Darnold to the Panthers

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL I'm sitting in my office, and I can see 4 different colors on the wall from here.  I'd be over there with a paint tray and a roller.

Darnold had everything removed from the walls so the ghosts couldn’t hide behind the paintings.

On 4/7/2021 at 2:43 PM, Buffalo716 said:

In his terms he was basically calling him a generational prospect, and thatt he could be better than luck

He showed the potential before going down with that injury in ‘17 as he was the MVP front runner.  He could very well turn it around in Indy.  I’d pry bet on Wentz having a better shot at resurrecting his career than Darnold.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He showed the potential before going down with that injury in ‘17 as he was the MVP front runner.  He could very well turn it around in Indy.  I’d pry bet on Wentz having a better shot at resurrecting his career than Darnold.

Oooh.  That's a tough one.

I'm actually gonna go with Darnold, I think.  Darnold has a great arm, it's his mental ability to read the field and react that seems to be the question.  He didn't look as bad his first year, so I'm gonna go with the Gasebuster effect.

Wentz last year was just a hot mess.  His technique had fallen apart, and he wasn't making good decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Well at least wentz had something promising going at one point 

The most promising night of Darnolds career was probably draft night... iirc he started his career with a pick six

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oooh.  That's a tough one.

I'm actually gonna go with Darnold, I think.  Darnold has a great arm, it's his mental ability to read the field and react that seems to be the question.  He didn't look as bad his first year, so I'm gonna go with the Gasebuster effect.

Wentz last year was just a hot mess.  His technique had fallen apart, and he wasn't making good decisions.

They both landed in good spots but Indy’s superior o-line gives me more hope for Wentz who’ve I’d at least seen elite play from. 

I was never high on Darnold as he never did well under duress even at USC.  I think only blaming Gase for his poor play is letting him off the hook a bit.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

The most promising night of Darnolds career was probably draft night... iirc he started his career with a pick six.

• Like (+1) 3

On 4/8/2021 at 10:11 PM, Buffalo716 said:

The most promising night of Darnolds career was probably draft night... iirc he started his career with a pick six

He started his career with a pick 6, but it was the only pick he threw that game.  He passed for 2 TDs, completed 76% of his passes, and the Jets won 48-17 (I looked that all up)

I thought he has had a handful of games where he looked pretty good - maybe 4 his rookie season, 3 his 2nd season.  The point is he arguably improved slightly from Year 1 to Year 2 but by Year 3 he was clearly on a downward trend. 

I honestly blame Gase.  When you have two different QBs who look OK your first year then tank, I see a pattern.  Tannehill had a rennaissance in Tenn, we'll see what happens for Darnold.

• Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He started his career with a pick 6, but it was the only pick he threw that game.  He passed for 2 TDs, completed 76% of his passes, and the Jets won 48-17 (I looked that all up)

I thought he has had a handful of games where he looked pretty good - maybe 4 his rookie season, 3 his 2nd season.  The point is he arguably improved slightly from Year 1 to Year 2 but by Year 3 he was clearly on a downward trend. 

I honestly blame Gase.  When you have two different QBs who look OK your first year then tank, I see a pattern.  Tannehill had a rennaissance in Tenn, we'll see what happens for Darnold.

No absolutely. It's been a slow regression for Sam darnold 

The Jets haven't helped him out at all

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah like when the bills were a mess for 20 years .. it's because the organization was a mess internally

The pegulas literally gutted the entire organization

OK. Just trying to find out what era of the Bills you meant.

As for gutting the entire organization, I’m not sure about that claim. They kept Whaley and a lot of the front office people including Brandon who they were later forced to fire, and then later fired Whaley and had to correct their mistake after hiring Rex.  Fortunately it was just a two-year hiccup and they eventually hired all the right people.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

OK. Just trying to find out what era of the Bills you meant.

As for gutting the entire organization, I’m not sure about that claim. They kept Whaley and a lot of the front office people including Brandon who they were later forced to fire, and then later fired Whaley and had to correct their mistake after hiring Rex.  Fortunately it was just a two-year hiccup and they eventually hired all the right people.

I mean it takes time to gut an organization you can't do it overnight. You also need to assess people that you might want to keep... Whaley was prolly one of those guys to assess

Jim monos, player personnel director, fired, 

Kelvin fisher, director of amateur scouting, fired 

Half of our scouting staff fired 

Bringing in joe schoen as assistant GM 

Malik Boyd as new director of pro personnel 

Bringing in dan morgan as director of player personnel

Firing brandon and also bringing in Brian Gaine 

Can't do it overnight but a lot has happened internally.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Just listened to Darnold on WFNZ get interviewed by the afternoon guys.

What a MilqueToast!!!!

Literally gave me flashbacks of Rob Johnson.

He isn’t a leader.

I thought that going back to his usc days. Always looked bored and ho hum on sidelines while losing. No fire. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1