Who is the one player you DON’T want the Bills to draft @30

NewEra

20 minutes ago, McBean said:

Any defensive player.

I want a RB or WR.

A lot of points win games in this league.

We were 2nd in points last year, we need to improve the defense IMO specifically at the edges on the line and at CB. I also look at improving the guard play too before look at the RB or WR. I could see taking a TE.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

2nd in points (31 PPG) isn't good enough, especially when you're just 1 RB weapon away (ETN) from 37-38 PPG. 

Why settle for 30 PPG when you clearly have the potential for 40 PPG? I don't want this offense to be just good, or just great, I want it to be all-time historic. I want 40 PPG.

Adding another RB or WR weapon is more important than CB, DL, and Guard. This is a Passing Offense - the Guards are fine. Add another force multiplier to the skill positions.

You build around your franchise player. Stop overthinking it.

I think your premise that adding Etienne would increase scoring by a TD per game is questionable.  Did KC’s scoring increase by that much when they added Clyde Edwards-Helaire?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think your premise that adding Etienne would increase scoring by a TD per game is questionable.  Did KC’s scoring increase by that much when they added Clyde Edwards-Helaire?

CEH was a reach they should of taken Taylor or Dobbins. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

2nd in points (31 PPG) isn't good enough, especially when you're just 1 RB weapon away (ETN) from 37-38 PPG. 

Why settle for 30 PPG when you clearly have the potential for 40 PPG? I don't want this offense to be just good, or just great, I want it to be all-time historic. I want 40 PPG.

Adding another RB or WR weapon is more important than CB, DL, and Guard. This is a Passing Offense - the Guards are fine. Add another force multiplier to the skill positions.

You build around your franchise player. Stop overthinking it.

To be honest chasing needs is not what we need . Every team has needs the question is do we have enough difference makers to overcome said needs. At the end of the day it's the difference makers that win the chip. 

The Bucs last yr had a average at best secondary but they had the difference making talent in the front 7 to mask that deficiency. The yr before the Chiefs had an average LBer core and Secondary and at best a average Oline but guess what the difference making talent made the difference. 

Now when it comes to the Bills we have 3 said Difference makers Allen, Diggs and Tre White we also have a few guys we are relying on to take that next step into being said players like Edmunds and Oliver we also have some borderline guys like Poyer , Dawkins & Hyde . This coming draft we need to try to hit grand slams. Adding ETN & Rondale Moore can get us to the next level on Offense. Yes I said it the next level I know it's crazy to think of but we can get better and score more pts. 

On Defense we can still add a couple Vets to Solidify that side of the ball. There's still CBs like Sherman, Heyward and Nelson available and at Dline Clowney, Griffen and Kerrigan are still out there. If we can get a combo of any 2 of these guys for a good price that can go along way to getting us to the Show and winning it all. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

To be honest chasing needs is not what we need . Every team has needs the question is do we have enough difference makers to overcome said needs. At the end of the day it's the difference makers that win the chip. 

The Bucs last yr had a average at best secondary but they had the difference making talent in the front 7 to mask that deficiency. The yr before the Chiefs had an average LBer core and Secondary and at best a average Oline but guess what the difference making talent made the difference. 

Now when it comes to the Bills we have 3 said Difference makers Allen, Diggs and Tre White we also have a few guys we are relying on to take that next step into being said players like Edmunds and Oliver we also have some borderline guys like Poyer , Dawkins & Hyde . This coming draft we need to try to hit grand slams. Adding ETN & Rondale Moore can get us to the next level on Offense. Yes I said it the next level I know it's crazy to think of but we can get better and score more pts. 

On Defense we can still add a couple Vets to Solidify that side of the ball. There's still CBs like Sherman, Heyward and Nelson available and at Dline Clowney, Griffen and Kerrigan are still out there. If we can get a combo of any 2 of these guys for a good price that can go along way to getting us to the Show and winning it all. 

Agree on difference makers. My calculation is that most Superbowl winning teams have 4-6 of those real difference making players. The Bills need one or two more and while ideally they'd be a game breaking tight end and a superstar edge rusher they don't need to be. We should just take the guy we think can be a difference maker and not worry where on the field he plays. 

