TBD with Ads is the greatest!

Jobot

5 minutes ago, teef said:

he should be angry then.  that place ***** you up.

so, he is on TBD and is just being bombarded with pictures of muscular guys?

Thus the feigned outrage.  Someone is headed back to Michelle Bachmann's Summer Camp for Good Boys Who Want to Get Closer to Jesus and Stop Thinking About  Meaty Penises All Day.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I have never once seen an ad. 
That said this is my go to not just for buffalo bills news but a lot of news league wide. I think it’s kinda pathetic to throw stones over having to see an ad. @SDS you and the mods do a great job running this place. I can live with an ad if it’s needed to keep this place running as is. I have never seen one but I sure as heck wouldn’t be offended or crying and starting new threads about it 

• Agree 5

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

Are logged-in members seeing ads on the forum?

Despite being logged in, I show ads to myself so I know what is being shown and where. 

No, not on the forum.  The front "news" page is the only one with ads but my bookmark is for TSW, not the TBD front page.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I have never once seen an ad. 
That said this is my go to not just for buffalo bills news but a lot of news league wide. I think it’s kinda pathetic to throw stones over having to see an ad. @SDS you and the mods do a great job running this place. I can live with an ad if it’s needed to keep this place running as is. I have never seen one but I sure as heck wouldn’t be offended or crying and starting new threads about it 

Totally agree - the only Ads I have ever seen occurred when I got logged out and was on as a guest and didn’t realize it.

As soon as I logged in - no Ads.

Perfectly fair and reasonable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

Despite being logged in, I show ads to myself so I know what is being shown and where. 

I only see the pop ups on my work PC where I am not logged in. This is NOT a big deal. 

• Agree 1

And just to put a finer point on this, I can choose not to show ads to administrators (myself and one other). What I have chosen is to show ads to myself, everyday for years and years, but not members.

Hopefully, I have a good idea what the user experience is with those ads, even if all of the members don’t see them here (but do on the front page if they utilize that resource).

People who complain about ads on free sites are the worst.

You don’t want to pay to use the site, you don’t want to see ads, sooo.....just how exactly is the site supposed to stay up and running? Running a quality site/forum is not free!

As if clicking the little “x” on ONE ad is a day ruining deal breaker. 🙄

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

When logged in, I never see any ads

*side note I would have no issues if you had to offer a paid “premium” membership to keep this place going. This is the best source of Buffalo Bills info on the web, and the only place I really come for NFL news in general. I read the forum daily so it would be worth the money in my opinion 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PRBills said:

When logged in, I never see any ads

*side note I would have no issues if you had to offer a paid “premium” membership to keep this place going. This is the best source of Buffalo Bills info on the web, and the only place I really come for NFL news in general. I read the forum daily so it would be worth the money in my opinion 

This.  I would support this as well.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

Force feed ads that you have to click on is the latest greatest craze!

Maybe if I'm positive about this forum my post won't get taken down? Either way, super great call leaders!

Nah, we'll leave it up.  Sorta like the rattle on a rattlesnake, it provides useful notice that a snake may be in the vicinity.

Listen up brighteyes, I'm old and not an internet genius but I can figure out how to 1) log in to see fewer ads 2) not see any ads I don't wanna see.

But I'm sure, using the "contact us" button at the bottom of the screen next to "theme", @SDS has already gratefully received your offer of an alternative method to pay his server bills, in the form of a generous donation in exchange for an ad-free experience.

No?

Huh.

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

Maybe if I'm positive about this forum my post won't get taken down? Either way, super great call leaders!

200.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

Man, I hope you never stumble across the forums of our AFCE opponents.  Do you like ads every 4 posts that cause the page to stutter when you scroll?

Don't recall ever seeing an ad here, at least in this part of the forums and I am immensely appreciative of that.