TBD with Ads is the greatest!

Jobot

TANSTAAFL.  If you don't like ads, there's the door.  How do you think this forum keeps up on Game Day?  That takes some firepower, your laptop won't handle it.  Look around at some of the other fan boards, you'll see ads galore.  We have a great looking and operating website, with minimal ads.  SO SIDDOWN AN' SHADDUP!!   

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

He sold his dealerships in Florida and his house too.  Rumor has it health problems.

i recently heard he had a serious stroke.  you just don't see him anymore.  one moment he's screaming in your face, the next...crickets.  

1 minute ago, teef said:

i recently heard he had a serious stroke.  you just don't see him anymore.  one moment he's screaming in your face, the next...crickets.  

His son took over all of the stores in the Capital District.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

His son took over all of the stores in the Capital District.

we saw his son in a few commercials here, but only for a short period of time.  he struck me as the poster boy for date rape.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

we saw his son in a few commercials here, but only for a short period of time.  he struck me as the poster boy for date rape.

LMAO!  Haven't seen him on any TV commercials.  They just brought Caroline back for those.  Billy Jr., does a TON of radio ads.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

LMAO!  Haven't seen him on any TV commercials.  They just brought Caroline back for those.  Billy Jr., does a TON of radio ads.

i just looked up to post pictures of him, and it definitely wasn't the same guy i saw in the commercials, but they actually brought caroline back?!  i was wondering what happened to her.  they just replaced her with a younger, blonder girl.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i just looked up to post pictures of him, and it definitely wasn't the same guy i saw in the commercials, but they actually brought caroline back?!  i was wondering what happened to her.  they just replaced her with a younger, blonder girl.

Yeah, she was replaced for a while and Billy Sr., was doing the TV ads with the younger, blonder girl.

Caroline came back less than a year ago.  Tom Parks is still gone.  Caroline is doing ads with some pro wrestler, Titus O'Neil.

5 hours ago, SDS said:

So, Google inserted this type of ad on their own. It is my choice if I want to decline it or not. This was a recent development.

To date, I have not shown any ads to members on the forum.  It’s not to say I won’t in the future, but I haven’t done so in 23 years. 

Guests that read, but don’t contribute see ads. That seems fair to me.

It looks like there might be a click through ad to go from the front page to the forum. It’s new, but is this a day wrecker? I certainly don’t mean to enrage people because they have to press an X once in transition.

it cost thousands of dollars to run this site with enough hardware to keep the place up during the draft and opening day and other times of intense interest. I would like to think as a community we can be reasonable about this.

For those of you with ad blockers, are you willing to pay a subscription for all your content? I’m just a guy with a house and a mortgage and a wife and a kid in college and another one in high school. I certainly think I have been reasonable over the years. There are some websites that are unreadable because of their aggressive tactics. I don’t think we’re one of them.

If you find that interstitial ad to be unfair and oppressive, then let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks. 

Can you let me know how you swung a wife in college still? 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, she was replaced for a while and Billy Sr., was doing the TV ads with the younger, blonder girl.

Caroline came back less than a year ago.  Tom Parks is still gone.  Caroline is doing ads with some pro wrestler, Titus O'Neil.

we still have our tom parks and the other lady.  i didn't realize the advertising was that regional.  i just figured billy yelled the prices of hyundais at us, and they changed the name of the dealer location.

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

As someone who interacts with their customers frequently DO NOT EVERRRRR USE ASPEN DENTAL!! Charging 2-3xs what they were told, and everyone says they pulled the wrong tooth, didnt finish, or "they @#%$!# up my whole mouth".

Realize that wasnt the point here, but morally i couldnt pass over reading without saying something.

Also, agreed. Its one dumb x to click to get to the forum. Takes a tenth of a second

How are their jingles?  As bad as Brothers of Mercy? 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

Ads are ridiculous and serve zero purpose other than to line the pockets of the already wealthy. Also we the contributors are the ones that keep this site active a running.

I advocate for ads to remain but the profits be split amongst the contributors(us)

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

My college hoops board has an optional category of “Supporting Members” which costs me all of $12.50/year. I can swing that. There is power in numbers. No biggie. I’ve never seen ads as I never come here on my phone, but I can’t imagine it could be too terrible.

Agreed 100%.  Or put up a "Donate" link.

47 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

Agreed 100%.  Or put up a "Donate" link.

I spend WAAAY too much time here and would kick in more if it helped. BUT, if you REALLY want to raise some serious money I bet a lot of people would pay thru the nose to get me to go AWAY!  :)

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2