Georgia election laws and MLB

I will start with I support all of the requirements I have seen from the law and it is similar to what we have in Florida. The MLB reaction though might be the worst thought out reaction in sports history. They already know they messed up and are trying to not discuss what was "objectionable" because Colorado has similar laws. MLB.com as of 1130 this morning has zero mentions of ASG and it being moved or any mention of standing up for voters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Of course you support making it harder for working people to vote. Is this suppose to surprise anyone? 

Good for MLB for standing up for democracy 

Which part of the law specifically are you against? 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Which part of the law specifically are you against? 

That it reduces the opportunities for working people to vote. 

You dont agree that lessening the times, places, and methods of voting reduces the opportunities for voting, though, correct? You simply can’t! And I mean you can’t politically agree with that statement. Correct? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

That it reduces the opportunities for working people to vote. 

You dont agree that lessening the times, places, and methods of voting reduces the opportunities for voting, though, correct? You simply can’t! And I mean you can’t politically agree with that statement. Correct? 

Give us a specific example of where in the Bill it makes it actually HARDER for working people to vote.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Give us a specific example of where in the Bill it makes it actually HARDER for working people to vote.  

My previous answer covered that. Fewer opportunities to vote make it harder to vote. 

I hate it that you might not understand. So if you need me to explain it in simpler terms, just ask 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He cannot. You will get the same dodge as the hundred times past.

Well we are already off the MLB part..................as was easy to predict.

FAIRNESS! MLB Moves This Summer’s All-Star Game From Atlanta to One of the Whitest Cities in America.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/bryan-preston/2021/04/05/breaking-mlb-moves-this-summers-all-star-game-from-atlanta-to-one-of-the-whitest-cities-in-america-

n1437635

Biden’s Lies About Voter Law Cost Georgia The All-Star Game.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/bidens-lies-about-voter-law-cost-georgia-the-all-star-game/

MLB All-Star Game moves to Colorado despite stricter voting ...

https://nypost.com/2021/04/06/mlbs-all-star-game-moves-to-colorado-despite-stricter-voting-laws/

59 mins ago — Critics are scratching their heads over Major League Baseball's decision to move its All-Star game from Georgia to Colorado.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

My previous answer covered that. Fewer opportunities to vote make it harder to vote. 

I hate it that you might not understand. So if you need me to explain it in simpler terms, just ask 

I'm not taking your word for it.  I asked you to point to specific parts of the Bill that makes it harder for working people to vote. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

He cannot. You will get the same dodge as the hundred times past.

Well we are already off the MLB part..................as was easy to predict.

FAIRNESS! MLB Moves This Summer’s All-Star Game From Atlanta to One of the Whitest Cities in America.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/bryan-preston/2021/04/05/breaking-mlb-moves-this-summers-all-star-game-from-atlanta-to-one-of-the-whitest-cities-in-america-

n1437635

Biden’s Lies About Voter Law Cost Georgia The All-Star Game.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/bidens-lies-about-voter-law-cost-georgia-the-all-star-game/

MLB All-Star Game moves to Colorado despite stricter voting ...

https://nypost.com/2021/04/06/mlbs-all-star-game-moves-to-colorado-despite-stricter-voting-laws/

59 mins ago — Critics are scratching their heads over Major League Baseball's decision to move its All-Star game from Georgia to Colorado.

But weed's legal in CO so we're good.  

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm not taking your word for it.  I asked you to point to specific parts of the Bill that makes it harder for working people to vote. 

Then look it up. You won’t take my word anyway 😂 😆 😝 

• Like (+1) 1

Then look it up. You won’t take my word anyway 😂 😆 😝 

What exactly am I to look up?  I'm not making any accusations.  You're the one with the accusations.  All I'm simply doing is asking you to point to the part of the Bill (linked below) that you used to form your opinion that it a) takes away voting rights and b) makes it harder for working people to vote.  

https://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20212022/201121

Its been pointed out elsewhere that MLB has no issue with voting rights in places like China and Cuba as they are more interested in loot than votes in those places.  What do my liberal friends here have to say about that inconsistency?  Or is your outrage confined to the domestic front? 

Recent polls show 72% of American voters agree that identification should be required to vote much like to board a plane or in my state to buy cough medicine at the grocery store.   A majority of voters considering themselves to be Democrats, Republicans, and Independents all polled a majority for each group.  So shouldn't democracy prevail?

