Darnold to the Panthers

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

We will see .. and yes the Jets absolutely ruined Darnold , and many talented quarterbacks have been ruined... David Carr was twice the quarterback of his brother... And Derek's on a 10 year good career... David just got ruined by a expansion franchise

If he(Darnold) came to the bills he would be a really good quarterback. Maybe not at the tier Allen's at now, but that's because Allen had a higher ceiling

But Donald absolutely got ruined in New York 

And by all accounts the bills did have darnold number one and Josh Allen number 2 on their board

The fate of many players careers rest on where they go on draft night. Every single player from the first pick to last undrafted free agent is extremely talented 

It's always circumstances

There’s really no evidence to suggest that Darnold—or David Carr—was ruined.  Darnold played with the Jets the same way he played his last year at USC—terrible ball security and no standout skills. If he tears it up in Carolina, I’ll revisit this opinion, but I doubt I’ll have to.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

There’s really no evidence to suggest that Darnold—or David Carr—was ruined.  Darnold played with the Jets the same way he played his last year at USC—terrible ball security and no standout skills. If he tears it up in Carolina, I’ll revisit this opinion, but I doubt I’ll have to.

By most scouts darnold is a higher graded quarterback than Zach Wilson coming out 

They aren't replacing Donald with a magically better quarterback

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

By most scouts darnold is a higher graded quarterback than Zach Wilson coming out 

Haha Kiper just said that too - Darnold would be the 2nd Qb in this draft 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t believe that’s true.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/zach-wilson/32005749-4c82-7119-d27e-724ec33f130b

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnold/32004441-5246-6141-9e5c-6e7d32a03e33

And I could pull up a lot more comparisons, but this is the head of NFL scouting and his grade..

Wilson, boom or bust 6.5

Darnold, pro bowl talent 7.1

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If Wilson lives up to his pre-draft hype though, he'll be a star in the Big Apple. He has the personality and looks that Madison Avenue loves. Darnold seems like a nice guy but not the right demeanor for NYC and NJ, IMO.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Haha Kiper just said that too - Darnold would be the 2nd Qb in this draft 

I assume he’s talking about Darnold’s draft grade, which, after three years of lousy play, we now know was wildly inflated.  And we now know what Darnold is worth on the trade market—not much. So I’m not sure what Mel’s point was.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/zach-wilson/32005749-4c82-7119-d27e-724ec33f130b

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnold/32004441-5246-6141-9e5c-6e7d32a03e33

And I could pull up a lot more comparisons, but this is the head of NFL scouting and his grade..

Wilson, boom or bust 6.5

Darnold, pro bowl talent 7.1

That’s one scout.  What did he think of Josh Allen?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

I assume he’s talking about Darnold’s draft grade, which, after three years of lousy play, we now know was wildly inflated.  And we now know what Darnold is worth on the trade market—not much. So I’m not sure what Mel’s point was.

He's one of the more respected evaluators that is public

I'm not saying I loved Sam darnold, I'm saying the consensus in The scouting community is he was a better prospect than Wilson coming out 

Wilson has a really high ceiling but he has a really low floor

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m pretty sure he meant right now. Because he’s only 23 and now has 3 years of playing experience.

21 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m not saying darnold was great but the guy had 0 talent around him. If your going to take a QB that hi in the draft at least get him some WR. 

He's one of the most respected scouts, and I still do too

I'm not saying I loved Sam darnold, I'm saying the consensus in The scouting community is he was a better prospect than Wilson

And I’m saying one scout’s opinion does not equal a consensus.  Chris Simms, who’s got as good a record as anyone evaluating QBs for the draft, gives Wilson the highest grade of any QB the last two years—ahead of Burrow, Herbert and Lawrence—all of whom he liked a lot.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m pretty sure he meant right now. Because he’s only 23 and now has 3 years of playing experience.

Then why did Darnold return so little in trade, and why aren’t the Jets sticking with him over Wilson?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

And I’m saying one scout’s opinion does not equal a consensus.  Chris Simms, who’s got as good a record as anyone evaluating QBs for the draft, gives Wilson the highest grade of any QB the last two years—ahead of Burrow, Herbert and Lawrence—all of whom he liked a lot.

Yeah I know that's a little absurd. I've seen Trevor Lawrence live and he was the best quarterback I've ever seen at that age

NFL scouts wouldve taken him in the first round out of high school 

And there's a lot more than one scout that has a higher grade on Darnold than they did Wilson, which is why I mentioned it

Yeah I know that's a little absurd. I've seen Trevor Lawrence live and he was the best quarterback I've ever seen at that age

NFL scouts wouldve taken him in the first round out of high school 

And there's a lot more than one scout that has a higher grade on Darnold than they did Wilson, which is why I mentioned it

And according to Simms, there is more than one scout who has Wilson ranked ahead of Lawrence.  

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

Then why did Darnold return so little in trade, and why aren’t the Jets sticking with him over Wilson?

I’m just telling you what he said, I don’t know anything about Wilson.  Orlovsky said it was to re-set the financials at the qb position there. The obvious answer is that the Jets have Wilson graded higher. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

And according to Simms, there is more than one scout who has Wilson ranked ahead of Lawrence.  

Unless they go out on the record it means nothing. You always hear absurd takes pre-draft

Unless somebody puts their name to it and goes on the record it means nothing.. and I don't personally know any scouts that have Wilson ahead of Trevor Lawrence 

If everything goes right for Wilson he could be favre esque , but he also could be JP losman, who threw a football like a Greek god and was very athletic.. 

Edited by Buffalo716

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Who cares?  He’ll never be a starter in the NFL again.

Meh hes a better tyrod. Someone will snag him. Very serviceable. Watched alot of carolina last year and he was far from the problem. Itll be an open competition and it wouldnt shock me if teddy b won

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

I just read one article about it saying they expect Darnold to start over Bridgewater.  

Was Teddy that bad last year?

No. I dont believe that at all. And i dont think the compensation forces them to start him either

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Meh hes a better tyrod. Someone will snag him. Very serviceable. Watched alot of carolina last year and he was far from the problem. Itll be an open competition and it wouldnt shock me if teddy b won

No. I dont believe that at all. And i dont think the compensation forces them to start him either

Tyrod will never be a starter again either.