Jets' draft ammo is crazy right now

9 hours ago, mannc said:

Newsflash!  The Jets' front office that squandered all that draft capital on Sam Darnold is, like Darnold himself, gone.  There is no reason to believe that Douglas will do as poorly as their last GM.  Nor is there any reason to believe Wilson will be as disappointing as Darnold.

Newsflash! With this amazing new Joe Douglas potion they have, they went 2-14 while holding on to Adam Gase for some reason and being the biggest clown show in the league. This might sound crazy, but I'm going to bet with the exact same ownership as they've had the last 20 years, they're probably going to continue to do the same thing they did the last 20 years. A GM change doesn't make franchises like the Jets competent over night. 

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Newsflash! With this amazing new Joe Douglas potion they have, they went 2-14 while holding on to Adam Gase for some reason and being the biggest clown show in the league. This might sound crazy, but I'm going to bet with the exact same ownership as they've had the last 20 years, they're probably going to continue to do the same thing they did the last 20 years. A GM change doesn't make franchises like the Jets competent over night. 

And yet you're willing to condemn Douglas for the Jets' record in his first year, with a coach he didn't hire and a QB he didn't draft...interesting thought process...

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

And yet you're willing to condemn Douglas for the Jets' record in his first year, with a coach he didn't hire and a QB he didn't draft...interesting thought process...

Why would he keep Gase?  Did he want to be fair to gase?  Did he think Gase was a good coach and could win?  Did he think that keeping Gase would get him a top pick and a chance to draft his next QB?  We’ll never know the answer, but if he kept Gase for any other reason than he was hoping to tank, he’ll probably fail alongside Woody.  I was in shock (and happy) when he kept him on this season

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why would he keep Gase?  Did he want to be fair to gase?  Did he think Gase was a good coach and could win?  Did he think that keeping Gase would get him a top pick and a chance to draft his next QB?  We’ll never know the answer, but if he kept Gase for any other reason than he was hoping to tank, he’ll probably fail alongside Woody.  I was in shock (and happy) when he kept him on this season

If I had to guess, i would say it was because the owner didn't want to fire Gase after only one season and told Douglas he couldn't fire him.  

On 4/5/2021 at 5:30 PM, Rc2catch said:

I think the Jets are going to be a real tough team. Run the ball, play solid D. They are gonna build the trenches which is one of my favorite ways teams build. They will not be an easy two wins every season. Their front office is a joke, but the next two years minimum there’s gonna be 50+ guys who will be ready to go to war for Saleh. 

Yeah you can tell that Saleh is going to bring an inspired brand of football.