Who is the one player you DON’T want the Bills to draft @30

NewEra

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Who cares about Gabriel Davis’ production?  We’re trying to win a super bowl.  Our O couldn’t do Jack vs the chiefs D TWO times last season. If we don’t draft a player because it would hurt gave davis’ production, the FO should be fired.  Luckily, they would never say or think of such nonsense

Winning a SB is the goal every season, that's not what you asked. If you don't want others opinions why ask the question?

Nevermind you weren't the guy who originally posted this, I read it wrong but it's still my answer. 

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

35 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Winning a SB is the goal every season, that's not what you asked. If you don't want others opinions why ask the question?

Nevermind you weren't the guy who originally posted this, I read it wrong but it's still my answer. 

Lol.....if you don’t want your opinion to be critiqued on a message board, you should keep your opinion to yourself.  

The reason you gave for not wanting to draft a WR is a terrible reason.  Gabe davis’ production.....is literally the only reason you gave.  

45 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Who cares about Gabriel Davis’ production?  We’re trying to win a super bowl.  Our O couldn’t do Jack vs the chiefs D TWO times last season. If we don’t draft a player because it would hurt gave davis’ production, the FO should be fired.  Luckily, they would never say or think of such nonsense

I care about Gabe Davis production.....but drafting another WR should not inhibit that

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Lol.....if you don’t want your opinion to be critiqued on a message board, you should keep your opinion to yourself.  

The reason you gave for not wanting to draft a WR is a terrible reason.  Gabe davis’ production.....is literally the only reason you gave.  

Ok man whatever you say. 

Any first round RB.

But the more I look at it, the more it seems that in the positions where we'd want to grab a guy in the first round, #30 is in no man's land.

I'm hoping they trade down if that's their best option for a pick at #30.

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Ok man whatever you say. 

in this case, yes.  Gabe Davis’ production was literally your only reason for not wanting to draft a Wr early 

On 4/7/2021 at 10:51 PM, FFadpecr said:

2nd in points (31 PPG) isn't good enough, especially when you're just 1 RB weapon away (ETN) from 37-38 PPG. 

Why settle for 30 PPG when you clearly have the potential for 40 PPG? I don't want this offense to be just good, or just great, I want it to be all-time historic. I want 40 PPG.

Adding another RB or WR weapon is more important than CB, DL, and Guard. This is a Passing Offense - the Guards are fine. Add another force multiplier to the skill positions.

You build around your franchise player. Stop overthinking it.

Second in points isn't good enough? Nonsense. Ask Tampa Bay about that. They were 3rd, but had a damn good defense as well.

And you're kidding yourself that one RB is going to crank scoring up 6 - 7 points per game to "37-38 PPG," your words. That's ridiculous.

One team in NFL history has scored more than 37 PPG, and their run game was not particularly impressive (4.1 YPC).

And with all those points they didn't win the Super Bowl.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 4/7/2021 at 2:35 PM, NewEra said:

Our offense got dominated by the chiefs in both games last season. Our offense needs to improve, not stay the same.   

Agreed.  I think dumping Brown and picking up Sanders is admission of that with Sanders being able to quickly create more separation with his footwork/route running.  I'm already salivating with 10 personnel with Beasley and Sanders lining up in the slot with Davis and Diggs on the outside.  Another way we can improve is to go back to more of a power running scheme.  That could mean drafting a potential starting guard at 30 to let him compete with Feliciano, Ford, Lamp, Boettger, etc...  Not really a fan of adding a TE as there's only so many balls to go around and I'm higher on Knox than most.  I wouldn't be adverse to drafting a WR as Beasley/Sanders will need replacements but not until the 2nd round at the earliest. 

Edited by Doc Brown

On 4/8/2021 at 3:35 AM, NewEra said:

Our offense got dominated by the chiefs in both games last season. Our offense needs to improve, not stay the same.   

Yeah.

Allen needs to keep improving. He needs to keep getting better at working with Diggs.

The intended starting OL didn't play together for a single snap. They need to do a lot better than that, and with Ford and Feliciano as the guards, they need to take advantage of that beef and aggression and improve the running game, and last year's RB rookie and 2nd year guys need to keep developing.

