TBD with Ads is the greatest!

Jobot

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I only sometimes get an ad when I get online in the morning.  I never log out ... but once I go to TBD, I get an ad.

Sometimes I click "close," and sometimes I click the X at the top right corner.

Either way, when it's all said and done, it's one ***** click.  One. Click.

How you can endure that is just unfathomable to me. You, sir, are an American hero for surviving such an enormous injustice! BRAVO! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I only sometimes get an ad when I get online in the morning.  I never log out ... but once I go to TBD, I get an ad.

Sometimes I click "close," and sometimes I click the X at the top right corner.

Either way, when it's all said and done, it's one ***** click.  One. Click.

One ping Vassili, just one ping...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Lol... no one uses ABP?

I already have enough Russian wives... don't need any more.

How are you on extended car warranties? Post your cell number here, I think we can help! 

:)

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Yes, that. But better yet why not just get rid of the full screen ads altogether.  I don’t even mind an ad that takes up 80 percent of my screen if I can easily scroll past it without clicking anything.  The problem is that all the FULL SCREEN ads must be clicked out of, and the makers of these ads have a vested interest in the user clicking into rather than out of the ad. Any “less than full screen” ad can be scrolled past without risk of clicking anything that takes you deeper Into the ad. 

I have no idea about how the advertising rates are set up except that it's through Google and is the reason that we're pretty strict about racy photos and similar (since the ad contract specifies we are "PG" or similar).

So I can't comment there.

4 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

The ads are fine  and in America making a couple bucks off of your work is a good thing .. thanks @SDS for this great site!

I could be wrong, but I think the ads go to defray the cost of the servers and the software.

It takes some serious server-power to keep the site up and running during a game.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have no idea about how the advertising rates are set up except that it's through Google and is the reason that we're pretty strict about racy photos and similar (since the ad contract specifies we are "PG" or similar).

So I can't comment there.

I could be wrong, but I think the ads go to defray the cost of the servers and the software.

It takes some serious server-power to keep the site up and running during a game.

All I know is I buy alot of hats. So when a hat advertises on here,  from my browser history I buy I through the link cause I know it kicks back something and costs me nothing. Pretty easy really

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Even more reason to not gripe about the ads

I don’t get ads. I’m not sure if it’s because of my browser, but I do think having the option to donate for certain privileges may not be a bad thing. Maybe platinum, gold and silver options for access to certain sub forums, perks and so on, or simply because you want to donate $5-$10 to a forum that we all love and gather upon. 

16 hours ago, Augie said:

How you can endure that is just unfathomable to me. You, sir, are an American hero for surviving such an enormous injustice! BRAVO! 

We all look up to him as a role model and a leader of men...