Who is the one player you DON’T want the Bills to draft @30

NewEra

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe, but it was reported after the SB that the Bucs used the same game plan as the Bills. I didn’t study the all-22s but that was discussed.  It really came down to execution of that plan. Tre white said the same in his interview this week. 

The Bucs were also playing against a completely different OL that had never played a game together.  Losing Fisher in the AFCCG was a huge blow that they couldn’t overcome. Lots of credit to the bucs.  Their D is more stacked than ours.

I just don’t think that “not blitzing” isn’t really the same as running the same scheme.  I’d have to look more in detail.  

I’m not saying that out D is fine.  It’s not.  I’m saying that our O isn’t fine and has a lot of room for improvement . 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

This.

What did you expect him to say?  

Players will almost always put the blame on the players.

Coaches will almost always put the blame on the coaches. 

Edited

Edited by NewEra

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Coaches will almost always put the blame on the players 

Leslie did nothing of the sort. The main idea is that (if I could find a link I would) it was reported/discussed after the SB that the Bucs used the same defensive game plan as the Bills vs the Chiefs. I can’t validate that on my own I didn’t compare the all 22s. But someone did, so just pointing it out. Tre mentioned specific plays that were there that weren’t made. The Bills simply played a bad game all around and pointing the finger at any one unit is fruitless. In the nfl It’s not who you play, it’s how you play. The bills would have lost to a lot of teams that night imho. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Coaches will almost always put the blame on the players 

I am not on about what Tre said. But I have watched that game back 3 times. Were there mistakes on coaching? Sure. But there were more in execution by the players on the field. Including some of our best players - Tre White not excluded. 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In the nfl It’s not who you play, it’s how you play. The bills would have lost to a lot of teams that night imho. 

100%. So many mistakes.

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not on about what Tre said. But I have watched that game back 3 times. Were there mistakes on coaching? Sure. But there were more in execution by the players on the field. Including some of our best players - Tre White not excluded. 

100%. So many mistakes.

there were mistakes all around.  The players sucked.  The coaching sucked. 

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Leslie did nothing of the sort. The main idea is that (if I could find a link I would) it was reported/discussed after the SB that the Bucs used the same defensive game plan as the Bills vs the Chiefs. I can’t validate that on my own I didn’t compare the all 22s. But someone did, so just pointing it out. Tre mentioned specific plays that were there that weren’t made. The Bills simply played a bad game all around and pointing the finger at any one unit is fruitless. In the nfl It’s not who you play, it’s how you play. The bills would have lost to a lot of teams that night imho. 

Lol....I meant to say the coaches will almost always put blame on the coaches 

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

100%. So many mistakes.

Meant to say coaches will always put blame on the coaches 

• Agree 1

I won’t say that I don’t want the Bills to draft him if they believe it is a good pick, but other than workout numbers, I don’t see why Jayson Oweh is considered a potential 1st round pick.  I watched all his snaps against Ohio State, Michigan and Nebraska from 2020 and I hardly saw him flash that outstanding athleticism and he wasn’t often generating much pass rush (that was evident to me).

I saw some of his field drills from his pro day and he either has improved since the end of his season or that ability doesn’t (yet) translate.  I know that he is inexperienced in football having first played as a HS Jr.  

For those that understand more of watching the film than I do, what am I missing?  It seems to me that a team that drafts him will be betting that they can coach him up considerably and to my untrained eyes, he didn’t look like he would see the field much this season.

• Agree 1

I’ll say Tyler Shelvin. Not because he’s not talented, I just think 1T is highly replaceable and almost impossible to differentiate yourself in. 

A 3rd on Shelvin feels like a waste when you can get a similar player in the 5th or 6th with a guy like Jones, Tonga or Slaton 

On 4/5/2021 at 11:23 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Rousseau is an unusual prospect.........I don't know if I would use the Cam Jordan comp, Jordan is a real powerful player..........what I think Rousseau did at a highly unusual level is tackle people that almost nobody else could have gotten their hands on.

With that length and those 11" hands he doesn't have to be in very good position to get his hands on a ball carrier and when he does it's hard to get free from those mitts.    What are "arm tackles" for some were "hand tackles" for Rousseau. 

I'm a Hurricane's fan and I've liked Rousseau more as a pro prospect than the more agile Phillips.

I think Rousseau has a chance to be a stat monster and the Bills really need that kinda' guy who gets a lot of TFL and "coverage" sacks that aren't just the occasional vulture sack.    His ability to snare QB's as they try to escape forward in the pocket is impressive........we really aren't used to seeing it done the way that he does it.

I've seen the Pierre Paul comps but Rousseau is not that athletic...........and of course HIS hands are a huge plus to his game while JPP has one hand that's barely functional.

I get what you're saying, and as a Canes fan as well. My comparison to him is more play style than statistics/career mirror. My view on him is he'd succeed at LE but not overly well as a RE. He was good on the edge vs the run which is something Cam Jordan excels at, and he can rush the passer. Rosseau is a guy that if he's there at 30 you are beyond excited because you can have him learn under Addison and Hughes for a year before it's Epenesa and Rousseau and Oliver. Plus he adds a dimension of knocked down passes.

• Like (+1) 1