Who is the one player you DON’T want the Bills to draft @30

NewEra

The moore and moore I think about, my answer has become moore clear.

Rondale- if you’re the pick @30, I’m gonna be pissed.  

Really pissed, but not as pissed I’d be if we were to draft Levi Onwuzurike @30.  Great athlete, but we can’t spend 2 out of 3 1st rd picks on 3Ts, and he’s not a 1T.  I love me some Beane, but that would really make me question his ability to draft in rd 1.   I want him least (of all players I’ve seen mocked to us multiple times.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Moore I don’t want them to pick Moore.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The moore and moore I think about, my answer has become moore clear.

Rondale- if you’re the pick @30, I’m gonna be pissed.  

Really pissed, but not as pissed I’d be if we were to draft Levi Onwuzurike @30.  Great athlete, but we can’t spend 2 out of 3 1st rd picks on 3Ts, and he’s not a 1T.  I love me some Beane, but that would really make me question his ability to draft in rd 1.   I want him least (of all players I’ve seen mocked to us multiple times.

• Like (+1) 1

Any player that isn't a CB or RB.

Go back and look at the last 5 drafts.  DEs past the top 10 are a crapshoot.  About the same rate of success as any other round. 

Every other position won't result in immediate help, which I think we desperately need, with the lack of improvement we got from FA.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I'd be wary of players that held out and didn't look REALLY impressive in their pro days. Rousseau stands out there to me.

Guys with little to no production scare me too -- count me out on Oweh (though if we traded down... I'd be tempted)

I think you avoid drafting players early in deep positions -- that rules out most WRs to me.

Given our window, I'm also looking for a guy that can have a more or less immediate impact on the depth chart: that seems to rule out OT, WR, QB, DT, LB and S and highlight TE, CB and RB (though most TEs don't typically do much their first year or two).

I'd also make sure draft grade matches value there -- at 30, I'm not seeing a lot of interesting DTs -- even Barmore feels like he's probably "worth" a mid-2nd (probably will go before that, but value doesn't match need for the pick for me)

• Like (+1) 3

Don't want any WR in Round 1 unless his last name is Waddle or Chase. Don't want any light weight, 3-Tech  DT's. Don't want Nick Bolton in the 1st or 2nd Round. Don't want Jayson Oweh @ #30. 

I mean there are absolutely loads. Either of the Moores would not be greeted with joy in my little corner of East London. Ifeatu Melifonwu I would punch a wall at too (and I have seen him mocked to us in a couple of places). Ojulari, Basham, Freiermuth, Tevin Jenkins.... none of those would leave me jumping for joy either. Zaven Collins even though I really like the player I do have a major scheme question mark against and so would be lukewarm on him as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, hjnick said:

No RB, Punter, Kicker, QB, or Safety.

I’d be ok with LB, OT, G, WR, DT.

Want: CB, DE if we pick.

Really want: Trade down 

Why would you want to trade down?  It’s hard enough to find an impact player at 30.  Why dilute the talent pool further before your first pick?

I'd hate a trade down.  Trade downs are for draft nerds and playing Madden.  If you're in the first round, take a player.  

As for players, no  raw one hit wonders who are 95% elite athlete, 5% football player. 

I'd especially be wary of any player who sat out last year.  

• Like (+1) 2

I think this is the least I have ever been interested in the draft. No glaring holes,we have a QB, and we don't pick till 30.

So Beane can take whoever he wants, in my book.

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'd hate a trade down.  Trade downs are for draft nerds and playing Madden.  If you're in the first round, take a player.  

As for players, no  raw one hit wonders who are 95% elite athlete, 5% football player. 

I'd especially be wary of any player who sat out last year.  

I think getting the 5th year option is a reason to not trade out of the 1st round. But I would have totally done the deal that Miami did to trade down to 12 and get a bunch of future 1st round picks.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

Why would you want to trade down?  It’s hard enough to find an impact player at 30.  Why dilute the talent pool further before your first pick?

IMO, impactful type players can be had later in the draft. There are current “impactful” NFL players that were acquired after round one. It doesn’t hurt to have more tries at the prize 

I don't want them to draft ANYONE at 30. I'd like them to trade down.

I'd then like to see them use the accrued picks to trade around and back up a time or two, ultimately winding up with 4-5 picks in the top 100, as opposed to drafting 7 or 8 players.

I'm not one of these obsessive "trade down every year!" guys, but I feel like now is a perfect moment in the Bills build to accrue some cheap, impactful labor. Further, 30 is a great spot to trade down from, because the hope is that some team or teams want to get back up into the end of the 1st round in order to secure that 5th year option for a player they covet.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Any player that isn't a CB or RB.

Go back and look at the last 5 drafts.  DEs past the top 10 are a crapshoot.  About the same rate of success as any other round. 

Every other position won't result in immediate help, which I think we desperately need, with the lack of improvement we got from FA.

I think you are about to be seriously dissapointed.   Hide the sharp objects ahead of time.