarily affects minorities, or is targeted at minorities.  Kind of like the provision defeating line warmers.  Or the part about vesting more power in state election officials.  Or the part about limiting remote voting (without basis, I might add)---something in which African-Americans are far more likely to participate. 

So you have fun doing your Crow thing tonight and reminiscing about the good old days of hoaxes and hydoxychloroquine, and I'll focus on making this country more democratic and honest.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Rule #2, please.  I’d like to see the polls (plural).  

I know you won't understand because it takes comprehension without being told by a media mouth piece, but the fact that the MLB website is not mentioning what they did means they know they screwed up. If what they did was actually popular they would trumpeting for all to see. Truly if it was even 50/50 they would be trying to explain their viewpoint, but it is hard to argue your revulsion to the law if you never actually read before reacting.

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Let's not change the subject here.  I didn't wake up today and say, "I want to give this weird rando on the Internet an incredibly catchy and hilarious nickname."  That's not what happened.  You made me do this.  You made me name you Chef Jim Crow. That's on you. 

And, to prove the point about your Crowy behavior, the test isn't "only" affects minorities. It's principally affects minorities, or primarily affects minorities, or is targeted at minorities.  Kind of like the provision defeating line warmers.  Or the part about vesting more power in state election officials.  Or the part about limiting remote voting (without basis, I might add)---something in which African-Americans are far more likely to participate. 

So you have fun doing your Crow thing tonight and reminiscing about the good old days of hoaxes and hydoxychloroquine, and I'll focus on making this country more democratic and honest.  

It targets minorities?  Out of all those words those are the two I've been railing against since the beginning. Sorry you've not been able to understand that.  I suggest you, and Joe, read up on Jim Crow and what that was really all about before you equate this Bill to that horrible mess.  And go ahead.  Call me racist.  I don't care.  You don't know me.  You don't have any clue about how I feel about different people.  How I've interacted with them. The first hand racism I witnessed growing up and how those things have stuck with me for 50 years.  If it makes you feel better to accuse someone of these things you've never met have at it.  

57 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It targets minorities?  Out of all those words those are the two I've been railing against since the beginning. Sorry you've not been able to understand that.  I suggest you, and Joe, read up on Jim Crow and what that was really all about before you equate this Bill to that horrible mess.  And go ahead.  Call me racist.  I don't care.  You don't know me.  You don't have any clue about how I feel about different people.  How I've interacted with them. The first hand racism I witnessed growing up and how those things have stuck with me for 50 years.  If it makes you feel better to accuse someone of these things you've never met have at it.  

Apparently lots of black people a) have no ID whatsoever and b) are so busy (doing who knows what considering you need ID to work) that they can't be bothered to go get a free voter ID card, yet somehow manage to make it to the polls every Election day.  I'm surprised Dems haven't proposed going to their houses to collect their votes because, goodness forbid if they have to expend even an ounce of energy to do something so important that we can't have any restrictions on it.

No, they know what they're doing.  So they play the tired race card.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You’re the only one who brought out the word racist.  Just you.  It’s nice that you see yourself as empathetic.  I hope it’s true.  But if it is, it makes your stance with respect to this Georgia nonsense that much more curious.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Apparently lots of black people a) have no ID whatsoever and b) are so busy (doing who knows what considering you need ID to work) that they can't be bothered to go get a free voter ID card, yet somehow manage to make it to the polls every Election day.  I'm surprised Dems haven't proposed going to their houses to collect their votes because, goodness forbid if they have to expend even an ounce of energy to do something so important that we can't have any restrictions on it.

No, they know what they're doing.  So they play the tired race card.

What problem does this Georgia law address? 

• Like (+1) 1

Reaction to this law appears to have offended woke left whites. It's condescending and stupid to come out and say minorities don't already have IDs. You're aware that it's actually condescending and racist to presume that this fictionally "targeted" group of minority people without IDs are so incompetent that they couldn't easily get on, right? You know what happens if they pass a law requiring IDs? People who want to vote go get an ID. Before anyone calls me racist, I'd like to note that I am a minority myself.

Is it racist that we require a drivers' license for people to drive? No. Similarly it is not racist to ask people who want to exercise their civic duty of voting to exercise the bare minimum effort of getting an ID so we can be sure that everyone's vote is counted accurately and fairly. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

President Biden Was Hit By His Own Pitch and His Major League Screwup May Now Affect Another Sporting Enterprise

It has become increasingly clear the White House has realized they have severely overplayed their hand in the response to the Georgia voting law recently signed by Governor Brian Kemp. For weeks the President has likened the new voting rules in place to be akin to the most pernicious racist laws we have seen in this country. This kind of divisive and intolerant language from The Great Uniter has inspired corporations to behave like collegian activists, and now the administration is seeing themselves forced into a gold-medal fiasco-in-the-making.