Were you thrilled with how the defense performed against the Chiefs? I'd argue they have to improve a lot more than the offense.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:50 PM, GunnerBill said:

They are harder to find at #30, for sure. But there will be guys taken after that pick who are difference makers as rookies.

Our best bet for difference makers remains in house guys stepping up. 

They have interesting mock on Jetnation, where all players generally deemed as first rounders were actually taken before our pick - unlike first mock here on TBD, where JOK and Phillips remained on the board.

That means CBs Farley, Horn, Newsome, DEs Paye, Rousseau, Phillips, Ojulari, S Moehrig, RB Harris, WR Toney, LBs Collins and JOK, OL Jenkins, Vera-Tucker are not on the board.

Who do you take in this scenario? I know that you don't like other CBs, other DEs, consider it high for guards and RTs in general, don't like first round RBs, don't like Freiermuth that high. So one of OTs? Mayfield or Eichenberg? Or Barmore (can he play next to Oliver?)? Reach for CB Campbell?

Edited by No_Matter_What

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

They have interesting mock on Jetnation, where all players generally deemed as first rounders were actually taken before our pick - unlike first mock here on TBD, where JOK and Phillips remained on the board.

That means CBs Farley, Horn, Newsome, DEs Paye, Rousseau, Phillips, Ojulari, S Moehrig, RB Harris, WR Toney, LBs Collins and JOK, OL Jenkins, Vera-Tucker are not on the board.

Who do you take in this scenario? I know that you don't like other CBs, other DEs, consider it high for guards and RTs in general, don't like first round RBs, don't like Freiermuth that high. So one of OTs? Mayfield or Eichenberg? Or Barmore (can he play next to Oliver?)? Reach for CB Campbell?

I'd take Eich or Marshall I think.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't have any "one" player or position, because I really do trust Beane and his team of scouts and Front Office personnel to make a good decision. What I will say, is that this entire Draft, for various reasons, screams trading picks for moving up in nearly every Round except the 1st. 

So, between limited game action video from 2020 to a deep roster of talent nearly everywhere, this is a Draft that would seem to make sense to stay put at 30, DON'T trade down, but then spend most of the remaining Draft capital to Draft in Rounds 2 and 3. These Buffalo Bills are F-I-N-A-L-L-Y at point where it's unlikely 7 Draft picks make the active roster which translates to quality, not quantity IMHO.

Take a CB, DE, RB and TE....and that's it. In whatever order Beane and his people deem most valuable in their respective Draft positions. 

Didn’t read through all of the pages but I’ll comment on the ‘we need to beat the Chiefs’ chatter. Having rewatched the AFC Championship game it was obvious the problem was the offensive line. They couldn’t block for the running game and couldn’t stop the pass rush. Let’s hope they’ve done something to change that up. But with that said, losing one playoff game to KC doesn’t even come close to meaning we’re gonna face them every year. Each new season brings its own story. 

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Didn’t read through all of the pages but I’ll comment on the ‘we need to beat the Chiefs’ chatter. Having rewatched the AFC Championship game it was obvious the problem was the offensive line. They couldn’t block for the running game and couldn’t stop the pass rush. Let’s hope they’ve done something to change that up. But with that said, losing one playoff game to KC doesn’t even come close to meaning we’re gonna face them every year. Each new season brings its own story. 

I was bored and watching the Chargers game yesterday and the analysts were raving about the DL and secondary and how they had been playing the 2nd half of the season. The team knows they need to get better to win the SB and have expressed this but the whole team played poorly in both chiefs games last year, they didn’t execute when they needed to. and there are some reasons for that (injuries are one) but overreacting to one game isn’t a healthy way to approach the offseason imo. They need (and have I’m sure) self-scouted the entire season not just one game. There are also FA signings that can take place after the draft once the dust settles and they see where they are at each position group. Every team starts over this year, including KC. They lost both OTs and mahomes is coming off of foot surgery. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was bored and watching the Chargers game yesterday and the analysts were raving about the DL and secondary and how they had been playing the 2nd half of the season. The team knows they need to get better to win the SB and have expressed this but the whole team played poorly in both chiefs games last year, they didn’t execute when they needed to. and there are some reasons for that (injuries are one) but overreacting to one game isn’t a healthy way to approach the offseason imo. They need (and have I’m sure) self-scouted the entire season not just one game. There are also FA signings that can take place after the draft once the dust settles and they see where they are at each position group. Every team starts over this year, including KC. They lost both OTs and mahomes is coming off of foot surgery. 

agreed.  There are still some ring chasers available at CB like Sherman and Edge Rusher like Houston and Ingram whom I’m sure Beane has talked to.  Those guys would’ve already signed with rebuilding teams if they were chasing money.  Sherman just gave an interview that the teams he’s looking at are waiting until after they see who they draft.  

