TBD with Ads is the greatest!

Jobot

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

All these damn ads are keeping me away from importent business meetings. 

High level

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Jobot said:

Force feed ads that you have to click on is the latest greatest craze!

Maybe if I'm positive about this forum my post won't get taken down? Either way, super great call leaders!

Oh what a wicked web we weave ..

• Like (+1) 1

I love the idea of a paywall the more I think about it. Many here complain about paying for The Athletic or BN...seriously? You won’t pay for people’s work? Ask a plumber or HVAC person to your house and then stiff them. How does that work out?

This entire argument is just silly. Asking for cash to participate in a board as active and good as this is only fair. Not to mention keeping the trolls at bay. Sign me up. 

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I love the idea of a paywall the more I think about it. Many here complain about paying for The Athletic or BN...seriously? You won’t pay for people’s work? Ask a plumber or HVAC person to your house and then stiff them. How does that work out?

Dead-on!  This drives me nuts as well.

18 hours ago, Jobot said:

Maybe if I'm positive about this forum my post won't get taken down? Either way, super great call leaders!

When your paying for this out of your own pocket then you can criticize.

Thanks for the great site Mark aka SDS....keep up the good work :)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

What ads? I have never seen any ads...????

21 hours ago, Jobot said:

The site trying to recoup hosting fees/make money off its own success? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

What if I accidentally click on an ad? What then?!

20 hours ago, SDS said:

Are logged-in members seeing ads on the forum?

Despite being logged in, I show ads to myself so I know what is being shown and where. 

I've never seen an ad on this forum, ever. Granted I've only been a member for a few years but not once have I had to click through an ad.

Maybe a banner ad or something I didn't notice, but certainly not pop-ups... And I've never used an ad blocker.

I generally try to log off every time I am finished at these forums.  When I sign back on (strictly on my iPhone), I get ads until I sign in.  I find the mental gymnastics of doing so keeps the cobwebs at bay.  Does this also result in a better advertising revenue for the site, as opposed to staying constantly logged in?

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I generally try to log off every time I am finished at these forums.  When I sign back on (strictly on my iPhone), I get ads until I sign in.  I find the mental gymnastics of doing so keeps the cobwebs at bay.  Does this also result in a better advertising revenue for the site, as opposed to staying constantly logged in?

This is actually a question I've been curious as to the answer to.  @SDS?

On 4/6/2021 at 10:27 AM, Jobot said:

Weird I have NO ISSUES ever with Ads on TBD. 

On the bright side I got great deals on a recliner, cat food, and I was able to name a star after me. CorkScrewHill in the new name of the North Star.

On the down side I sprained my index finger trying to click on one of the ads. I am having to use voice recognition software to enter this and my finger is in a cast .. thanks OBD ;).

12 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

On the bright side I got great deals on a recliner, cat food, and I was able to name a star after me. CorkScrewHill in the new name of the North Star.

On the down side I sprained my index finger trying to click on one of the ads. I am having to use voice recognition software to enter this and my finger is in a cast .. thanks OBD ;).

SDS carries insurance for these types of finger injuries. However, he is likely to litigate first. (Needs to make sure you didn’t screw up the digit under other nefarious circumstances.) You may want @BringBackFergy to represent you.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/6/2021 at 8:36 PM, TroutDog said:

This entire argument is just silly. Asking for cash to participate in a board as active and good as this is only fair. Not to mention keeping the trolls at bay. Sign me up. 

I don’t mind paying, I just don’t like 50 companies having my card info and any info really. If I could mail Tim Graham a roll of quarters I would prefer that.