Your favorite or most exciting game during the drought.

I attended the home opener in 2011 when the Bills went back and forth with the Raiders, winning it on the last second...Fitz to David Nelson.  Remember how hot David Nelson's GF was?  That's what I remember the most about him.

Fitz threw for 264 and 3 TD's.  

Fred Jackson went wild for 117 yards and 2 TD's...on 15 carries!

Nelson had 10 catches.

Danny Batten recovered a fumble.

The last play of the game was a hail mary from Jason Campbell, INT'ed by Da'Norris Searcy.  Shawne Merriman was held badly on the hail mary too.

Since I was at the other end of the stadium, I had to wait for the fans reaction on that side to see what happened.

• Like (+1) 5

It’s all a meat fueled drunken blur.

I had the weirdest dream that Marv came back as GM,  Terrell Owens had a key to the city, and at one point some dude actually named “Mularkey” was in charge...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Week 17 against the Jets with them controlling their playoff destiny.  I had some jets friends who were getting cocky after the win week 16 against NE, and they basically laughed at the thought that poor old Rex and buffalo could do anything.  3 4th quarter fitz INTs later, they missed the playoffs..  I delighted in the suffering of others - If i can't have a good team, i want all my friends teams to suck too.

Also, upon rewatching these highlights, watkins was great when healthy.

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I was in Houston when the Bills played the Texans in 2006.  It was the game where JP Losman opened the game up with back to back drives with back to back 83 yard touchdown passes to #83 Lee Evans.  JP had about 220 yards in the first quarter of the game, but the Texans slowed him down considerably after that.  It was an ugly game the rest of the way, but the Bills were down 21-17 with a little over a minute to play, no timeouts...they had to go about 60 yards for a td. JP put together a nice drive, got them down to Houston's 15 yard line.  With 9 seconds left, he rolled out, and find the newly re-signed Peerless Price (taking Eric Moulds place, who was now a Texan) for the winning touchdown.  It was awesome.  The winning touchdown grab by Peerless was right in front of us.  I have been to a fair number of Bills road games, that was the only one that had such a dramatic finish.  I was sporting my brand new Price jersey, which I had only gotten in the mail the Friday before the game.  I really thought the Bills were finally going places!

• Like (+1) 3

I was at the game when we beat the Pats 31-0..pretty awesome..I remember shaking Tom Donahoe's hand at the tunnel as he was walking by and said I love what your doing with the team. (we had just signed Lawyer Milloy I think) he said "gives us 5 years and then you'll really like it"

Oh how he was wrong

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beating the Pack at home in 2014. I pick it because even though we blew it the next week at Oakland that felt like a win that could mean something. It felt like we were going to the playoffs. It was a big stage against a top opponent and the Bills showed up ready to play. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills-Pats 2011. I was there. It was awesome.

Fred getting caught from behind and tackled on the one yard line was the best thing that could have happened.

Once the final whistle blew, the stadium was insane.

I stayed for as long as possible, yelling until I lost my voice. I went down to field level and asked a security guard if they’d rip up a little piece of the field grass for me to save. One guy told the other “don’t! You could get in big trouble”. The other dude shrugged, pulled up a piece of grass and gave it to me.

I’ll never forget how the stadium sounded during Drayton Florence’s pick six.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Beating the Pack at home in 2014. I pick it because even though we blew it the next week at Oakland that felt like a win that could mean something. It felt like we were going to the playoffs. It was a big stage against a top opponent and the Bills showed up ready to play. 

I was at that game on the company dime with a colleague.  The 2 guys we had to entertain left at halftime, and my buddy and I had club seats and a company credit card.  I think we ran a 3 or 4 hundred dollar tab on beer and food.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I attended the home opener in 2011 when the Bills went back and forth with the Raiders, winning it on the last second...Fitz to David Nelson.  Remember how hot David Nelson's GF was?  That's what I remember the most about him.

Nelson had 10 catches.

The last play of the game was a hail mary from Jason Campbell, INT'ed by Da'Norris Searcy.  Shawne Merriman was held badly on the hail mary too.

Since I was at the other end of the stadium, I had to wait for the fans reaction on that side to see what happened.

Was also at this game. Most of our section was raiders fans trying to start fights most of the game because they thought they were gonna win. The excuses and backtracking they did on way out was great

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Nelson had 10 catches.

Surprisingly there was still some exciting times during the drought.

The one that sticks out to me though is when we beat NE on a last second FG in 2011.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Week 17 against the Jets with them controlling their playoff destiny.  I had some jets friends who were getting cocky after the win week 16 against NE, and they basically laughed at the thought that poor old Rex and buffalo could do anything.  3 4th quarter fitz INTs later, they missed the playoffs..  I delighted in the suffering of others - If i can't have a good team, i want all my friends teams to suck too.

Also, upon rewatching these highlights, watkins was great when healthy.

After watching this it has reminded me that McBeane is not getting nearly enough money, pay them extra so we never have to see these type of games again. 

Even a win feels like a loss when your team is that bad.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This was going to be my pick, too.

Close second:  Beating the Pats* 34-31 in 2011.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

It’s all a meat fueled drunken blur.

I had the weirdest dream that Marv came back as GM,  Terrell Owens had a key to the city, and at one point some dude actually named “Mularkey” was in charge...

That's just nonsense. You must have been seriously poisoned by the old Aud air when you went exploring......

• Agree 1

Some people forget that the Bills were not terrible for most of the drought.  Rather, they were endlessly mediocre.  6-10, 7-9 types of teams.  Not 2-14 teams.  That means they won a fair number of games, which makes this an interesting thread.  Here are a few games that come to mind for me.  These are just from memory, so I don't have dates/years:

J.P. Losman led a game winning drive against Jacksonville, in Buffalo, ending up with a last-second FG.

E.J. Manuel led a game winning drive against Carolina, resulting in a last-second winning TD reception in the corner of the end zone.

Kyle Orton led a game winning drive against Detroit that ended with a Dan Carpenter 58 yard FG to win it.

The Fitzpatrick-led win against New England that is mentioned several times above.  What I remember most and liked best about this game was Freddy Jackson running in for the go-ahead TD, but instead deciding to very wisely go down at the 1.  That allowed the Bills to run out the clock and kick a game-winning FG.  Had Freddy scored, NE would have had the ball with time on the clock and Brady probably would have led them back down to beat us.  NFL teams make that mistake so often....

Edited by msw2112