Bills fact people might not now

in the AFL from 1961-1969, the all-star game was east vs. west, except in 1965, when the game was league champion Bills vs. the rest of the leagues all-stars. Bills lost 30-19. From what I remember, Sid Gillman, coach of the all stars just kept rotating his group of all star receivers and had them running continuous fly routes against the Bills secondary.  Bills secondary quickly wore down

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Saw a you tube of Bills Steeler 1980 with Ferguson at QB. I looked him up to see if there was any update on his battle with cancer. I knew about his longevity in the league and his 1-3 playoff record. I knew about the ankle.

But, here are three things I didn’t know about Ferguson.

1. 1975 led the league in TD passes tied with Fran Tarkenton

2. 1977 led the league in passing yards

3. Survived two entirely different cancers

Post your fact that might not be known about the Bills

Fergie had a live arm, IMHO better than Kelly's ever was. 

BTW that 1975 team was fun to watch with OJ and Jim Braxton at HB/FB combining for over 2600 yds rushing ,700 yds receiving and a combined 36 TDs - from just the two primary running backs!  And to add to Bills fans heart issues - they fumbled a combined 14 times!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A high school teammate of mine went to Tennessee and was there at the same time as Travis Henry.  His locker was next to his as well and things would come up missing.  He told me it was Henry's reputation so he stopped bringing anything valuable like a watch, ring, wallet....

That didn’t end the way I thought it would....... I thought your friend was going to end up pregnant! 

9 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Fitzpatrick went to Harvard

Interesting!  No one talks about that!  

Also:

Former Bills LB Ray Bentley authored a series of children's books based around a fictional character named Darby the Dinosaur.

Former Bills TE Nick O'Leary is the grandson of famous golfer Jack Nicklaus.

The Super Bowl era Bills were known for their huge partying antics.

At the start of Super Bowl XXVI, the Bills were without the use of star RB Thurman Thomas because he lost his helmet on the sidelines.

Maybe urban legend:
Alex Van Pelt hurt his hand in 2003 trying to keep Takeo Spikes from ripping Drew Bledsoe’s head off.

More Bledsoe: in the infamous 2004 loss to the Steelers’ 3rd-stringers, Bledsoe was given instructions as to which side of the field to choose at the opening kickoff. Brain Dead Drew chose the opposite side, infuriating his coaches and setting the tone for the day. 

Edited by Rico
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A high school teammate of mine went to Tennessee and was there at the same time as Travis Henry.  His locker was next to his as well and things would come up missing.  He told me it was Henry's reputation so he stopped bringing anything valuable like a watch, ring, wallet....

He should have put a box of condoms in his locker and hid all his valuables inside of it.

• Haha (+1) 2

When the Bills ended their 0 for the 70s 20 game losing streak to Miami in the 1980 season opener, it was the first game ever for newcomers Conrad Dobler and Phil Villapiano. They were, to say the least, quite amazed to see the fans storming the field, sharing beers with the players and ripping down the goal posts.

It's one of the stories in Dobler's book "They Call Me Dirty."