Draft trade thought -- complete & total "what if"

Let’s remove Pitts from the scenario since that isn’t happening.

is there another player worth trading up 5-10 spots which includes Edmunds, our first, and more? Would you do it for Phillips?

Edited by The Governor
  • Vomit 1

18 hours ago, glazeduck said:

I'm very much not that guy. I think Tre can still be special and have said as much on this board numerous times. BUT, he's going to start getting expensive, and Kyle Pitts is equally, if not even more special. 

If we can get Pitts and replace Edmunds with a serviceable replacement at a lower cost, that's a win to me.

what is a "serviceable replacement"? Why do you care about costs? We have a very capable GM to handle the cap.

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Any thread that starts out with the ole "Hear me out....." is destined to be a gem. :thumbsup:

I agree, usually quite the ride and loads of fun haha.  

Is this a good time to mention my perfect record though on starting "Hear me out" threads haha 🤣😂🤣.  I've only started 2 though, the Zay Jones thread and last year when we were 7-3 and I started a hear me out thread about how we could win out and finish 13-3.  

• Haha (+1) 1

My opinion on this has already been made aware.

Doing all these mocks and reading the write ups of these players of strengths and weaknesses. I started thinking why we drafted Edmonds. And now I know why.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018tremaineedmunds.php

Watch what film you can find.

So why in god's name hasn't he been our man up tight end eliminator that we've needed. Why isn't he playing Sam on downs 1 and 2 and wil on third. He can supposedly cover TE's one on one while also possessing the skill to rush the passer. Can you say miscast as MLB. Maybe we need to switch things up and take Bolton or Moses for his spot and move him outside. The film i watched of him was 70-30 olb- mlb kind of a highbred, correct me if I'm wrong. But it seems like your limiting his gifts by playing him solely at MLB. I love the guy and glad he's a bill but we should be making better use of his skillset than we have. I mean come on he's 6'5"256lbs who runs as fast as any te with longer than most arms, are his hips that stiff that coaching and yoga couldn't have helped, not to mention what he offers as a pass rusher with his length and speed. he could've switched to te and had a great career. Your thoughts ?

Let's take bolton and move TE to SLB and then coverage LB on 3rd down. Which is why we drafted him in the first place. Square peg, round hole. With his length and speed he would've probably led us in sacks last year.

12 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

My opinion on this has already been made aware.

Doing all these mocks and reading the write ups of these players of strengths and weaknesses. I started thinking why we drafted Edmonds. And now I know why.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018tremaineedmunds.php

Watch what film you can find.

So why in god's name hasn't he been our man up tight end eliminator that we've needed. Why isn't he playing Sam on downs 1 and 2 and wil on third. He can supposedly cover TE's one on one while also possessing the skill to rush the passer. Can you say miscast as MLB. Maybe we need to switch things up and take Bolton or Moses for his spot and move him outside. The film i watched of him was 70-30 olb- mlb kind of a highbred, correct me if I'm wrong. But it seems like your limiting his gifts by playing him solely at MLB. I love the guy and glad he's a bill but we should be making better use of his skillset than we have. I mean come on he's 6'5"256lbs who runs as fast as any te with longer than most arms, are his hips that stiff that coaching and yoga couldn't have helped, not to mention what he offers as a pass rusher with his length and speed. he could've switched to te and had a great career. Your thoughts ?

Let's take bolton and move TE to SLB and then coverage LB on 3rd down. Which is why we drafted him in the first place. Square peg, round hole. With his length and speed he would've probably led us in sacks last year.

Actually 2018 and 2019 while healthy - he was our primary middle of the field/TE defender and we were the top team against TEs including not giving up a TD in all of 2019 against a TE - I believe.

He and Milano would line up in the “A” gaps faking a blitz and sometimes both would come, sometimes one or the other, and sometimes neither.  They would then also drop into coverage giving teams fits.

Last year they struggled with the injuries and the fact that you replaced Lorenzo with Klein and Klein could not really play the outside in coverage - so actually in many games they moved Klein to the middle and moved Edmunds more outside.  Klein was better in the middle blitzing - meaning it left Edmunds trying to cover and the Bills struggled to get back to the 2 “A” gap blitz scheme until later in the season when the defense once again started to get effective.  They lost the ability to trick or deceive an offense when Klein could not cover.

I firmly believe the lack of a preseason had a huge impact on many teams - especially on defense.  The Bills among others struggled to incorporate the new players and fit them to their strengths because they just had not played together.  The defense (along with many teams defenses) got better as the season wore on and they had more practice and playing time together.  

I will allow the Defense a chance to come back and hopefully they can integrate and get aggressive and create mismatches like they did in 2019.  I am not making huge changes based upon last year until we see how things go with more practice and preseason time.

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Actually 2018 and 2019 while healthy - he was our primary middle of the field/TE defender and we were the top team against TEs including not giving up a TD in all of 2019 against a TE - I believe.

He and Milano would line up in the “A” gaps faking a blitz and sometimes both would come, sometimes one or the other, and sometimes neither.  They would then also drop into coverage giving teams fits.

Last year they struggled with the injuries and the fact that you replaced Lorenzo with Klein and Klein could not really play the outside in coverage - so actually in many games they moved Klein to the middle and moved Edmunds more outside.  Klein was better in the middle blitzing - meaning it left Edmunds trying to cover and the Bills struggled to get back to the 2 “A” gap blitz scheme until later in the season when the defense once again started to get effective.  They lost the ability to trick or deceive an offense when Klein could not cover.

I firmly believe the lack of a preseason had a huge impact on many teams - especially on defense.  The Bills among others struggled to incorporate the new players and fit them to their strengths because they just had not played together.  The defense (along with many teams defenses) got better as the season wore on and they had more practice and playing time together.  

I will allow the Defense a chance to come back and hopefully they can integrate and get aggressive and create mismatches like they did in 2019.  I am not making huge changes based upon last year until we see how things go with more practice and preseason time.

It's too bad we couldn't have interchangable LBs like we do safeties.