Your favorite or most exciting game during the drought.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Beating the Pack at home in 2014. I pick it because even though we blew it the next week at Oakland that felt like a win that could mean something. It felt like we were going to the playoffs. It was a big stage against a top opponent and the Bills showed up ready to play. 

That game in person was amazing. We were in the corner at the club level in the endzone where Rodgers fumbled. Insane few minutes after that. 

Stupid Raiders game......

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I cannot believe that I don't remember this game at all.

That game was insane. I deliberately did NOT go to it because I was taking a year off from giving Ralph Wilson a penny of my money. 

Oh well.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Bills-Pats 2011. I was there. It was awesome.

Fred getting caught from behind and tackled on the one yard line was the best thing that could have happened.

Once the final whistle blew, the stadium was insane.

I stayed for as long as possible, yelling until I lost my voice. I went down to field level and asked a security guard if they’d rip up a little piece of the field grass for me to save. One guy told the other “don’t! You could get in big trouble”. The other dude shrugged, pulled up a piece of grass and gave it to me.

I’ll never forget how the stadium sounded during Drayton Florence’s pick six.

Absolutely insane moment. I'll admit to crying tears of joy....he scored right in front of us. What a game. Random people hugging each other like we'd won the SB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I was at the game when we beat the Pats 31-0..pretty awesome..I remember shaking Tom Donahoe's hand at the tunnel as he was walking by and said I love what your doing with the team. (we had just signed Lawyer Milloy I think) he said "gives us 5 years and then you'll really like it"

Oh how he was wrong

This is the first and only game that came to mind. 
    As soon as I hit Post I remembered the EJ last minute TD against the Panthers, at the Ralph, on my Birthday , which was my sons first and only game there....

It’s my picture/ icon.

Still the best Birthday I’ve had since he was born 20 years ago.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Some that stick out in my mind (other than ones mentioned here, trying to give some other ones).

I think it was 2005? We hosted Seattle in the season opener, Ryan Denney caught a TD pass on a fake fg, we won handily.

Beating the charges to go 5-1 with Trent Edwards returning from the concussion. I remember a chargers fan in the stands that has been talking junk a lot of the game, storming by me up the steps to leave and goes see you in the playoffs. I said we will be there you wont! They end up sneaking it at something like 8-8 and we blew the rest of the season

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I cannot believe that I don't remember this game at all.

This was the Why So Serious game. Coming out party for Stevie.

59 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Surprisingly there was still some exciting times during the drought.

The one that sticks out to me though is when we beat NE on a last second FG in 2011.

That was the very next game after this Raiders game. And we destroyed the Chiefs in week 1 so we were 3-0 and on our way to the playoffs! I was also at that Raiders game and it was absolutely electric when we won that. I think we had 5 straight TD drives in the second half

51 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

After watching this it has reminded me that McBeane is not getting nearly enough money, pay them extra so we never have to see these type of games again. 

Even a win feels like a loss when your team is that bad.

Gillislee had 28 yards on 24 carries.  the #2 WR was greg salas.  INTs by Lawson and Tarpley... just a hilarious series of events culminating in total failure for the Jets. 

The red zone interception to mckelvin was a killer though... in a 2 point game you can't throw an interception in the end zone.   

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

This is the first and only game that came to mind.😐

That game was nuts, the crowd went crazy when they introduced Lawyer, also I remember the joy of watching big ol Sam Adams running back that int for a td

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Week 17 against the Jets with them controlling their playoff destiny.  I had some jets friends who were getting cocky after the win week 16 against NE, and they basically laughed at the thought that poor old Rex and buffalo could do anything.  3 4th quarter fitz INTs later, they missed the playoffs..  I delighted in the suffering of others - If i can't have a good team, i want all my friends teams to suck too.

Also, upon rewatching these highlights, watkins was great when healthy.

I forgot how good Karlos Williams was....man I wish we had him now (rookie season form)

14 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Some that stick out in my mind (other than ones mentioned here, trying to give some other ones).

