Bills fact people might not now

The K gun was named for Keith McKellar.

3 hours ago, Tuco said:

Polian's decision not to use the first pick on Flutie was made quite simple for him. The reason Flutie went on to not be drafted until the 11th round is because In January he was drafted by the USFL's New Jersey Generals, where, in February, he signed a contract making him the highest paid pro athlete at the time. Two full months before the NFL draft.

This is true but when Flutie signed with New Jersey he stated the Bills never contacted him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

OJ first wore # 36.

Really?  Any pics of that?  That is amazing

10 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I don't recall the specifics but without Ralph Wilson, the Raiders organization likely goes under within the early years of the AFL. Ralph gave Davis a loan to help him keep things afloat. 

Yes that is true and probably broke some AFL bylaws too

There is a crapper in the bowels of the stadium (sorry, I couldn’t help myself there) where @plenzmd1 likes to handle his pregame ritual post-tailgate. I have a treasure map that leads to this pristine site, but it’s only pristine if you beat him there. @Seasons1992 knows of this sacred site, but I believe he’s been sworn to secrecy. 

Is this the type of factoid we were looking for? 

11 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Dear sir:

Please cease and desist from stealing lines from old sitcoms.

Yours truly and sign it,

Dewey, Cheatham, & Howe

Atty's at Law

Pants Pressed While U Wait

Or delivered by Picup Andropov... 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

There is a crapper in the bowels of the stadium (sorry, I couldn’t help myself there) where @plenzmd1 likes to handle his pregame ritual post-tailgate. I have a treasure map that leads to this pristine site, but it’s only pristine if you beat him there. @Seasons1992 knows of this sacred site, but I believe he’s been sworn to secrecy. 

Is this the type of factoid we were looking for? 

It's in the upper deck. @plenzmd1 goes there when the gates open, because it's clean and unused.

Then, it's dirty and used.

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Really?  Any pics of that?  That is amazing

Yes that is true and probably broke some AFL bylaws too

I always use that as a trivia question for bills fans, SI cover from his rookie year against (who else) Detroit in his pre-season debut...

42967---cover-image.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Im not debating anything. It’s kind of weird that you got defensive over this

Am I defensive? I don't feel defensive. Just giving more facts about that game.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Am I defensive? I don't feel defensive. Just giving more facts about that game.

Context is everything...

On 4/6/2021 at 9:18 AM, State Rt. 21 N. said:

Weren't the Bills suposed to be the Miami Seahawks originally? But Ralph chose to go to buffalo instead. 

Raloh wanted Miami but league wanted Buffalo.  It was the only franchise left, so he took it.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/6/2021 at 6:16 PM, Tuco said:

When the Bills ended their 0 for the 70s 20 game losing streak to Miami in the 1980 season opener, it was the first game ever for newcomers Conrad Dobler and Phil Villapiano. They were, to say the least, quite amazed to see the fans storming the field, sharing beers with the players and ripping down the goal posts.

It's one of the stories in Dobler's book "They Call Me Dirty."

The Dolphins losing streak was as bad as the drought.  It was horrible.  

• Like (+1) 1