Georgia election laws and MLB

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This election law will do exactly what it was suppose to stop, get rid the GQP majority in that state.

The people will vote, and Georgia will go blue, just like Virginia did. 

North Carolina, we are coming for you next!!! 

Gee.

I thought it was so EVERYONE could vote fairly, black and white. Rich and poor.

Now you tell me that the actual goal is to get rid of Republicans and push for Democrat party rule.

Thanks for pointing the real purpose of HR1 to everyone here.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This election law will do exactly what it was suppose to stop, get rid the GQP majority in that state. The people will vote, and Georgia will go blue, just like Virginia did. 

Is that a yes, or no? All I see are questions designed to muddy the water

I ask for specifics to "muddy the water"? Please just admit you have not read the bill and literally have no clue what was in it. Biden has already been called out as a liar by the WP for saying the crap you are.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This election law will do exactly what it was suppose to stop, get rid the GQP majority in that state. The people will vote, and Georgia will go blue, just like Virginia did. 

North Carolina, we are coming for you next!!! 

Is that a yes, or no? All I see are questions designed to muddy the water

So you want to make it harder for people to vote in the USA and used authoritarian governments as an excuse for it? Sad 

You guys are on the way out. It’s funny watching you struggle to stay afloat. 

Struggle?  No not us.  You're flopping in the breeze young man.  So if this Bill is going to turn GA blue what's the problem?  This makes it a wonderful Bill correct?   I see a lot of unfounded hysteria and confusion from you.  Again.....

Carry on. 

One important issue that many in the national media are ignoring, as pointed out here by Sen. Tim Scott, is that MLB moved the All-Star game from Atlanta whose population is 51% Black to Denver which is 9.2% Black all in the name of protecting Black voters who are allegedly harmed by Georgia’s new voting law which just happens to be similar to Colorado’s existing voting law:

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I ask for specifics to "muddy the water"? Please just admit you have not read the bill and literally have no clue what was in it. Biden has already been called out as a liar by the WP for saying the crap you are.

I know what’s in it, I see the pattern, less time, fewer locations, fewer methods. 

Republicans are pretending like this bill is legit. Why was it passed? 

It was passed because Republicans lost Georgia by 38,000 votes. 

Everyone knows this bill is trying to shave off 38,000 votes...or more. 

Obviously 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Blame Senile Joe and his lying.

Yes! He won Georgia! Thus setting off this chain of events by Republicans to try and even the playing field. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will start with I support all of the requirements I have seen from the law and it is similar to what we have in Florida. The MLB reaction though might be the worst thought out reaction in sports history. They already know they messed up and are trying to not discuss what was "objectionable" because Colorado has similar laws. MLB.com as of 1130 this morning has zero mentions of ASG and it being moved or any mention of standing up for voters. 

Nah....Glad to see the normal world calling out the GOP for the total douchebags they have turned into. GA legislation is a direct response to the loss. 

The GOP has won 1 of the last 8 POTUS popular votes and are doing nothing to change that. GOP needs to disintegrate and come back...the country would be better for it. No voting crap is the - hopefully - last flailings - of a bad 40 year Chapter for the GOP. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Gee.

I thought it was so EVERYONE could vote fairly, black and white. Rich and poor.

Now you tell me that the actual goal is to get rid of Republicans and push for Democrat party rule.

Thanks for pointing the real purpose of HR1 to everyone here.

Why is this all happening? This law is a reaction to GQP losing in Georgia. Right? 

Profiles in Courage.........

BIDEN TRIES TO DISTANCE HIMSELF FROM WOKE MLB DECISION

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/04/biden-tries-to-distance-himself-from-woke-mlb-decision.php

The White House is trying to insulate Joe Biden from Major League Baseball’s decision to take the all-star game away from Atlanta (it will be played in Denver, Colorado where, arguably, it’s a little easier to vote, legitimately and fraudulently). It’s understandable that Team Biden wants to distance the president from the decision, given the blowback it has produced, plus the poll showing that more Americans support Georgia’s election law 

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Profiles in Courage.........

BIDEN TRIES TO DISTANCE HIMSELF FROM WOKE MLB DECISION

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/04/biden-tries-to-distance-himself-from-woke-mlb-decision.php

The White House is trying to insulate Joe Biden from Major League Baseball’s decision to take the all-star game away from Atlanta (it will be played in Denver, Colorado where, arguably, it’s a little easier to vote, legitimately and fraudulently). It’s understandable that Team Biden wants to distance the president from the decision, given the blowback it has produced, plus the poll showing that more Americans support Georgia’s election law 

Now isn't this interesting.  A lot of this hubbub is because of Joe's Jim Crow on steroids comment.  

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes! He won Georgia! Thus setting off this chain of events by Republicans to try and even the playing field

Interesting you put it that way.  And very telling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The All-Star Game thing really is progressivism in a nutshell: 

-Liberals mad about "racist" voter ID laws
-Push game out of 51% black Atlanta
-Cost Atlanta $100 million
-Move game to 9% black Denver
-Denver has same "racist" voter ID laws
-"We fixed racism!"

• Like (+1) 3

I support a photo ID for voting...

But if people want to use the excuse that not everyone can afford one (which is a legitimate excuse, and not just for minorities) perhaps each state can provide each citizen with a photo ID, free of charge, when they turn 18?  Or perhaps it could be done on a federal level?

I’m normally against raising taxes...but I would support it on this issue...Voter fraud happens every election, and helping to eliminate it, any way possible, is much too important...and it’s something, I’m sure, every law abiding citizen could get behind...

Where there is a will, there is a way...👍

Edited by JaCrispy

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

PUNCH BACK TWICE AS HARD: 

Ga. State Rep. Calls Joe Biden’s Bluff on Georgia’s ‘Jim Crow on Steroids.’

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/04/06/ga-state-rep-calls-joe-bidens-bluff-on-georgias-jim-crow-on-steroids-n1437700

Yup.  Jim Crow on Steroids.  THIS is what has gotten me so passionate about this issue.  

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I support a photo ID for voting...

But if people want to use the excuse that not everyone can afford one (which is a legitimate excuse, and not just for minorities) perhaps each state can provide each citizen with a photo ID, free of charge, when they turn 18?  Or perhaps it could be done on a federal level?

I’m normally against raising taxes...but I would support it on this issue...Voter fraud happens every election, and helping to eliminate it, any way possible, is much too important...and it’s something, I’m sure, every law abiding citizen could get behind...

Where there is a will, there is a way...👍

If you can't afford a voter ID in GA you shouldn't be able to vote.  

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If you can't afford a voter ID in GA you shouldn't be able to vote.  

I see your point, and it has its merits...my goal is simply to take away any argument against ensuring ONLY legal, living citizens vote...

When people suggest voter ID, the argument on the Left is that it’s racist...I contend it’s not racist if poor people of all races can’t afford it...but, whether people agree about that or not, why not just make it available to everyone so there is no more excuses of why we don’t have voter ID?

A common sense solution to a fixable problem...👍

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I see your point, and it has its merits...my goal is simply to take away any argument against ensuring ONLY legal, living citizens vote...

When people suggest voter ID, the argument on the Left is that it’s racist...I contend it’s not racist if poor people of all races can’t afford it...but, whether people agree about that or not, why not just make it available to everyone so there is no more excuses of why we don’t have voter ID?

A common sense solution to a fixable problem...👍

I don't think you did see my point.  ;)