I think it was 2005? We hosted Seattle in the season opener, Ryan Denney caught a TD pass on a fake fg, we won handily.

Beating the charges to go 5-1 with Trent Edwards returning from the concussion. I remember a chargers fan in the stands that has been talking junk a lot of the game, storming by me up the steps to leave and goes see you in the playoffs. I said we will be there you wont! They end up sneaking it at something like 8-8 and we blew the rest of the season

I think the Seattle game was 2008 because I remember the "Brady broke his leg" chant in our section. It was a little distasteful.

Chargers game to go 5-1 was awesome! That was the power outage game if I remember correctly?

My Fav was beating the Pats* on the last second field goal. What a party! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

My fav was Saints-Colts SB, Peyton Gump (Big Game Chump) with his most epic choke job, pick-6 that blew the game. :lol:

Most exciting? Probably Bills-Cowboys MNF. :( 

I went with my dad to the Bills-Cowboys MNF game.  We had that game!  It was electric in the stadium until the end.

Edited by AmishRifle
Doubled entry upon posting
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

I went with my dad to the Bills-Cowboys MNF game.  We had that game!  It was electric in the stadium until the end.

That game was insane. I remember the countdown to going live on TV and the stadium went nuts. I believe that was the year George Wilson was converted to safety and he had a pick-6 on Romo. George was my neighbor in the apartments on Teachers Lane, so that was pretty cool. Still can't believe that final minute of the game. It was such a Bills way to lose a game during that era.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, thebug said:

I think the Seattle game was 2008 because I remember the "Brady broke his leg" chant in our section. It was a little distasteful.

Chargers game to go 5-1 was awesome! That was the power outage game if I remember correctly?

My Fav was beating the Pats* on the last second field goal. What a party! 

Yes that was the power out game!

I happened to be in Philly going on a mini vacation with the wife during the pats 2011 game. I made sure we stopped at a local bills backers bar to watch it, probably the best bar experience ever watching a bills game. The place was full of bills fans, was like the only game on and played the shout song and everything. Def made the rest of the vacation enjoyable lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

Week 17 against the Jets with them controlling their playoff destiny.  I had some jets friends who were getting cocky after the win week 16 against NE, and they basically laughed at the thought that poor old Rex and buffalo could do anything.  3 4th quarter fitz INTs later, they missed the playoffs..  I delighted in the suffering of others - If i can't have a good team, i want all my friends teams to suck too.

Also, upon rewatching these highlights, watkins was great when healthy.

Great game. I remember that Thompkins drop was huge @ the end. 

45 minutes ago, thebug said:

That was the power outage game if I remember correctly?

Yes, the famous mylar balloon that got caught on a transformer and wiped out the grid. 

I'll never forget watching that game at a local bar, and Jeff Triplett's face was frozen in time with his eyes closed for like 5 minutes on CBS. Finally texted some friends and they said power was out all over the stadium area.

24 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

It was the Stevie Johnson “why so serious “ game I believe.

Not too memorable IMO though 

At that time, it was the first game where one team had that large a deficit, and came back to win by that margin against the other team.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

At that time, it was the first game where one team had that large a deficit, and came back to win by that margin against the other team.

I hear you. I remember it being a “cool” type of win.

But I think the bills were also like 2-8 or something at the time and it was a relatively meaningless game 

Bills beating NE in 11 is the easy pick, I was at the Raiders the week prior which was nearly just as good.

The Packers 2014 win to me was the start of the Bills fortunes changing and the first flicker of remerging onto the national landscape (the Dallas win in 2019 was the fire in full force).

Some other fun games I was at during drought time were the 2004 win vs Miami when McGhee first started, 2013 Panthers win last second, 2015 Colts home opener. The Jets TNF home opener in 2016 was insane atmosphere wise the defense just couldn't get out of its way and Fitz had one of his great Fitzy games.

• Thank you (+1) 1