Falcons shopping Pick #4

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He said 2018 where the Cardinals traded up for Rosen.

Most likely team.  The Pats and Skins may also be interested.  Dark horse teams could be Minnesota and Pittsburgh.

I know. just joking around/being pedantic since "their" QB was drafted the year after. But they did draft "A" QB in Rosen. 

13 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Two time Pro Bowl LB Tremaine Edmunds straight up?? 

I would trade Edmunds for a 3rd round pick at this point.  Start by asking for a 2nd and settle on a 3rd, hopefully a high 3rd.  Get rid of his mediocre play and his potentially high 5th year option.  Don't sleep on Tyrell Adams.  Edmunds needs competition for the starting position.  Adams will hopefully give him that and then some.    

• Vomit 2

15 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

You had me until you said throw in Edmunds. If we could get Pitts for pick 30, 93 and next years first I’d be all in but that’s a pipe dream

same, I'm not an "Edmunds is amazing we should pay him" guy, but I don't like creating a hole on defense either.  

• Like (+1) 2

The Falcons are likely going to want this years 1st, 2nd and 3rd along with Edumonds and a 2022 1st and a 2023 2nd to go all the way from 4 to 30. I don’t like the idea of giving up all of that for one non-Qb player but especially for a TE. Just take the best player there at pick 30.

17 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

That would be just like the Sammy Watkins debacle where we gave up TWO first round picks. No thanks. 

I thought the Bills swapped 1st rd picks with Cleveland and gave them our 1st, 4th the following season?

12 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

We pick 30th and will pick late next year so a hard no Atlanta would never do that deal.  As far as Watkins, we didn’t give up two 1’s.  We swapped 9th to 4th and gave up 1 1st round pick the next year, plus the other stuff.

Thank you!!! Facts are important!!!

6 hours ago, dneveu said:

I'm not like, afraid of him at the same time?  I think he certainly has traits vernon davis didn't have, but davis ran a sub 4.4 40, was super strong and honestly a very good player.  Davis was also never first team all-pro.  

They'd also be taking snaps away from Geisicki, whos honestly really good.  Smythe is also better than they give credit.

I saw the fuller deal as a placeholder for their WR, so i expect them to go WR.  

Just as long as Tua is throwing the ball will be ok , if Miami makes a move for D Watson or R Wilson that would become a little scary and they still have plenty of ammunition to get it done 

50 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I thought the Bills swapped 1st rd picks with Cleveland and gave them our 1st, 4th the following season?

Thank you!!! Facts are important!!!

Well, shredder appropriately scolded me (just kidding shredder) for not hi jacking this into a Sammy trade debacle thread.  He was right, so I’ll shut up at this point.  Thanks Solly.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Putin said:

Just as long as Tua is throwing the ball will be ok , if Miami makes a move for D Watson or R Wilson that would become a little scary and they still have plenty of ammunition to get it done 

😅

22 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

same, I'm not an "Edmunds is amazing we should pay him" guy, but I don't like creating a hole on defense either.  

This is where I am. He makes enough plays to be a starter in this league, but he’s not someone you break the bank for. Like you, I just don’t love the idea of needing to find a starting mlb. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 4/5/2021 at 9:35 PM, wagne591 said:

Get it done Beane!!!! we can give the dirty birds this years first and next years first along with a third and a late rounder in either year so we can get Pitts. I know we need some D but this guy has all the tools to make our Offense even better. We wont be getting starters with later first round picks anyway not with this roster. But if we get Pitts we get a starting TE. Thoughts.....

I would even throw in Edmonds in on the deal and draft a MLB in the second round!!!

That's....sarcasm, right?

On 4/5/2021 at 10:35 PM, wagne591 said:

Get it done Beane!!!! we can give the dirty birds this years first and next years first along with a third and a late rounder in either year so we can get Pitts. I know we need some D but this guy has all the tools to make our Offense even better. We wont be getting starters with later first round picks anyway not with this roster. But if we get Pitts we get a starting TE. Thoughts.....

I would even throw in Edmonds in on the deal and draft a MLB in the second round!!!

Has any team ever moved up 26 picks in the first round before? And if so, have they ever been heard from again?

No GM would ever make this deal. Well........maybe Gettleman, if another GM bluffs him into it.

9 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Has any team ever moved up 26 picks in the first round before? And if so, have they ever been heard from again?

No GM would ever make this deal. Well........maybe Gettleman, if another GM bluffs him into it.

Gettleman doesn't trade.

6 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Teams at #30 dont move to 4.

They would probably need to make a series of moves to incrementally climb up the draft board.  The aggregate being too pricey

They can move into the teens and try to get one of those big CBs. (Horn, Surtain, Farley)

Omg. You people are starting to make me dislike Kyle Pitts just by association with these ridiculous ideas.

He won't fall anywhere near a level worth giving up what it would take to get him. You don't trade 3 firsts - which would be the absolute minimum - for a Tight End. I don't care how good of a Tight End prospect he is, you just don't. 

• Agree 1

On 4/5/2021 at 10:35 PM, wagne591 said:

This just doesn't seem like Beanes style, I mean if he did then he might know something that I don't. I would be upset, but I would also trust the process and hope for the best. I just don't see this happening all in all.

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Omg. You people are starting to make me dislike Kyle Pitts just by association with these ridiculous ideas.

He won't fall anywhere near a level worth giving up what it would take to get him. You don't trade 3 firsts - which would be the absolute minimum - for a Tight End. I don't care how good of a Tight End prospect he is, you just don't. 

I'm sure its not an expert comparison and two different players but I cant help but remember that Ebron was also tapped for greatness at the tight end position. A lot of people wouldnt have minded us trading up for him either. I don't think he was a game changer for any of the teams he has been on. The hype is crazy and leads people do pay inflated costs for a "sure thing", dont be crazy Beane.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Thank you (+1) 1