Your favorite or most exciting game during the drought.

Fitz beating the Pats was it for me.  That felt like winning a Lombardi.

It was SO tough to beat the Pats under Brady (pretty obviously).  You needed every break you could get, and even then, he'd usually put together a final drive to put the game away.  Even in that Fitz game, we needed 4 picks to make it happen.

And that was still down to the last minute. When we were down on the 1 yard line and Wilfork started pointing the other way like Fitz fumbled, my mind almost broke.  

Great win.  Glad the tables have turned on that team a bit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Was also at this game. Most of our section was raiders fans trying to start fights most of the game because they thought they were gonna win. The excuses and backtracking they did on way out was great

As was I.  On the visitors side, 12 rows up.  Surrounded by Raiders fans (it was about 50/50).

I found them to be decent fans:  passionate, knowledgeable, and loud.  But they were entirely respectful.  Unlike most Jets fans....

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I attended the home opener in 2011 when the Bills went back and forth with the Raiders, winning it on the last second...Fitz to David Nelson.  Remember how hot David Nelson's GF was?  That's what I remember the most about him.

Fitz threw for 264 and 3 TD's.  

Fred Jackson went wild for 117 yards and 2 TD's...on 15 carries!

Nelson had 10 catches.

Danny Batten recovered a fumble.

The last play of the game was a hail mary from Jason Campbell, INT'ed by Da'Norris Searcy.  Shawne Merriman was held badly on the hail mary too.

Since I was at the other end of the stadium, I had to wait for the fans reaction on that side to see what happened.

Same

I was in the upper corner at the scoring end

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I was at that game actually. Tons of fun

I watched it in a bar here. Had to argue with the bartender to turn it on one of the TVs. He was giving me crap when he say how much we were down when he did. Gave him the old no one circles the wagons line. I can only imagine how great it was seeing it live. 

46 minutes ago, dneveu said:

The Holcomb-mania bills-bengals game was also pretty fun in 2005.  Christmas eve, mcgee scored twice.

I was thinking about that game too! I think it was the first game someone had an int return for a td and kick off return for td.

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The game where Stevie Johnson dropped that beautiful game winning pass from Fitzpatrick and blamed it on God.

The game WAS exciting and a complete emotion roller coaster, we just ended up losing in the end. I became a better fan because of it.

I broke a piece of furniture that day. Not proud of it, but it happened. 

2 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

There's a lot of great games to consider and a lot of great Bills players during that time period but if I had to pick one game it would have to be Bills @ Bengals in 2010

Beast mode in 07 vs the Bengals was a good one too.

• Like (+1) 1

Not the most exciting game but I went to the Meadowlands in 2009 with a friend who is a Jets fan.  My brother-in-law had given me his seats that were in the end zone a few rows from the top of the stadium. Halfway through the 2nd quarter a guy with his girlfriend comes up to us hands us his tickets and says he'd rather sit up top with his friends. We watched the second half 15 rows off the field in the end zone.

What was even better was watching Mark Sanchez throw 5 interceptions. Also, the Jets punter threw an INT in overtime on a botched FG attempt so 6 INT's on the day. Watching all of those amongst Jets fans was highly enjoyable. Good times.

Anyone remember the 2014 home game vs the Vikings that we won at the horn? 

There was a converted 4th and 26 to chandler on the last drive. Crazy catch by hogan down the left sideline as time nearly expired. How am I remembering this crap?  Then Orton nailed Watkins on a little out route on the EZ where he torched his man to win it. 

Pretty sure it was a mid season game that kept us in contention. That was honestly an underrated classic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Beating the Pack at home in 2014. I pick it because even though we blew it the next week at Oakland that felt like a win that could mean something. It felt like we were going to the playoffs. It was a big stage against a top opponent and the Bills showed up ready to play. 

Say his name: Bacarri Rambo

He drew first blood! 2-3 picks I think?

Beating the Pats in 2011 is #1, hands down. The only problem is the sunburn i got, because for the whole day, all I was was drunk and super, super happy in the hot, hot sun on the wrong side of the stadium for shade. Totally, totally worth it. Best damned day evvaaahhhh!!!!

Next, the Miami "let it snow" game. Jimbo was running up and down the sidelines, drunk, with with no hat on. The snow and wind came whipping over the top of the stadium right after a Bills punt late in the game and I'm pretty sure Jay Fiedler went 3 and out as the stadium went absolutely nuts. Everyone was singing "let it snow" so loudly that it really stands out. Such a cool scene.

Then it's definitely the 31-0 opener in 2003. (I think, I'm not googling it) Big fat Sam Adams rumbling down the sidelines, ending up on the cover of SI that week. I still have that issue. Of course, NE beat us by the same score to end the season in Fauxboro. Eff the Pats.

HM: The Bills beat the crap out of Tebow's Denver Broncos in a night game on Christmas Eve. Great win, better tailgate and post-game.

HM: Monday night vs Dallas, although a loss, was one of the coolest games I've been to. Wade...

HM: Post-concussion, fantastic game from Trent Edwards vs the Chargers when the power went out. We were getting calls from friends to find out what was going on. That was a unique experience.

HM: Not the Bills, still stadium-related: The first winter classic vs the Penguins, which is again, a loss. Honestly, that might be the best sporting event I've ever attended.