Jets' draft ammo is crazy right now

I saw this on the Jets' message board today posted there by someone named Falco21.  Thought it was pretty eye opening.

"Pretty crazy the draft picks JD has accumulated now:

1st
1st
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
5th
5th
6th
6th

1st
1st
2nd
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
5th
6th
6th
6th"

At this point the Jets are projected to have $73 million in 2022 cap space.   https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-york-jets/

Let's hope that Joe Douglas is a horrible talent evaluator...    😳

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I saw this on the Jets' message board today posted there by someone named Falco21.  Thought it was pretty eye opening.

"Pretty crazy the draft picks JD has accumulated now:

1st
1st
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
5th
5th
6th
6th

1st
1st
2nd
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
5th
6th
6th
6th"

At this point the Jets are projected to have $73 million in 2022 cap space.   https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-york-jets/

Let's hope that Joe Douglas is a horrible talent evaluator...    😳

I would say I’m more worried about Miami for the future then I am the Jets. Miami is more loaded than the Jets.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Nervous, I am not. The Jets are gonna Jets. 

giphy.gif

(Just the way you worded this sentence reminded me of Yoda lol)

Edited by DJB
  • Haha (+1) 2

I think the Jets are going to be a real tough team. Run the ball, play solid D. They are gonna build the trenches which is one of my favorite ways teams build. They will not be an easy two wins every season. Their front office is a joke, but the next two years minimum there’s gonna be 50+ guys who will be ready to go to war for Saleh. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Won’t matter without the QB.... maybe Wilson’s that guy.

Maybe, but Google tells me he’s 209 lbs. That would concern me if I were a Jets fan. 

I trust our FO MUCH MORE than the Jets. Please, mess this up! We deserve that! 

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting stuff. Thanks.

Ever since I saw the Browns accumulate the biggest pile of draft picks the football world has ever seen and then promptly waste all of them a few years back...I'm less "wowed" by teams accumulating draft picks. 

Showing that they actually know how to USE the picks, and then developing and retaining those players...Now THAT will be impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

All the draft ammo and they probably take another #3/4 receiver with hamstring problems. 

The Jets are last in the division for a reason. Miami and NE are both tougher challenges now and in the foreseeable future.