Your favorite or most exciting game during the drought.

1. Watching the Cheats melt down after Fred goes down at the 1, and Fitz runs out the clock before the GWFG.

2.  Watching Fred stiff arm Chris Conte into Lake Michigan before the GWFG in OT against Da Bears.

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Anyone remember the 2014 home game vs the Vikings that we won at the horn? 

There was a converted 4th and 26 to chandler on the last drive. Crazy catch by hogan down the left sideline as time nearly expired. How am I remembering this crap?  Then Orton nailed Watkins on a little out route on the EZ where he torched his man to win it. 

Pretty sure it was a mid season game that kept us in contention. That was honestly an underrated classic. 

Best part of this was the YouTube video that spliced Uncle Rico chucking a steak at Sammy, then Kip says "That's what I'm talkin' about"....

I took my two boys to see opener in Chicago. Bills win in OT with a nasty Fred Jackson stiff arm.

Worst - there are so many. In person though were two games. The Raiders loss with Orion at QB. First time in Oakland collosium. What a terrible place to watch a football game. Second worst was the Chargers Peterman game. Flew down to see that with the family and left at halftime

15 hours ago, TailgateChef said:

As was I.  On the visitors side, 12 rows up.  Surrounded by Raiders fans (it was about 50/50).

I found them to be decent fans:  passionate, knowledgeable, and loud.  But they were entirely respectful.  Unlike most Jets fans....

I was in upper deck so different type of crowd. But also had issues the last time the raiders came with their fans in 100 level. Yeah jets fans are the worst for the most part

Lot of games already mentioned that I would have pointed out. The Texans game where Losman launched those two 83 yard TDs to Evans and then achieved the comeback at the end. 

Of course there some heartbreakers I recall. The Monday night Dallas game in 2007 (I think?) where they let it slip away at the end. And then the Leodis McKelvin fumblerooski in the 2009 opener against New England. It was the "Tedy Bruschi returns!" game and Buffalo had the lead all the way until the final drive but you never would've known because the commentary team was relentless in their praise for all things Bruschi and the Pats. That game right there began my habit of completely ignoring all pre and most post-game shows (I'll watch Football Night in America on Sunday evenings just to catch the highlights from other games) and most commentary. There was also the Miami Christmas Eve game in 2016 where they were "in the hunt" and went back and forth at the end, eventually forcing OT where they'd lose. Ended up being meaningless because they got spanked by the Jets the next week. 

I was at the 2003 home opener where they whooped NE 31-0. Oddly enough, NE beat Buffalo by the same exact score to end that season. They started super hot that year, with the big win over NE and then they handled Jacksonville 38-17, and then they crapped right out and only won four more games all year. 

I was at the 2014 Packers game. That one felt like they were gonna finally turn the corner and end the drought but they went and laid an egg against Oakland the following week and that was it. I recall the Jordy Nelson drop quite clearly. I remember seeing him get behind the secondary and he was 100% home free for the TD so I was like, "Aw crap, here's where they take over" but then he dropped it. And Rodgers threw two uncharacteristic picks to ol' Broccoli Rambo. Team finished 9-7 and the Douggernaught himself told everyone he'd come back in 2015 renewed and ready to go and then that same night he flat out quit lol. 

Pro Football Reference is an amazing database, btw. I just went season by season on the Bills starting in 2000 when the drought began and holy schnikes, nearly every team had trouble putting points up. Many years they finished in the bottom five in total points scored. Even in the McDermott era the highest they finished (until last season of course where their 502 points was a franchise record and good for 2nd in the NFL) was 22nd in 2017. 30th in 2018, and 23rd in 2019. Good gravy, thank the foosball gods that the days of squeaking by with a 19-17 victory and never having a QB break 300 yards are (I hope) over for a long time. Last season was incredible because we hadn't seen an offense like that since the early 90s. And I was like, "So this is what a real NFL offense looks like!" It's crazy to go from years of, "Ah crap they're down by 6 in the 4th, it's over" to...well, they had the lead in so many games last season they didn't really have to come from behind but knowing they can score on any drive is a nice feeling. Go Bills!

Edited by blacklabel

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Beating the Pack at home in 2014. I pick it because even though we blew it the next week at Oakland that felt like a win that could mean something. It felt like we were going to the playoffs. It was a big stage against a top opponent and the Bills showed up ready to play. 

Wow, cant believe that was 2014!

This is an easy one for me. Bills at Rams, 2016. I had great seats-- third row right by the goal line. I got to see Nickel Robey's interception right in front of me, and also Justin Hunter's TD reception. And Tyrod Taylor-- love him, or hate him-- was a lot of fun to watch. Bills fans were outnumbered about five to one, but to just listen to it, one would have thought they were at a Bills' home game. The players themselves attested to this afterwards. It was a hot, sweltering day at the concrete wok that is Olympic Stadium in Los Angeles. But, it was the NFL's first year back to Los Angeles, and all of us transplanted Bills fans found out how numerous (and loud) we are. What a blast! Final score: Bills 30, Rams 19.

Side note: It was the following season that I witnessed my least favorite Bills game: Bills at Chargers, where Late Nate Peterman crapped all over the field, and threw five, record-breaking interceptions in the first half. I had terrific (and expensive!) seats for that game, also-- 16th row, in the shade, at about the thirty yard line, in a stadium that only held 29,000. At least there was the beer...

Any game in those gawd awful monochrome dark blue uniforms is automatically disqualified.

The 2011 game against the Patriots to go 3-0 is the only choice...and it was done in the classic royal blues with the white helmet.