EDIT: and I repeat what I said before... the most likely way of the Bills finding two additional difference makers in 2021 is that Ed Oliver and Tremaine Edmunds step up into that bracket. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Combo of ESanders + ETN = increase of 5+ PPG. Yes.

ETN is better than CEH at both rushing and receiving. They are not the same player; ETN is clearly better. So your question is irrelevant; your question operates under the premise that ETN = CEH which is simply not the case.

I don't think you understand the Bills offense if u want them to draft Najee Harris in Round 1.

Exactly.

CEH was an overrated RB prospect to begin with.

He wasn't even the best RB on the board when the Chiefs picked him.

People keep making the Chiefs/CEH analogy in regards to the Bills/ETN. ETN is a genuinely elite RB prospect; CEH never was.

I was thinking the Bills would have to trade back into the 2nd round if they wanted him. Chiefs took him a good 20 picks or so earlier than I thought he'd go.

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

We were 2nd in points last year, we need to improve the defense IMO specifically at the edges on the line and at CB. I also look at improving the guard play too before look at the RB or WR. I could see taking a TE.

Our offense got dominated by the chiefs in both games last season. Our offense needs to improve, not stay the same.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree on difference makers. My calculation is that most Superbowl winning teams have 4-6 of those real difference making players. The Bills need one or two more and while ideally they'd be a game breaking tight end and a superstar edge rusher they don't need to be. We should just take the guy we think can be a difference maker and not worry where on the field he plays. 

EDIT: and I repeat what I said before... the most likely way of the Bills finding two additional difference makers in 2021 is that Ed Oliver and Tremaine Edmunds step up into that bracket. 

Do you see any potential difference makers who might be available at 30?  I can imagine some with the upside to possibly become difference makers, but not many that I think would likely be out of the gate stars, though I would love to hear different opinions.

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Do you see any potential difference makers who might be available at 30?  I can imagine some with the upside to possibly become difference makers, but not many that I think would likely be out of the gate stars, though I would love to hear different opinions.

They are harder to find at #30, for sure. But there will be guys taken after that pick who are difference makers as rookies.

Our best bet for difference makers remains in house guys stepping up. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They are harder to find at #30, for sure. But there will be guys taken after that pick who are difference makers as rookies.

Our best bet for difference makers remains in house guys stepping up. 

Completely agree, both Oliver and Edmunds are young and talented.

Also agree that history shows that there are difference makers drafted after the first round - challenge is, which guys this year will be drafted after 30 that will be very good players?

I think that to find a really good player at 30 at a “premium” position will require gambling an a guy who has great athleticism, but not a lot of production or limited experience.  Guys like Jayson Oweh with crazy tools, but embarrassing production or guys who flashed in 2019, but didn’t play in ‘20 are in that camp.  Also, in that group could be high production and tools guys at positions that are considered “less important”.

I really respect your opinions, can you name a few players who you think might become difference makers that could be available around picks 30 and 61?

On 4/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, dpberr said:

I'd hate a trade down.  Trade downs are for draft nerds and playing Madden.  If you're in the first round, take a player.  

As for players, no  raw one hit wonders who are 95% elite athlete, 5% football player. 

I'd especially be wary of any player who sat out last year.  

Jaylen Twyman sat out and still threw up 40 reps on the bench

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, The Jokeman said:

Agree on some levels.. Defense needs the love. Although this is a fantastic year for OL, I doubt we go there.. I could see a RB like Najee Harris if he’s available, but I doubt we would take any other offensive player outside of that unless there’s a big time player that drops. I see CB, DE and DT as the most likely targets at 30. Also think Jeremiah Owusu-Karamoah being a target or Zaven Collins but outside of those two guys I doubt we go LB.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Any WR at this point.... I think it would really hurt Gabriel Davis' production who I think is ready to become a star in this league. He looked like he belonged most of those games he played and learning from Diggs is a bonus also.

I don't know if he is explosive enough to be a star, but steady and dependable for sure.

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Any WR at this point.... I think it would really hurt Gabriel Davis' production who I think is ready to become a star in this league. He looked like he belonged most of those games he played and learning from Diggs is a bonus also.

Who cares about Gabriel Davis’ production?  We’re trying to win a super bowl.  Our O couldn’t do Jack vs the chiefs D TWO times last season. If we don’t draft a player because it would hurt gave davis’ production, the FO should be fired.  Luckily, they would never say or think of such nonsense