TBD with Ads is the greatest!

Jobot

Force feed ads that you have to click on is the latest greatest craze!

Maybe if I'm positive about this forum my post won't get taken down? Either way, super great call leaders!

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 15

8 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Maybe if I'm positive about this forum my post won't get taken down? Either way, super great call leaders!

This is a great and free website and community. The least I can do is click past an advertisement to help the owner keep the servers running.

Why not offer to send him a few bucks a month for a premium ad free experience?

• Like (+1) 17
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

Nothing like a bit of morning drinking to start the day!!!

Edited by ProcessAccepted
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Somebody saw a Aspen Dental ad

he should be angry then.  that place ***** you up.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Jobot has been visiting adult websites and now every time he visits TBD he gets ads about real live singles in his area that want to sex him up.  He blames TBD.

so, he is on TBD and is just being bombarded with pictures of muscular guys?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

So, Google inserted this type of ad on their own. It is my choice if I want to decline it or not. This was a recent development.

To date, I have not shown any ads to members on the forum.  It’s not to say I won’t in the future, but I haven’t done so in 23 years. 

Guests that read, but don’t contribute see ads. That seems fair to me.

It looks like there might be a click through ad to go from the front page to the forum. It’s new, but is this a day wrecker? I certainly don’t mean to enrage people because they have to press an X once in transition.

it cost thousands of dollars to run this site with enough hardware to keep the place up during the draft and opening day and other times of intense interest. I would like to think as a community we can be reasonable about this.

For those of you with ad blockers, are you willing to pay a subscription for all your content? I’m just a guy with a house and a mortgage and a wife and a kid in college and another one in high school. I certainly think I have been reasonable over the years. There are some websites that are unreadable because of their aggressive tactics. I don’t think we’re one of them.

If you find that interstitial ad to be unfair and oppressive, then let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 30