TBD with Ads is the greatest!

Jobot

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

Force feed ads that you have to click on is the latest greatest craze!

Maybe if I'm positive about this forum my post won't get taken down? Either way, super great call leaders!

I am sorry you had to endure this awful hardship.  You should cancel your (non-existent) subscription and take your business elsewhere!  That will show the leaders of this forum!  Better yet, fund and create your own Bills forum and show them how it is done. 

Edited by chknwing334
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Thus the feigned outrage.  Someone is headed back to Michelle Bachmann's Summer Camp for Good Boys Who Want to Get Closer to Jesus and Stop Thinking About  Meaty Penises All Day.

Dammmit Jaur now I gotta clean my second cup of coffee off of my keyboard.  We gotta put a NSFW (but funny) on you!

27 minutes ago, SDS said:

Are logged-in members seeing ads on the forum?

Despite being logged in, I show ads to myself so I know what is being shown and where. 

Logged in - see the intro ads on tablet, not on laptop with firefox.  Simple solution - don't leave the site when put down PC or click through

29 minutes ago, SDS said:

Despite being logged in, I show ads to myself so I know what is being shown and where. 

I am logged in and see the ads when navigating onto the forum from the main TBD page. Totally unobtrusive, one click and they're gone.

Edit: Windows 10 with Chrome

Edited by BuffaloBobs

9 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Man, I hope you never stumble across the forums of our AFCE opponents.  Do you like ads every 4 posts that cause the page to stutter when you scroll?

Don't recall ever seeing an ad here, at least in this part of the forums and I am immensely appreciative of that.

https://www.finheaven.com

I think the owner does a really nice job over there with their graphics and layout. Though I think they probably cater to a different audience then I hope to attract, but that’s all right. But people are free to go over to a really busy football forum and see what that user experience is like and ask yourself if things are so bad over here.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SDS said:

Zero ads for me.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I Love You Man!  And you're still not getting my Bud Lite.

This disclosure that you don't need to buy that stuff may be life altering for me.

Next you're going to tell me all my Husqvarna outdoor equipment was not made in Sweden.

I know it is, because it says right on them "Husqvarna."

That sure as heck isn't a Mexican or Chinese company.

Either way, with all the deliveries scheduled, I've got to stand down.

36 minutes ago, SDS said:

So, Google inserted this type of on their own. It is my choice if I want to decline it or not. This was a recent development.

To date, I have not shown any ads to members on the forum.  It’s not to say I won’t in the future, but I haven’t done so in 23 years. 

Guests that read, but don’t contribute see ads. That seems fair to me.

It looks like there might be a click through ad to go from the front page to the forum. It’s new, but is this a day wrecker? I certainly don’t mean to enrage people because they have to press an X once in transition.

it cost thousands of dollars to run this site with enough hardware to keep the place up during the draft and opening day and other times of intense interest. I would like to think as a community we can be reasonable about this.

For those of you with ad blockers, are you willing to pay a subscription for all your content? I’m just a guy with a house and a mortgage and a wife and a kid in college and another one in high school. I certainly think I have been reasonable over the years. There are some websites that are unreadable because of their aggressive tactics. I don’t think we’re one of them.

If you find that interstitial ad to be unfair and oppressive, then let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks. 

Hi Scott.  I just logged out, cleared my browser cache, used a browser with no blockers of any kind.

I see a few non-intrusive top-and-bottom ads on the News page, mostly Bills gear (although the ad for the coffin was slightly disconcerting).  When I clicked on "The Stadium Wall", I saw a single ad ("interstitial ad") I had to close either clicking on the "x" or the "close" button.  The first ad was NBD. 

The second (when I repeated the experiment) was a bit concerning to me - it was something about downloading some form of computer software to fix some non-existent problem on my computer, and reminded me of the sort of virus-invitation advertisements I get when I stream games.  So that particular ad would have been off-putting to me.  It behaved properly and closed when I clicked on the "x" though. 

It was the particular thing being advertised (some sort of video drivers, click here to download) that made me feel I should reach for the virtual Linux box, but that was only one of several different ads, and it was only because offering to fix your computer problems via a download is a known "virus invitation".

It was only one ad and when I closed the window then re-opened and re-logged in, it didn't show again until I cleared the cache or used a private browsing window.

I've said to you before but I'll say it again, I would be more than happy to pay for a subscription in lieu of viewing advertisements.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hi Scott.  I just logged out, cleared my browser cache, used a browser with no blockers of any kind.

I see a few non-intrusive top-and-bottom ads on the News page, mostly Bills gear (although the ad for the coffin was slightly disconcerting).  When I clicked on "The Stadium Wall", I saw a single ad ("interstitial ad") I had to close either clicking on the "x" or the "close" button.  The first ad was NBD. 

The second (when I repeated the experiment) was a bit concerning to me - it was something about downloading some form of computer software to fix some non-existent problem on my computer, and reminded me of the sort of virus-invitation advertisements I get when I stream games.  So that particular ad would have been off-putting to me.  It behaved properly and closed when I clicked on the "x" though. 

It was the particular thing being advertised (some sort of video drivers, click here to download) that made me feel I should reach for the virtual Linux box, but that was only one of several different ads, and it was only because offering to fix your computer problems via a download is a known "virus invitation".

It was only one ad and when I closed the window then re-opened and re-logged in, it didn't show again until I cleared the cache or used a private browsing window.

I've said to you before but I'll say it again, I would be more than happy to pay for a subscription in lieu of viewing advertisements.

I have blocked WinZipdriverupdater.com as an advertiser.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Somebody saw a Aspen Dental ad

As someone who interacts with their customers frequently DO NOT EVERRRRR USE ASPEN DENTAL!! Charging 2-3xs what they were told, and everyone says they pulled the wrong tooth, didnt finish, or "they @#%$!# up my whole mouth".

Realize that wasnt the point here, but morally i couldnt pass over reading without saying something.

Also, agreed. Its one dumb x to click to get to the forum. Takes a tenth of a second

1 hour ago, SDS said:

So, Google inserted this type of ad on their own. It is my choice if I want to decline it or not. This was a recent development.

To date, I have not shown any ads to members on the forum.  It’s not to say I won’t in the future, but I haven’t done so in 23 years. 

Guests that read, but don’t contribute see ads. That seems fair to me.

It looks like there might be a click through ad to go from the front page to the forum. It’s new, but is this a day wrecker? I certainly don’t mean to enrage people because they have to press an X once in transition.

it cost thousands of dollars to run this site with enough hardware to keep the place up during the draft and opening day and other times of intense interest. I would like to think as a community we can be reasonable about this.

For those of you with ad blockers, are you willing to pay a subscription for all your content? I’m just a guy with a house and a mortgage and a wife and a kid in college and another one in high school. I certainly think I have been reasonable over the years. There are some websites that are unreadable because of their aggressive tactics. I don’t think we’re one of them.

If you find that interstitial ad to be unfair and oppressive, then let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks. 

Not a problem. I’ve only recently seen the ad and it is only when I go from the news page to the community page.  

54 minutes ago, SDS said:

Im logged in and get one i have to x out either at the front page or after clicking stadium wall

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

Force feed ads that you have to click on is the latest greatest craze!

Maybe if I'm positive about this forum my post won't get taken down? Either way, super great call leaders!

Why would we take your post down, when it is more fun to leave it up and let everyone make snarky remarks about you?    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3