Falcons shopping Pick #4

11 hours ago, wagne591 said:

Get it done Beane!!!! we can give the dirty birds this years first and next years first along with a third and a late rounder in either year so we can get Pitts. I know we need some D but this guy has all the tools to make our Offense even better. We wont be getting starters with later first round picks anyway not with this roster. But if we get Pitts we get a starting TE. Thoughts.....

I would even throw in Edmonds in on the deal and draft a MLB in the second round!!!

If the Falcons were to agree to that the Bills should do it, then trade back for more draft capital which would be more representative of the value of the #4 pick.   The package presented would be an out and out theft!  Unfortunately, no way the Falcons would go for it.

10 hours ago, wagne591 said:

Get it done Beane!!!! we can give the dirty birds this years first and next years first along with a third and a late rounder in either year so we can get Pitts. I know we need some D but this guy has all the tools to make our Offense even better. We wont be getting starters with later first round picks anyway not with this roster. But if we get Pitts we get a starting TE. Thoughts.....

I would even throw in Edmonds in on the deal and draft a MLB in the second round!!!

I don't like trading multiple firsts for non-QBs.  Let alone the massive capital it would take to get to 4 (pick 30, 1st rounder in 2022, probably 2 2nd's as well since we pick late in 2021, and the assumption would be that they pick late again in 2022.  

While the team looks close to set for this year and next, trading all of your picks means in 2023 you are lacking quality players to step in when other players walk - Hughes, Addison, morse, mongo, williams, beasely, Hyde, Poyer etc.  Big extensions looming for Allen, possibly Edmunds, means the pool of money for free agents gets smaller and smaller.  You also are less likely to have young star players along the line. 

And sometimes players don't work out - Epenesa, Oliver, Ford haven't really contributed too much yet, and you can't just assume they'll make a jump.  

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

This sucks a 4th QB will be taken before pick # 6 I really don’t want to see Pitts in Miami , I was kind of hoping he would go to the Falcons 

I'm not like, afraid of him at the same time?  I think he certainly has traits vernon davis didn't have, but davis ran a sub 4.4 40, was super strong and honestly a very good player.  Davis was also never first team all-pro.  

They'd also be taking snaps away from Geisicki, whos honestly really good.  Smythe is also better than they give credit.

I saw the fuller deal as a placeholder for their WR, so i expect them to go WR.  

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think they are in the Quarterback market. I think they should be, but my instinct is they are gonna stick with Lock another year.

Given Elway’s track record of QB’s, I’ll agree that he is going to stick with Lock and hope he was finally right on a QB evaluation. 

Just now, HOUSE said:

I highly doubt every Bills selection has a chance to make this years team. Also, Beane is signing a lot of depth players this year.

So.........I think the Bills trade up somewhere near mid first round

I think DT/DE is possible and needed.  As well as CB.  Oline depth is also something to build upon.  Safety could use some youth or a "big nickel".  Probably not all roster players necessarily right out of the gate, but 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Given Elway’s track record of QB’s, I’ll agree that he is going to stick with Lock and hope he was finally right on a QB evaluation. 

I would wait.  I haven't seen much from lock, but do you really want the 4th best QB in the class?  Lawrence, Wilson, ????.  I think 49ers take Lance?  But it could be fields or Jones I guess.  

As for Atlanta, if they are not selecting a Quarterback and are picking at #4 they should pick Patrick Surtain. Corner has been a problem forever in that defense and I know not everyone does but I have Surtain as absolutely worth a top 5 pick. 

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

I would wait.  I haven't seen much from lock, but do you really want the 4th best QB in the class?  Lawrence, Wilson, ????.  I think 49ers take Lance?  But it could be fields or Jones I guess.  

The 4th best QB in this class might well be the 2nd best QB next year though.... these 4 are decent prospects. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

As for Atlanta, if they are not selecting a Quarterback and are picking at #4 they should pick Patrick Surtain. Corner has been a problem forever in that defense and I know not everyone does but I have Surtain as absolutely worth a top 5 pick. 

The 4th best QB in this class might well be the 2nd best QB next year though.... these 4 are decent prospects. 

Very true - if you can sit at 8 or 9 or wherever they pick and get him.  Moving up in the top 10 is expensive.  Depends who goes at 3 I think too.  

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

We pick 30th and will pick late next year so a hard no Atlanta would never do that deal.  As far as Watkins, we didn’t give up two 1’s.  We swapped 9th to 4th and gave up 1 1st round pick the next year, plus the other stuff.

Oh Lord, please dont set off this argument again 😆 (just kidding i agree, but i remember 30 pages of this argument back in the day)

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, wagne591 said:

who was it we drafted at around 27 in the first round in the deal with KC.....iirc is name is Tre......

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Oh Lord, please dont set off this argument again 😆 (just kidding i agree, but i remember 30 pages of this argument back in the day)

mea culpa oh great one.  This crap annoys me when it’s false news.  I won’t respond anymore.  My pledge shredder.

• Haha (+1) 1

You don’t trade this for a TE.  

TE is one of the hardest picks and riskiest picks to do in the first half of round 1 other than QB in hitting on vs big bust

Watkins was fine to do.  Injuries you can’t forecast.

• Like (+1) 1

Atlanta was winning 28-3 late in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl. 

After blowing most of the lead, they were still up 8 points with only about 2:30 to go in the game, with a 1st and 10 on the NE 23 (ish) after a crazy catch by Julio Jones. 

They could have taken 3 knees and kicked the FG and they are SB champs as they would be up 11 with less than 2 to go and NE with 0 timeouts. As it was, NE tied the game right at the very end, and needed every second to do it. Even if they missed the FG they burn time or timeouts and still win anyway. 

But being the Falcons, they lost. That's all anyone should ever know about the Falcons. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1