Panthers are letting Bridgewater to talk to teams about a trade

I mean, how much will they get honestly? Mitch Trubisky is 10x better than Bridgewater and we signed him for $2.5M. At this point they will probably just have to release him. Who on earth wants to take on that contract?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Is this a good time to point out that our back up QB is making like $2 million this year

No kidding, John.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

lucky for him He can negotiate any contract he wants with the new team 

Not that simple.  $10m of the $17m is guaranteed.  My guess is In order to find a trade partner Carolina will have to pay at least half of the $10m and Bridgewater will have to forego most of the $7m that’s not guaranteed.  More likely scenario is Carolina doesn’t find any takers and has to eat the $10m.  Then Bridgewater signs for $3-4m in Houston where he has chance to start.  

8 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

You never know, QB needy teams are desperate, I mean just look at Carolina trading for Darnold, it was certainly a desperation move because of what’s going on with Watson. The GM was reported saying he was going to get a QB either through FA, Trade or Via the Draft. If he agrees to a pay cut I can see New Orleans trading for him.

I’d be hard pressed to see them spend over $30m on a qb room with that being the depth chart. 

carolina did seem interested in taysom though so maybe that could be part of the send back

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Not that simple.  $10m of the $17m is guaranteed.  My guess is In order to find a trade partner Carolina will have to pay at least half of the $10m and Bridgewater will have to forego most of the $7m that’s not guaranteed.  More likely scenario is Carolina doesn’t find any takers and has to eat the $10m.  Then Bridgewater signs for $3-4m in Houston where he has chance to start.  

Getting off the hook for any is a win for Carolina, as is getting any compensation at all

if bridgewater wants to start, every day he can get in his new system is big.

if the two sides don’t play nice in getting something done they both lose as Carolina has no incentive to cut him earlier than they need to, as an insurance policy if nothing else... and then Carolina gets stuck with a full hit and bridgewater wastes a season. 

Edited by NoSaint

9 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Never seen so many teams spinning the QB spinning wheel as this off-season.

Appears teams will keep spinning it right up to opening day.

So nice the Bills are not in line waiting for a turn at it.

This - and teams are more easily moving on from "failed" QB picks sooner than later.

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I mean, how much will they get honestly? Mitch Trubisky is 10x better than Bridgewater and we signed him for $2.5M. At this point they will probably just have to release him. Who on earth wants to take on that contract?

No kidding, John.

Agrre - though I'd say 5x better. :D

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Watching Teddy Bridgewater dink and dunk his way thru an NFL season is unbelievably painful.  I thought he had some game with the Vikings until the terrible knee injury.  But he is Trent Edwards w a tan.  

Undefeated as the Saints starter if I recall. 

I don’t know.  Watson at this point with criminal investigations in addition to the civil ones screams of him going on the commissioners exempt list until resolved. Kirwan on MTC was floating the other day Bridgewater to Houston as he would be an upgrade over Tyrod.  At this point Tyrod is a career backup.  I thought he only received something like $2.5 mil.