Jets' draft ammo is crazy right now

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I thought he had a decent rookie season, not so much in his 2nd and looked pretty darn good last season, especially down the stretch. I really don't get all the Mayfield hate, especially after how sensitive Bills fans are about any criticism Allen took prior to this season. 

You seem frustrated. And I don’t hate Mayfield. I’m just not that impressed with either Baker or his team. They’re good. Nothing great. 

Breathe. Don’t take it so personally. 

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I think the Jets are going to be a real tough team. Run the ball, play solid D. They are gonna build the trenches which is one of my favorite ways teams build. They will not be an easy two wins every season. Their front office is a joke, but the next two years minimum there’s gonna be 50+ guys who will be ready to go to war for Saleh. 

I’m with you he will build a defense and that alone can be a handful. Seeing Tampa bay super bowl win 

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I would say I’m more worried about Miami for the future then I am the Jets. Miami is more loaded than the Jets.

True, but IMO Wilson has a better chance of becoming a franchise QB than Tua does.  If Wilson is a as good as advertised, the Jets will become a problem.

2 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

That is a good chunk of picks.  Let's see how they draft and develop.  Douglas is putting a lot of faith in whoever they pick as their rookie QB.

So far, Douglas looks like he knows what he’s doing. He’s got a lot to work with in the next two years.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

You seem frustrated. And I don’t hate Mayfield. I’m just not that impressed with either Baker or his team. They’re good. Nothing great. 

Breathe. Don’t take it so personally. 

I'm fine, just don't understand how some people can't see past the Bills and recognize much else.

We have talked about how much draft capital the Browns have had for like half the past decade. And only last year did they finally break their own post season drought.

So maybe in 5 years the Jets will have gotten somewhere. Or, they'll still be looking for their QB like they have for the past 50 years.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They really didn’t do much when he was with them. They haven’t developed since Namath was with them

So a team that was 1-15 in 1996, he took in 1997 9-7, 12-4 in 1998, made it to the championship game, and then 8-8.  His problem after the Giants is he would get bored and moved from team to team.  He also previously took the Pats to the SB with Bledsoe.

We’ll see what Salah does as he was a good DC.  Sometimes these guys make the leap like McD, and sometimes not.  I think he will in time turn that team around.  Douglas needs to hit on that drat capital.  As it stands he has 21 picks over the next two years.  Miami had the same between last year and this year.  Miami spent a ton of $ last year and had 11 picks. They went from 5-11 to 10-6.  If they would e let Fitzy continue, they probably would’ve won another game and make the playoffs.  They now have 10 picks.

The AFCE will become more competitive over the next couple of years and I welcome it.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The difference between the Bills and Browns is Josh Allen...otherwise the two teams are pretty damn close talent wise....one could argue the Browns have the more talented roster. 

Well - we certainly know which Team you’d argue is better. 

5 hours ago, klos63 said:

I'm fine, just don't understand how some people can't see past the Bills and recognize much else.

Oh, I see. Some don’t share your viewpoint therefore that opinion is invalid. Got it. 

5 hours ago, klos63 said:

I think some people can and most realize Cleveland is 100% driven by the RBs in that offense.  Mayfield played well for stretches as a game manager, but Chubb and Hunt moved the offense.

When Cleveland fell behind and had to rely on Mayfield they were an average to below average team all season.

To me the biggest difference between the 2 teams is QB play and Mayfield can get better, but that team will only go as far as the RBs take it.

11 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I saw this on the Jets' message board today posted there by someone named Falco21.  Thought it was pretty eye opening.

"Pretty crazy the draft picks JD has accumulated now:

1st
1st
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
5th
5th
6th
6th

1st
1st
2nd
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
5th
6th
6th
6th"

At this point the Jets are projected to have $73 million in 2022 cap space.   https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-york-jets/

Let's hope that Joe Douglas is a horrible talent evaluator...    😳

This concerns me to a degree. The Buffalo Bills proved to me that a team cannot stay lousy forever.

The truth is that both the Jets and the Dolphins are in good positions for the future.

I hope that we win multiple suoer bowls and do it soon.

9 hours ago, Rico said:

I bet if the Bills traded Josh, Diggs, & Tre that they could do better than that.

I get the point your making but you don't trade Josh period.  He could end up being one of the top 3 QB's in the league for the next 15 years. 

Everything hangs on a decent QB. They miss that, and it'll be round and round again.

Even if they hit some others with the rest of the picks, they'll end up leaving when this QB gets traded and around we go again.

12 hours ago, klos63 said:

They didn't get beat by Chad Henne, KC was up 9 and in FG range when Henne came in, up 12 after that drive.  The fact that Cleveland could score enough is no reflection on how Henne played or how cleveland defended against him.  Henne got the save, not the win.

another view through Bills colored glasses.

They did, actually, get beat by Chad henne. Not sure why you are digging for excuses for the browns, they lost the game because they didn’t make enough plays. It’s compounded by the fact that they had over a quarter Of Chad henne and couldn’t squeak past his heroic “save”. Sure Higgins is an idiot as well, but he’s part of their team so he’s one of the ones who didnt make the play when he needed to. Your opinion that the browns should have been in the afc championship is one I really haven’t even heard from browns homers. They got outcoached and outplayed. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They did, actually, get beat by Chad henne. Not sure why you are digging for excuses for the browns, they lost the game because they didn’t make enough plays. It’s compounded by the fact that they had over a quarter Of Chad henne and couldn’t squeak past his heroic “save”. Sure Higgins is an idiot as well, but he’s part of their team so he’s one of the ones who didnt make the play when he needed to. Your opinion that the browns should have been in the afc championship is one I really haven’t even heard from browns homers. They got outcoached and outplayed. 

They were much more competitive against KC than we were.

4 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Well - we certainly know which Team you’d argue is better. 

Oh, I see. Some don’t share your viewpoint therefore that opinion is invalid. Got it. 

Not invalid, I just disagree with it.  Bills are the best and damn anyone that says any other team is good too.  Is that better?

Hmm... alright, so they have the #2 overall pick which they're going to use on a QB.

They have nobody around him right now and an extra 1st, 3rd and 5th this year.

Lets rewind to 2018.

The Jets had the 2018 6th overall pick, two second round picks, and another 2019 second round pick.

They traded all of that to the Colts to get up to pick #3 to get Sam Darnold. They didn't have anyone else around him.

The rest of their draft picks that year were Nathan Shepherd, Chris Herndon, Parry Nickerson, Folorunso Fatukasi. and Trenton Cannon.

I will be shocked if any of those players are starters in 3 years.

All that Draft Capital and nothing to show for it. The Jets are a completely inept franchise and unless they have a McDermott/Beane type combo in their front office, they will continue to squander any opportunity they might have to actually develop talent.