Darnold to the Panthers

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

What a return on their investment. :lol:

If Darnold gets them a 6th, now they know that they can trade Zach Wilson in 3 years for a 5th!

Just now, whatdrought said:

Well cool, now I can root for Darnold to be amazing. 

Also, it was barely a conversation anymore, but now it's definite: Desaun aint gettin traded. 

Looks like McNair's plan worked! <tinfoilhat.emoji>

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, Virgil said:

I just read one article about it saying they expect Darnold to start over Bridgewater.  

Was Teddy that bad last year?

Teddy was good/very good the first half of the year and then he collapsed. I think the offense was well built and user friendly and made him look good and then defenses caught up. 

Every panthers game I watched was him having the ball and a timeout or two and 50-120 seconds to go 70 yards to tie/win and he just looked awful every single time. 

This is such a dumb trade for the Panthers. They just traded valuable picks for a QB that has practically zero chance of ever leading a team to a Super Bowl. They should have used those picks as part of package to trade up for a QB this year or next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hope Darnold turns into a fantastic QB in Carolina and Zach Wilson flames out spectacularly for the Jets.  

scha·den·freu·de

/ˈSHädənˌfroidə/

noun

pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Where does Bridgewater go now. Bridgewater in NE makes sense. 

Their is a town in Massachusettes called Bridgewater that is 30 minutes away from Gillette. He was born to be a NE QB (that we dominate the next few years 😁)

1 minute ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Darnold was on a crappy team.  He has natural talent.  I think it's a great move for him.  Much like Trubisky to the Bills, except we didn't have to give up anything.  

And they are paying Darnold a lot more money 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is such a dumb trade for the Panthers. They just traded valuable picks for a QB that has practically zero chance of ever leading a team to a Super Bowl. They should have used those picks as part of package to trade up for a QB this year or next year.

I'm not saying Darnold will bounce back, but Tannehill is the obvious comp. Getting out of that dumpster fire might do wonders for him. 

Besides, my best guess on this is that they held the "we want desaun card" so tightly that they got out maneuvered by SF and now that DW is clearly not an option they had to fold that hand and get something. 4th best QB in the class isn't worth it if you're not in love with him. 

This is also stoking my newly found "Justin Fields to the Broncos" idea that I love. 

• Like (+1) 3