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

This is unbelievable.

People would rather Beane, who has shown to not be good at evaluating Defense, to draft Defense at 30 just because it appears to be a bigger need. And then thinking that basically a 2nd round pick in a terrible Defensive draft class made by Brandon Beane will suddenly transform this defense into an elite unit. That sounds good on paper and sounds cute in theory. 

How about no. Get the sure thing on Offense. It's a "sure thing" because Josh will make sure of it. You give Josh an offensive weapon at 30, Josh will make sure that guy makes an impact. An offensive weapon at RB or WR there at 30 has a much much much much higher floor than any defensive player you draft. Don't whiff on this pick.

Who were these “terrible” defensive draft picks?  I think he has done pretty well there - for sure not terrible.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

agreed.  There are still some ring chasers available at CB like Sherman and Edge Rusher like Houston and Ingram whom I’m sure Beane has talked to.  Those guys would’ve already signed with rebuilding teams if they were chasing money.  Sherman just gave an interview that the teams he’s looking at are waiting until after they see who they draft.  

I also don’t chirp the narrative that the Bills have “done nothing” with their DL. The DL itself will not be the same. They return Star in the middle which will allow Oliver to play 3tech, that’s huge in itself. They added Obada who had 5.5 sacks last year, already played for the DL coach so has a less of a learning curve than some FA adds would. This DE is a young, fast and explosive physical freak who had more sacks last year, in a rotation, than any of our DL. Then you factor in development of epenesa who has had a full offseason in the program and will actually have, it looks like , in person OTAs and a normal TC and he was really breaking out down the stretch last year. I anticipate at least one more addition in the draft or FA as it is only early April. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Fully agree with both of you and I wrote it couple of times here already. No need to overreact to AFCCG and try to reshape things just to beat Chiefs. We were 15-4 team overall so no need to panic. Just add some more pieces in FA and draft BPA. I for one hope for one speed guy in offense (WR or RB), one OL (you need to draft OL in top 3 rounds at least every other year) and either DE or CB with our first three picks. Then some big guy as DT in fifth.

And I think it is apparent that our FO sees it same way (no need to panic part).

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah.

Allen needs to keep improving. He needs to keep getting better at working with Diggs.

The intended starting OL didn't play together for a single snap. They need to do a lot better than that, and with Ford and Feliciano as the guards, they need to take advantage of that beef and aggression and improve the running game, and last year's RB rookie and 2nd year guys need to keep developing.

Were you thrilled with how the defense performed against the Chiefs? I'd argue they have to improve a lot more than the offense.

I said our defense needs to improve.  The d was laughable in the AFCCG. I thought that the bills game plan on D (and O) was the biggest issue though.  

hopefully having the intended starting OL intact will help the run game, but if we need to keep all 5 starting OL together in order to run the ball, than we’re doing something wrong.  It’s rare for any team to have their starting OL healthy all year.

I just don’t like the thought process that says “our Wr unit is our strongest unit, drafting a WR would be dumb.”  No, it would be dumb if that player turns out to be a key cog in winning the super bowl.  There are many ways to skin a cat.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I said our defense needs to improve.  The d was laughable in the AFCCG. I thought that the bills game plan on D (and O) was the biggest issue though.  

hopefully having the intended starting OL intact will help the run game, but if we need to keep all 5 starting OL together in order to run the ball, than we’re doing something wrong.  It’s rare for any team to have their starting OL healthy all year.

I just don’t like the thought process that says “our Wr unit is our strongest unit, drafting a WR would be dumb.”  No, it would be dumb if that player turns out to be a key cog in winning the super bowl.  There are many ways to skin a cat.

Maybe, but it was reported after the SB that the Bucs used the same game plan as the Bills. I didn’t study the all-22s but that was discussed.  It really came down to execution of that plan. Tre white said the same in his interview this week.