Following Biden’s insistence to describe the race-free language in the Georgia law as ‘’Jim Crow on Steroids’’ the administration faces a reality of impacting black businesses it has relied upon for support.

The White House thought they were in safe territory by tap-dancing loudly on the ‘’that’s racist!’’ stage, but now they see their words are evolving into actions with negative results. Major League Baseball has taken on Biden’s inspiration and boldly decided to pull its All-Star game out of Atlanta in response to the law, and things look poorly on everyone involved.

The move has stripped an event out of a city to the tune of at least $100 million, where the President and Democrats claimed they supported the citizens. MLB has settled on a replacement city — Denver, Colorado. This is a state that ALSO has an ID requirement for voting, and two fewer early voting days than the state claimed to have made things tougher on black voters. Then it was realized that Atlanta is a city with 50% POC citizens and 30% blacked-owned businesses, in favor of Denver, with an 80% white gentry.

This could not come off looking any worse for those involved, without involving a city that was located inside a gated community and staging the game inside of Miracle Whip Stadium. Now Biden finds his hands being forced on another athletic matter with even more grave consequences. One of the common responses to MLB opposing the supposed voting rights abuses in Georgia is how the league could have such a strong opinion on the matter, considering they staged games not so long ago in the voting-unfriendly confines of Cuba. 

In like fashion, if the administration is so outraged at sports played in a state with stringent voting regulations then there needs to be a question posed — What about China? There we see a country that has far worse voting issues leveled against its citizenry, and with the President making such bold pronouncements about those rights it means he now has to regard the approach towards those with tougher restrictions.

As a result, the administration has stated they are exploring a new decision.

While on the one hand it stands up to reason, we do need to ask if that reason would be so evident had President Biden not leaned so heavily on the Georgia law, and had he not nudged MLB to take its action. Now the administration has to take this position, as they have demonized one of the American states so heartily that a communist state with heavier voting restrictions needs to be addressed. 

This is a similar position many corporations fall into. Those CEOs who slander Georgia as a human rights abuser have to be checked for striking far more lucrative deals in hostile nations. The CEO of Coke was upset at the law, but he produces his product in China, unbothered. Hollywood voiced outrage at Georgia’s abortion laws but was content to reach new agreements in Saudi Arabia, where the ladies are far less free. 

Now President Biden is painted into a sports corner with a brush he has been swinging wildly. It will be worth watching to see how he unites his standards on this matter.

https://redstate.com/bradslager/2021/04/06/president-biden-was-hit-by-his-own-pitch-and-his-major-league-screwup-may-now-affect-another-sporting-enterprise-n356552

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m a minority ethnicity in this country and I approve the Georgia election laws...why? Because I’m a law abiding citizen who doesn’t want their legal vote disenfranchised because others don’t care about protecting against potential fraud...

Black and brown people have NO problem providing ID or following the rules when it comes to voting...we’ve been doing it for generations...it’s  racist white Leftists that think we are either too dumb, or, at least, play the race card to further their own white guilt agenda...

We will never have unity in this country while white Leftists continue to divide us, by telling us how we’re supposed to think and act...Stop thinking we have to be held to a lower standard! Like Obama says, “Yes we can!” 👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Reaction to this law appears to have offended woke left whites. It's condescending and stupid to come out and say minorities don't already have IDs. You're aware that it's actually condescending and racist to presume that this fictionally "targeted" group of minority people without IDs are so incompetent that they couldn't easily get on, right? You know what happens if they pass a law requiring IDs? People who want to vote go get an ID. Before anyone calls me racist, I'd like to note that I am a minority myself.

Is it racist that we require a drivers' license for people to drive? No. Similarly it is not racist to ask people who want to exercise their civic duty of voting to exercise the bare minimum effort of getting an ID so we can be sure that everyone's vote is counted accurately and fairly. 

I agree with everything you are saying but want to point out that it is only to morons the fact that you are a minority matters at all to this conversation, but I am sure it is a fact that "wins" many arguments with these woke morons.

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Being honest................yes, that is probably the most logical explanation.

Fortunately Biden's credibility is unaffected. 😎

Simple- 

Placate black vote from baseball community? Check. 

Placate white vote from golf community? Check.  

all lies, all the time. No standards, no principles, just how can we fool them today..  

• Agree 1