I've also seen comparisons of the Georgia law to other states where 19 other states are more restrictive including the Presidents home state of Delaware.  You'd expect he would want to get on that immediately to eliminate his place of residence from his "Jim Crow" list.  But not a peep as outrage is conditional.  Conditions being what we do is okay and what others do is not.   

As for baseball the only use I have for it is to turn on a game in order to put me to sleep when I need a nap.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I asked for your opinion for something specific and you gave a vague lie. 

It’s a lie they are lessening the hours, locations and methods of voting? 

Wow! You know. You speak with forked tongue. You know 

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Its been pointed out elsewhere that MLB has no issue with voting rights in places like China and Cuba as they are more interested in loot than votes in those places.  What do my liberal friends here have to say about that inconsistency?  Or is your outrage confined to the domestic front? 

Recent polls show 72% of American voters agree that identification should be required to vote much like to board a plane or in my state to buy cough medicine at the grocery store.   A majority of voters considering themselves to be Democrats, Republicans, and Independents all polled a majority for each group.  So shouldn't democracy prevail?

I've also seen comparisons of the Georgia law to other states where 19 other states are more restrictive including the Presidents home state of Delaware.  You'd expect he would want to get on that immediately to eliminate his place of residence from his "Jim Crow" list.  But not a peep as outrage is conditional.  Conditions being what we do is okay and what others do is not.   

As for baseball the only use I have for it is to turn on a game in order to put me to sleep when I need a nap.

China and Cuba? 😂 

mrz040621dAPR20210406034504.jpg                MC_MLB_web20210405120818.jpg

‘Hey look, someone else who hasn’t read the Georgia law’! Shannon Sharpe weighs in on MLB’s decision to pull All-Star Game from Atlanta

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/04/06/hey-look-someone-else-who-hasnt-read-the-georgia-law-shannon-sharpe-weighs-in-on-mlbs-decision-to-pull-all-star-game-from-atlanta-video/

‘Kudos on your epic fail’! MLB All-Star game reportedly being moved to state ‘that also requires voter ID and has fewer early voting days’

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/04/05/kudos-on-your-epic-fail-mlb-all-star-game-reportedly-being-moved-to-state-that-also-requires-voter-id-and-has-fewer-early-voting-days/

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What were previous hours and what are current hours? What method has been taken away? And the "location" change is the drop boxes which will be in secure locations. Basically their dropbox laws now read like Florida.

Wow! You know. You speak with forked tongue. You know 

China and Cuba? 😂 

Yes, China and Cuba.  Two countries on planet Earth where voters have no rights of any kind where MLB does business.  I get you're evasive and refuse to admit or acknowledge any liberal hypocrisy.  But perhaps rather than dodge my questions you could once in a while answer or rebut them?  Say I'm wrong, call me out, or provide some insightful counterpoint.  That would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

mrz040621dAPR20210406034504.jpg                MC_MLB_web20210405120818.jpg

‘Hey look, someone else who hasn’t read the Georgia law’! Shannon Sharpe weighs in on MLB’s decision to pull All-Star Game from Atlanta

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/04/06/hey-look-someone-else-who-hasnt-read-the-georgia-law-shannon-sharpe-weighs-in-on-mlbs-decision-to-pull-all-star-game-from-atlanta-video/

‘Kudos on your epic fail’! MLB All-Star game reportedly being moved to state ‘that also requires voter ID and has fewer early voting days’

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/04/05/kudos-on-your-epic-fail-mlb-all-star-game-reportedly-being-moved-to-state-that-also-requires-voter-id-and-has-fewer-early-voting-days/

This election law will do exactly what it was suppose to stop, get rid the GQP majority in that state. The people will vote, and Georgia will go blue, just like Virginia did. 

North Carolina, we are coming for you next!!! 

What were previous hours and what are current hours? What method has been taken away? And the "location" change is the drop boxes which will be in secure locations. Basically their dropbox laws now read like Florida.

Is that a yes, or no? All I see are questions designed to muddy the water

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes, China and Cuba.  Two countries on planet Earth where voters have no rights of any kind where MLB does business.  I get you're evasive and refuse to admit or acknowledge any liberal hypocrisy.  But perhaps rather than dodge my questions you could once in a while answer or rebut them?  Say I'm wrong, call me out, or provide some insightful counterpoint.  That would be appreciated.

So you want to make it harder for people to vote in the USA and used authoritarian governments as an excuse for it? Sad 

You guys are on the way out. It’s funny watching you struggle to stay afloat.